Problems uploading docments on Immi site

Old Sep 2nd 2008, 1:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sandy.l is on a distinguished road
Default Problems uploading documents to 475 evisa

Hi

I'm trying to upload scanned documents to our online visa application and I keep getting an error message:

The following errors have been encountered:
1. A problem occurred sending the attachment to the internal ws.: Error reading request response Server returned HTTP response code: 500 for URL: /fileStoreExternal/WebServiceBoundaryServlet

Has anyone else come across this? I've checked the format and size of files and they fit in with the specifications.

Also I've attached some with no problem but then when I log back in later in the day, half of them are not there anymore, so I just keep re-attaching them. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Last edited by Sandy.l; Sep 2nd 2008 at 3:04 pm.
Old Sep 7th 2008, 12:42 pm
Forum Regular

Angib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant future
Default Re: Problems uploading docments on Immi site

Was hoping you had an answer here i keep getting 'internal file store error 500' and cannot attch - did you get anywhere? cheers
Old Sep 7th 2008, 1:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Angib
Was hoping you had an answer here i keep getting 'internal file store error 500' and cannot attch - did you get anywhere? cheers
No, no responses and I'm still having problems. I've had a dig through the immi site though and it seems it's perfectly acceptable to send them in by email if there are problems attaching. Today is my statutory 28th day so I'm gonna give it one more try and then just send them by email. This is the information page I found:

http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/visa...fessionals.htm

Hope this helps!
S
Old Sep 7th 2008, 2:05 pm
Forum Regular

Angib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant future

Thanks still getting nowhere
Old Sep 7th 2008, 2:16 pm
Forum Regular

Annehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really nice

Hi
I keep trying to download my forms 26EH and 160EH and I get a blank screen every time. So it could be something to do with there side.

Best of luck and keep trying to upload them.
Old Sep 7th 2008, 6:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hello again

I've just completed uploading all my documents!! I did keep getting an error message but then my husband (who is an IT guru!) spotted the obvious mistake I was making! I had '&' and '-' in my saved document names! I've renamed them all without using any characters and also with smaller file names and they've all gone up with no problem!

So I suggest you go through and check all your document names and I bet you'll find that you've used characters!

Hope this helps
S
Old Sep 8th 2008, 9:50 am
Forum Regular

coffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud of

Hi
We are still having problems - any ideas??
Thankyou
Old Sep 8th 2008, 10:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Mine worked fine once I'd got rid of all the 'characters' such as ampusand (& )and hyphen (-), I also shortened all the file names. Compress all documents so they are as small as possible (most of mine compressed to 150kb-350kb and are still very legible) this saves the session timing out on the upload.

S
Old Sep 8th 2008, 10:48 am
Forum Regular

coffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud of

Thankyou still no go - mine are pdf files what were yours ??
Old Sep 8th 2008, 11:07 am
Banned

Samoa will become famous soon enough

Hi
We have been trying for a few days now to send an e-mail with attachments with the final few things requested by our co but the e-mails keep getting bounced back. Even if we just send a plain letter on its own it still comes back.
Anyone have any ideas?
Thanks
Samoa
Old Sep 8th 2008, 11:47 am
BE Enthusiast

All mine were jpegs
Old Sep 8th 2008, 11:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Samoa, it may sound obvious but have you checked the email address is correct.

Also look in the body of the 'bounced' email reply and see if it says a reason for non delivery, then post that on here, it may help us work out the problem
S
Old Sep 8th 2008, 3:03 pm
Forum Regular

lexycam is on a distinguished road

Hi

I used the email address to send mine, which is

[email protected]

you then get a message back saying that they have received them. hope this is of any help

Old Sep 8th 2008, 3:57 pm
Banned

Samoa will become famous soon enough

Hi

I was a little unsure if I should use that address as on the immi website it says to use the address that you have been given by your co. But as everything else has failed we will try this and see what happens. My OH is an IT expert and even he is stumped. All we can think of is there is a problem at their end.

Hopefully the [email protected] address will work and they will acknowledge that they have received it. I will keep you all informed.
Thanks for the help so far
Samoa