A problematic question by CO !

Old Jan 25th 2011, 2:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

QLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really nice
Exclamation A problematic question by CO !

Yesterday I sent an email to CO notifying him of change in my contact number
I have recently got married and am not still living with my wife as we were planning to start our life after obtaining Australian visa
I had inform my CO of my marriage and he had added my spouse in my application
Now, he has noticed ( from form 1022) that we are not still living together and this is what he has asked :
" Could you please also clarify the following queries.

1) Why you spouse is still listed as living at a different address?

2) will your spouse submit an IELTS result or pay the VAC2 fee later
when requested? "

Can I reply that we want to start our life in Australia and are not willing to live together till we get our visa ?

Regards
Old Jan 25th 2011, 2:40 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A problematic question by CO !

Originally Posted by QLDlover
Yesterday I sent an email to CO notifying him of change in my contact number
I have recently got married and am not still living with my wife as we were planning to start our life after obtaining Australian visa
I had inform my CO of my marriage and he had added my spouse in my application
Now, he has noticed ( from form 1022) that we are not still living together and this is what he has asked :
" Could you please also clarify the following queries.

1) Why you spouse is still listed as living at a different address?

2) will your spouse submit an IELTS result or pay the VAC2 fee later
when requested? "

Can I reply that we want to start our life in Australia and are not willing to live together till we get our visa ?

Regards
DIAC is not trying to trick you. They asked you what seem like perfectly reasonable questions, so why not just send them the answers?
Old Jan 25th 2011, 2:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

QLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really nice

Originally Posted by Pollyana
DIAC is not trying to trick you. They asked you what seem like perfectly reasonable questions, so why not just send them the answers?
Thanks for your reply, actually I want to tell him that we will live together once we obtain our visa, Is this acceptable for DIAC ?
Regards
Old Jan 25th 2011, 3:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for your reply, actually I want to tell him that we will live together once we obtain our visa, Is this acceptable for DIAC ?
Regards
If that is the case then that is what you say. We don't know whether it will be acceptable. If you want an honest answer, it sounds very weird to me. Why would a husband and wife not live together before they get a visa, perhaps you should explain that more to CO when you answer.
Old Jan 25th 2011, 3:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
If that is the case then that is what you say. We don't know whether it will be acceptable. If you want an honest answer, it sounds very weird to me. Why would a husband and wife not live together before they get a visa, perhaps you should explain that more to CO when you answer.
Sorry for short answer, I wanted to say that we prefer to spend our living costs such as house, car, assets where we are going to live permanently. This might be unreasonable to buy households for a few months and then leave them and go to Australia.
Regards
Old Jan 25th 2011, 6:24 pm
Banned

gr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant future

Sorry for short answer, I wanted to say that we prefer to spend our living costs such as house, car, assets where we are going to live permanently. This might be unreasonable to buy households for a few months and then leave them and go to Australia.
Regards
check your PM.
Old Jan 25th 2011, 7:17 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Regards
Then tell your CO that as a reason for living apart.

Australia is a "western" nation. Western nations find it strange for a married couple to live apart after marriage. We tend to see marriage as a good reason for starting to live together and it is very unusual to continue to live apart, hence the reason for your CO questioning it.
Old Jan 26th 2011, 7:59 am
Forum Regular

ahmadsh is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Then tell your CO that as a reason for living apart.

Australia is a "western" nation. Western nations find it strange for a married couple to live apart after marriage. We tend to see marriage as a good reason for starting to live together and it is very unusual to continue to live apart, hence the reason for your CO questioning it.
Given them as approximate (tentative) date (lets say after 3 months) you will start living with your wife..

Its better than stating after visa is issued, CO can think, what if visa is not issued then wont you live with her?
Old Jan 26th 2011, 8:11 am
Forum Regular

Tina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by ahmadsh
Its better than stating after visa is issued, CO can think, what if visa is not issued then wont you live with her?
I think it looks like deceit and I wonder why some cultures tend to produce an above average range of people who seek to game the system.

I suggest that application is under the microscope -- and rightly so.
Old Jan 26th 2011, 8:49 am
Forum Regular

lynetteh is just really nicelynetteh is just really nicelynetteh is just really nicelynetteh is just really nicelynetteh is just really nicelynetteh is just really nicelynetteh is just really nicelynetteh is just really nice

Reading between the lines of your reply am I correct in guessing that either you or your wife or both of you are still living at home with parents? If this is the case then you should explain that it is significantly cheaper to you/her/both to stay with family for now, so that you can save up money to set up a house together once you get to Australia. This would be a more convincing arguement (provided it is true and you can prove it) than simply saying you prefer to stay apart until you move, which sounds suspicious.
Good luck!
Old Jan 26th 2011, 9:58 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Tina7
I think it looks like deceit and I wonder why some cultures tend to produce an above average range of people who seek to game the system.

Watch your words..update your cultural know how before giving open suggestions.

It is not deceit at all.

As per my understanding this guy is in eastern part of world and over there marriages can takes place (legally in documents) even years before husband and wife would actually start a new life together.

This trend is not at all present in Western part of world. The "microscpe holder"/CO may not know this detail, right??

One way is to attempt to explain "this aspect of culture", you would be lucky if you are undertood correctly.

Another way is to give approximate date of union which would fall well under approximate timelines when visa would be issued (e.g by mid 2012).

In this case you would bypass any possible confusion at CO's end, and it is not like gaming with the system!

I am regarding B.E's norms otherwise I can comment may "games and deceits" about culture you are in.

Ahmad
Old Jan 26th 2011, 10:08 am
Forum Regular

Tina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to beholdTina7 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by ahmadsh
Watch your words..update your cultural know how before giving open suggestions.

It is not deceit at all.

As per my understanding this guy is in eastern part of world and over there marriages can takes place (legally in documents) even years before husband and wife would actually start a new life together.

This trend is not at all present in Western part of world. The "microscpe holder"/CO may not know this detail, right??

One way is to attempt to explain "this aspect of culture", you would be lucky if you are undertood correctly.

Another way is to give approximate date of union which would fall well under approximate timelines when visa would be issued (e.g by mid 2012).

In this case you would bypass any possible confusion at CO's end, and it is not like gaming with the system!

I am regarding B.E's norms otherwise I can comment may "games and deceits" about culture you are in.

Ahmad
Your ways may be radically different from the culture which you or others are seeking to enter.

It would be wise to fully explain a situation and not expect from outside the originating culture to be able to interpret the situation.

In the absence of a fulsome explanation of the situation, the CO in the receiving country must assume deceit unless proven otherwise. In formulating the application, this should always be borne in mind, Ahmad.
Old Jan 26th 2011, 11:47 am
Forum Regular

Your ways may be radically different from the culture which you or others are seeking to enter.

It would be wise to fully explain a situation and not expect from outside the originating culture to be able to interpret the situation.

In the absence of a fulsome explanation of the situation, the CO in the receiving country must assume deceit unless proven otherwise. In formulating the application, this should always be borne in mind, Ahmad.

Tina you are unable to pick essence of such marriages, complexity involved, cultural difference and perhaps consequences of confusion.

I have seen a number of posts at B.E in which simple cases like change of circumstances (e.g job switch & new contacts) creates confusions. Here it is fairly complicated cultural difference to be understood correctly.

There is no harm in avoiding confusion while being wisely honest and strait forward. Unions for such marriages do depend upon maturity of time-frame and/or conditional circumstances. If QldLover would try to explain the culture, the CO may get slipped towards condition mapped on the successful grant of VISA, which would be wrong to assume.

Here highlighting tentative time-frame (which is true essence of such marriages) for union will keep things strait, explanations may complicate the case.

Lastly, I had many years of my life spent near many cultures, I know both eastern and western cultures very well.

Sorry for turning from point of discussion, giving you just one example of cousin marriages (First cousins), which is allowed in most of middle eastern and African cultures.

Even if I write 15000 lines of justifications, you wont get convinced it is ethically justified, rather you would be confused and most probably misunderstood.

Another example is dowry, which is bride’s parents pay cash and house holds to their son in law (Indian culture) . And in Arab culture it is opposite, i.e the groom pays money to bride’s parents… doesn’t it looks like parents actually sell their young daughters… how would you comment it even if I attempt to justify it, you WILL surely fall in misconceptions..

So..more you avoid explanation on cultural differences, more it is better for such cases.

Last edited by ahmadsh; Jan 26th 2011 at 11:55 am.
Old Jan 26th 2011, 12:39 pm
Forum Regular

MAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to all

Your comment sounds really really discriminatory. I am doing my best trying to understand why (how you dear) you associate "people who seek to game the system" with "some cultures".

This is a legitimate question for me just for the fact that the person involved has chosen to tell the truth instead of lying in the app. However, it seems that definitely you don't have the cultural level to understand this.

Therefore, I would really recommend you for the good of the forum that if you don't have nothing constructive to say, just don't say anything and stop making moral assumptions in cases that you don't have first hand information.
Old Jan 26th 2011, 12:51 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by MAR001
Your comment sounds really really discriminatory. I am doing my best trying to understand why (how you dear) you associate "people who seek to game the system" with "some cultures".

This is a legitimate question for me just for the fact that the person involved has chosen to tell the truth instead of lying in the app. However, it seems that definitely you don't have the cultural level to understand this.

Therefore, I would really recommend you for the good of the forum that if you don't have nothing constructive to say, just don't say anything and stop making moral assumptions in cases that you don't have first hand information.
I did have something constructive to say. It might be apparent that you are the type that chooses to look for snippets of discrimination when I wasn't alluding to that at all nor did I specify any culture in particular, race or creed. In fact, Ahmad clarified some aspects that, as he rightly pointed out, could stymie QldLover in the long run.

Sometimes the written word can be rather sterile. Sometimes there are those who are bereft of reading between the lines, which could be the case for you and I both. It would be disingenuous to ignore the countless of posters who do attempt to omit important information in order to improve their chances for securing a visa. You haven't been here long enough to understand this.

This is a forum for an exchange of ideas. I don't need a hug nor a keyboard warrior to upbraid me. I work with the law and law enforcement and I don't need to sugarcoat my answers to appease the chattering classes.

All in all there is no need to be so smug and I too would recommend you keep your own counsel lest the very ambiguous cause you champion backfire.

Last edited by Tina7; Jan 26th 2011 at 2:15 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.