Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Processing times for offshore childs visa ?

Processing times for offshore childs visa ?

Old Dec 13th 2009, 9:21 am
Account Closed

JenJen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Processing times for offshore childs visa ?

I forget but I think it's visa class 101

Just wondering if anyone has had one of these done recently and could tell me how quick it was processed ?

Many Thanks
Old Dec 13th 2009, 10:28 am
Reg. Migration Agent

Les Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to beholdLes Mighalls is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Processing times for offshore childs visa ?

Every application is different and will have a different timeline.

It just depends on the situation.

Sometimes they are not straightforward, though, and get rejected.

I won an appeal in the Migration Review Tribunal several months ago after a Child Visa (101) application had been rejected. I then shepherded the reconsideration through the overseas post to a successful conclusion, but not without a bit of argy bargy along the way.

Just make sure your paperwork is all in order before you lodge.
Old Dec 13th 2009, 1:17 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Les Mighalls
Every application is different and will have a different timeline.

It just depends on the situation.

Sometimes they are not straightforward, though, and get rejected.

I won an appeal in the Migration Review Tribunal several months ago after a Child Visa (101) application had been rejected. I then shepherded the reconsideration through the overseas post to a successful conclusion, but not without a bit of argy bargy along the way.

Just make sure your paperwork is all in order before you lodge.
It was posted Tuesday last week, double checked all the forms before they were sent, we already have PR visa's and a letter from the company who my husband would be working for so i'm kind of hoping it will be fairly straightforward, we've done the medical too and just waiting for the money to be taken to let us know they're dealing with it.
Old Dec 13th 2009, 3:00 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JenJen
It was posted Tuesday last week, double checked all the forms before they were sent, we already have PR visa's and a letter from the company who my husband would be working for so i'm kind of hoping it will be fairly straightforward, we've done the medical too and just waiting for the money to be taken to let us know they're dealing with it.
Sponsors for visa 101 may now need additional police checks, if the ones you did when you migrated have expired.
Old Dec 13th 2009, 5:00 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by JAJ
Sponsors for visa 101 may now need additional police checks, if the ones you did when you migrated have expired.
Yes the police checks have changed haven't they lots more pages and Mr JenJen had to do more passport pictures and tell them how often he has a bowel movement almost
Plus they cost at least twice as much as when we last had them done !!!!
Thanks JAJ I think we were pretty organised this time round. Dotted the i's crossed the t's. Got the relevant docs signed by the solicitors - that funnily enough was cheaper than when we did it before talking £ per page of course - odd. I'm just hoping its gonna be dealt with quickly.
Old Jan 25th 2010, 11:06 am
BE Enthusiast

soulrebel will become famous soon enoughsoulrebel will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by JAJ
Hi JAJ
We are expecting a baby in april and will need to get a child visa 101 for her.
Is getting new police checks standard procedure for all child visas or depending on the case. We got PR visa in july 2008 and validated them in september of that year so our checks would be out of date.
Will we have to get checks just from the date of expiration of the most recent police check up to the present time or will we have to do it all again for the last 10 years.
We have lived in 3 different countries in the last 10 years and it was a big hassle to get all paperwork from the 3 jurisdictions so to do it all over again would be terrible.
Thanks
Old Jan 25th 2010, 11:06 am
BE Enthusiast

soulrebel will become famous soon enoughsoulrebel will become famous soon enough

Yes the police checks have changed haven't they lots more pages and Mr JenJen had to do more passport pictures and tell them how often he has a bowel movement almost
Plus they cost at least twice as much as when we last had them done !!!!
Thanks JAJ I think we were pretty organised this time round. Dotted the i's crossed the t's. Got the relevant docs signed by the solicitors - that funnily enough was cheaper than when we did it before talking £ per page of course - odd. I'm just hoping its gonna be dealt with quickly.
Hi Jen
How long did you have to wait or are you still waiting??
Old Jan 25th 2010, 12:30 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by soulrebel
Hi Jen
How long did you have to wait or are you still waiting??
Hey hun

It took about a week and a half from the forms being received in London to getting the ok, sending off our daughters passport and getting it back with the visa inside !

Best of luck
Old Jan 25th 2010, 12:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hey hun

It took about a week and a half from the forms being received in London to getting the ok, sending off our daughters passport and getting it back with the visa inside !

Best of luck
Thanks Jen
Did you guys have to do new police checks?

I just called the visa office in london and he said it is taking about 12 weeks now
New baby due in April and we were hoping to go in may but am worried now it won't be ready. We have so much to organise like removals, giving job notice etc don't know what to do. AAArrrgghhh!!!
Old Jan 25th 2010, 12:48 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by soulrebel
Thanks Jen
Did you guys have to do new police checks?

I just called the visa office in london and he said it is taking about 12 weeks now
New baby due in April and we were hoping to go in may but am worried now it won't be ready. We have so much to organise like removals, giving job notice etc don't know what to do. AAArrrgghhh!!!
Hiya yes the main applicant will have to fill in another police check and depending on when you last did it it's got worse and more expensive
for my daughter hubby had to fill in what he reckoned was more like a mini booklet and we eneded up paying about £70 to get it back within a week, I would get the forms and most of them filled in so that when you're daughter arrives you can get the last few bits done like passport photo's etc and bobs your uncle. If I remember right my husband had to also send in passport pictures of him.
But if you get the forms now you'll know what you need.

No we were told it could be up to 12 weeks wait but we had the visa thumbs up within a week and her passport back less than half a week after that..

We had everything ready though and we sent her medical off with the visa forms so there was no waiting on that either.

We're still waiting to sell the bloody house

Good luck
Old Jan 25th 2010, 1:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hiya yes the main applicant will have to fill in another police check and depending on when you last did it it's got worse and more expensive
for my daughter hubby had to fill in what he reckoned was more like a mini booklet and we eneded up paying about £70 to get it back within a week, I would get the forms and most of them filled in so that when you're daughter arrives you can get the last few bits done like passport photo's etc and bobs your uncle. If I remember right my husband had to also send in passport pictures of him.
But if you get the forms now you'll know what you need.

No we were told it could be up to 12 weeks wait but we had the visa thumbs up within a week and her passport back less than half a week after that..

We had everything ready though and we sent her medical off with the visa forms so there was no waiting on that either.

We're still waiting to sell the bloody house

Good luck
Printed off the 2 diifferent forms last night for the 101 visa, it is really long
Thats good news that it only takes a week. I will already request police check now so it will be ready when Baby comes
Thanks again.