Problems with medicals

Old May 7th 2008, 1:58 pm
Just Joined

sandy_glasgow is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Problems with medicals

Hi,

I am extremely chuffed to find this website at the middle of all the ongoing problems with my medicals. I hope someone out there can relieve me of my misery.

I applied for a 457 visa in January hoping to start on my new job in Sydney in July. Everything was going according to plan until the MOC noticed a scar on my chest xray. As the scar appeared to be 'TB-like', they asked me to undergo further medical tests for TB, including a second chest xray, 3 day sputum test and sputum culture - the results of all came back negative. I was Ok until then because there was still time for me to get my visa in time for me to start work. However, a message was posted on my online visa application page on 1 May that further medicals are required. I checked the link for "Complete health forms for this applicant", and on the new webpage that opens, it says - "Manual Health", and on the next line, "You do not have outstanding health requirement for this visa application." I emailed the immigration office using the contact details at the bottom of the application status and received a reply within 24 hours which simply said that the case officer will get in touch with me if further medicals are required.

I am getting really worried now because any further delays in the visa process may prompt my employers to withdraw their job offer. I was wondering if employers in Australia cancel contracts for delays in the visa process?

Also, does anyone know why the message was posted on the visa application status webpage without updating the link for complete health forms? Is this a regular occurance? I am seriously doubting my dream-move down under and thinking of other avenues to explore. Is this me being over-cautious? I am highly skilled in nanotechnology research and could basically find a job anywhere in the world although it may take a few months. But, Australia has always been THE country for me.

I apologise for the long message. Any comments or advice, on even my realistic hopes, would be hugely appreciated. Thanks in advance to those all who respond.
Old May 7th 2008, 3:46 pm
where is my gold ticket!!

michell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to all
Default Re: Problems with medicals

Bumping this up for you
Old May 7th 2008, 8:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

loubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really nice
Default Re: Problems with medicals

Hi, sorry I can't help but wanted to wish you luck.

Kind regards Lou xxxx