Processing times info

Old Sep 15th 2003, 5:53 pm
Just Joined

kelso is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Processing times info

Hi all

When I sent DIMA an email in June/July of this year they told me they were processing visas from May 2002.

This seemed strange to me because a friend of mine applied in december 2001 and got in June 2002. But that was via an embassy. Since all applications got moved to Adelaide things must have slowed down remarkably.

I applied under ieaust skills and it seems as if everybody gets their visa before 1 year 4 months have passed and most in under a year.

I have sent them updated information with my additional work experience about three weeks ago and no reply apart from the automatic reciept email generator.

I wrote DIMA qouting my reference no. in a very polite email. I asked a question about DIMA sending me a medical form to get things done sooner. The reply I got from DIMA was exceptionally polite and kind in reply, answering my question. They informed me that these will be sent to me and that they couldnt help in getting things done sooner. They informed me in that email that processing takes 12 + months

My message is this dont hassle DIMA with anything, rather look for a post or post a question, they at DIMA in ASPC ADELAIDE are really doing a class A job in the most professional way. I regret writing the letter because it took at least 5 minutes of that polite persons time there, and that person really answered with empathy.

DIMA knows that people who want to emigrate live through a lot while they wait. They have lots of these applications and they do them slowly and surely but properly, and if it takes a long time its because there is a procedure that cant be speeded up. I know for a fact that they do check employer references so it takes time because sometimes things must be translated and so everybodies takes longer.

It will get quicker if nobody contacts DIMA except when absolutely neccesary. If you sent an application in and you were given a reference no. the onus is on DIMA to inform you of everything.