problem with job verification........Help!

Old Feb 3rd 2008, 5:45 pm
Just Joined

harsh is just really niceharsh is just really niceharsh is just really niceharsh is just really niceharsh is just really niceharsh is just really niceharsh is just really niceharsh is just really nice
Default problem with job verification........Help!

My employer recieved a call from the Australian high commission about my job verification. The officer was not satisfied with the answer given by my employer.I am 138 visa class with TRA DRESS-MAKER / DESIGNER. My employertold the officer that I am working as MANAGER / DESIGNER in his firm. My CO has given me an opportunity to comment on this information, before the decision is made regarding my application. Iwork in the firm as a DRESS- MAKER / DESIGNER,but my boss has given me task of the manager as the manager is on leave. Should I fill the CHANGE OF CIRCUMSTANCE FORM, or just inform my CO about the situation? Please........................Help.
Old Feb 5th 2008, 6:42 am
Just Joined

robort is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: problem with job verification........Help!

I think the change of circumstances form is used only when you change a job or change of address, your promotion is an internal matter in your company.
Also, if you have good terms with your boss, tell him to give a sat. declaration that you are working with him & on such & such post.
Is this enough? Can anyone suggest something better?
Old Feb 5th 2008, 7:36 am
BE Forum Addict

hereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to behold

I believe what is important is the job you were doing on the date of application. I'd get your employer to do a stat dec stating what you were doing i.e. dressmaker/ designer and that your promotion to manager came after the date of application and is a temporary measure to cover an absence.

Then scan and email this to your CO with your own explanation.
Old Feb 5th 2008, 8:01 am
Forum Regular

dhakar_zubok is a jewel in the roughdhakar_zubok is a jewel in the roughdhakar_zubok is a jewel in the roughdhakar_zubok is a jewel in the rough

Do they verify all applicants job. I am asking because in that case I will inform my Manager earlier & will give a copy of job certificate that was issued by him so that there is no communication gap.

But my question is when they usually contact with job providers?
Old Feb 5th 2008, 1:03 pm
Oh, George.....

Irish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to all

Originally Posted by harsh
My employer recieved a call from the Australian high commission about my job verification. The officer was not satisfied with the answer given by my employer.I am 138 visa class with TRA DRESS-MAKER / DESIGNER. My employertold the officer that I am working as MANAGER / DESIGNER in his firm. My CO has given me an opportunity to comment on this information, before the decision is made regarding my application. Iwork in the firm as a DRESS- MAKER / DESIGNER,but my boss has given me task of the manager as the manager is on leave. Should I fill the CHANGE OF CIRCUMSTANCE FORM, or just inform my CO about the situation? Please........................Help.

Hope this doesn't sound stupid but does the Case Officer contact the employer for EVERYONE? I'm only asking because we haven't told my OH's boss about our plans. We had to submit a Stat Dec for the TRA approval and this was okay.

Help!!!
Old Feb 5th 2008, 3:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

ice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to all

Originally Posted by harsh
can i just ask... did the high comm contact the person who wrote your reference?
Old Feb 5th 2008, 5:10 pm
Just Joined

harsh is just really niceharsh is just really niceharsh is just really niceharsh is just really niceharsh is just really niceharsh is just really niceharsh is just really niceharsh is just really nice
Post Re: problem with job verification........Help!

Yes, the reference letter was written and the call was attended by my boss.
Old Feb 5th 2008, 5:14 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Irish Gal
Hope this doesn't sound stupid but does the Case Officer contact the employer for EVERYONE? I'm only asking because we haven't told my OH's boss about our plans. We had to submit a Stat Dec for the TRA approval and this was okay.

Help!!!
It is the High Commission of your country who does the job verification either in person or on telephone.
Old Feb 5th 2008, 5:54 pm
Oh, George.....

Irish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to all

But do they give you the option of providing wage slips/bank details to prove you are employed by that person? We really don't want my OH's employer to know until we're ready to tell them. We want to go as late as we can etc.
Old Feb 5th 2008, 6:17 pm
Oh, George.....

But do they give you the option of providing wage slips/bank details to prove you are employed by that person? We really don't want my OH's employer to know until we're ready to tell them. We want to go as late as we can etc.

Anyone know the answer to this one. The whole reason we provided a Stat Dec was to avoid this.....
Old Feb 5th 2008, 10:11 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone know the answer to this one. The whole reason we provided a Stat Dec was to avoid this.....
It's not a given that they will do a workplace check, but it is a very real possibility. Especially if you have not provided a letter of reference from your employer.
Old Feb 6th 2008, 11:58 am
BE Forum Addict

ice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to all

what do you write in your stat declaration??
Old Feb 6th 2008, 12:45 pm
Oh, George.....

Originally Posted by ChocCake
what do you write in your stat declaration??

When applying for the TRA, there was an option if you don't want to ask your current employer for a statement, you can submit a stat declaration.

We also had a letter from a previous employer, certificates from college, etc submitted as proof that he was skilled in his profession.

The stat dec was fine for the TRA so not sure why a Case Officer will go ahead and contact them if they know you want to keep it private.
Old Feb 6th 2008, 1:54 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

When applying for the TRA, there was an option if you don't want to ask your current employer for a statement, you can submit a stat declaration.

We also had a letter from a previous employer, certificates from college, etc submitted as proof that he was skilled in his profession.

The stat dec was fine for the TRA so not sure why a Case Officer will go ahead and contact them if they know you want to keep it private.
To prevent visa fraud; that's why they do employment checks.
Old Feb 6th 2008, 2:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

ahh ok.. so i dont have to worry about stat dec as im doing ACS
thanks!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.