Problem with police check for citizenship

Old Feb 18th 2013, 9:15 am
Daffyd Duck

commonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Problem with police check for citizenship

well, i don't see the significance 12 months rule then.
once you stay continuously in a country for 90+ days you would be required to obtain a PCC.
Old Feb 18th 2013, 10:51 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DM1432
This also confused me! I will be applying soon and haven't been out of Australia since we arrived almost 4 year ago. However, a friend who has a better understanding than me suggested as I remained in the UK for 10month after my PR visa was granted I would need a police clearance certificate as I held a PR visa and lived in a country more than 90 days! Can anyone tell me if this is correct? If I can apply without submitting a new clearance that would save a bit of cash on the whole process (7 of us)! sorry if this in gone of thread
With 10 months before you arrived in Aus they may well ask for police checks, you might be lucky and get away with them only requesting checks on those of you over 16 at the time
Old Feb 19th 2013, 3:44 am
Forum Regular

DM1432 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jarvl
We validated our visas after PR was granted with a holiday, went back to the UK and sold house etc and moved out to Australia 6 months later. When we applied for citizenship we had to get police clearance certificates due to that reason.
Thanks, I will get them just in case they do ask, I don't want to slow the process down further