Priority Processing

Old Jan 18th 2010, 10:28 am
Just Joined

rob_zw is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Priority Processing

Hi All, Just after a bit of advice, and steer. I have been working on getting a visa for the last few years now, I am on the verge of submitting my 175 visa application.

I have had a positve skills assesment from ACS for IT Manager 1224-11, this however is not on the CSL or MODL.

Is it true that should i submit the application now, likelihood is that it will only be completed in 3 years?

I scored exactly 120 points, and that is after the extra points for having sat the IELTS. if i submit the application now, in the 3 years i will turn 35 (turn 35 in 2012). will this mean that my point then drop which make me not suitable under 175 any more.

Is it worth me submitting the application? or should i explore other avenues? If so what would the general advice be?
Old Jan 18th 2010, 10:33 am
Forum Regular

uppalpankaj is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Priority Processing

If you are ready to wait for three years and do not have any other alternative than you must apply. However, if you do have some other alternative such as getting the state sponsorship or nominating an occupation that is currently on CSL, then go for that.

No your points will not drop as points are calculated only at the time of making the application and do not effect it in the future.
Old Jan 18th 2010, 10:42 am
Banned

Ozwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to all

Originally Posted by rob_zw
Hi All, Just after a bit of advice, and steer. I have been working on getting a visa for the last few years now, I am on the verge of submitting my 175 visa application.

I have had a positve skills assesment from ACS for IT Manager 1224-11, this however is not on the CSL or MODL.

Is it true that should i submit the application now, likelihood is that it will only be completed in 3 years?

I scored exactly 120 points, and that is after the extra points for having sat the IELTS. if i submit the application now, in the 3 years i will turn 35 (turn 35 in 2012). will this mean that my point then drop which make me not suitable under 175 any more.

Is it worth me submitting the application? or should i explore other avenues? If so what would the general advice be?
As uppalpankaj says Rob, your points as at time of application will apply though it does not mean that DIAC may not change the system over the next few years either.

You should also realise too that 2012 is only indicative as with a priority approach and a yearly cap, if there are more higher priority applications than can fit ion the cap, that'll mean very few or none lower priority applications may be processed each year and so such applications could just sit waiting indefinitely.

Some people in that situation are looking to the Employer Sponsorship route, that being top priority at the moment.
Old Jan 18th 2010, 10:45 am
BE Enthusiast

wilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of light

Bear in mind also that your IELTS will only be valid for a certain amount of time! If I was you I would lodge application now and start the ball rolling

All the best
Old Jan 18th 2010, 10:48 am
Shafaqat Ali

shafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of light

I think age is counted when you lodge the application. Perhaps someone can confirm it.
As you are not on CSL & Modl so according to current steers you would get your application processed before the end of 2012.
Decision is up to you, if you can wait until 1012 but I am not sure if DIAC again introduce some new steers and priorities.
Old Jan 18th 2010, 12:55 pm
Banned

Ozwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to all

Originally Posted by shafaqat309
I think age is counted when you lodge the application. Perhaps someone can confirm it.
As you are not on CSL & Modl so according to current steers you would get your application processed before the end of 2012.
Decision is up to you, if you can wait until 1012 but I am not sure if DIAC again introduce some new steers and priorities.
It is not at all that someone would get their application processed by end of 2012 but that processing is unlikely before the end of 2012.

That means processing sometime in 2013 is possible but also not definite.
Higher priority applications will take priority.
Old Jan 18th 2010, 1:57 pm
Just Joined

rob_zw is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow! Thanks everyone for the responses, i really appreaciate it.

that clears up the age thing as that was really worrying me.

So the general consensus is that if I can wait 3 years I should, although there is no Guarantee.

How difficult is it to get employer sponsership? and how would i go about that? Would I be able to apply for the 175 now, then add that in later?

Thanks again all.
Old Jan 18th 2010, 2:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

wilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of light

Yes, just apply for a 175 now and if while waiting you find an employer who is willing to sponsor you then you can apply for the ENS. You would have to let DIAC know this though as there are rules about validating your 175 visa.
Old Jan 18th 2010, 4:59 pm

newjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wilson01
Yes, just apply for a 175 now and if while waiting you find an employer who is willing to sponsor you then you can apply for the ENS. You would have to let DIAC know this though as there are rules about validating your 175 visa.
A bit confusing IMO. You'd certainly have to let DIAC know, but it has little to do with the validation process. It is not unusual to have two concurrent applications, So when you have your ENS visa granted then you'd cancel the ongoing 175 application, because there is no need to waste DIAC's resources on processing a second Permanent visa for the same person. Also, if I remember anything about the ENS, there is no validation attached to it.
Old Jan 18th 2010, 5:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

If you applied for a 175 and then found a willing sponsor for ENS then in fact you would convert the 175 as it is the same class of visa. You can't convert a 175 to a temporary employer sponsored (the 457) though.
Old Jan 18th 2010, 5:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by newjersey
A bit confusing IMO. You'd certainly have to let DIAC know, but it has little to do with the validation process. It is not unusual to have two concurrent applications, So when you have your ENS visa granted then you'd cancel the ongoing 175 application, because there is no need to waste DIAC's resources on processing a second Permanent visa for the same person. Also, if I remember anything about the ENS, there is no validation attached to it.
got the info from this site myself or maybe im just getting confused but thought OP was talking about same thing as following link

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=545394
Old Jan 18th 2010, 5:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Also, what OP wants to do is what I was advised to do when I began seeking advice from MARA agent. Hope it helps OP
Old Jan 18th 2010, 8:14 pm
Banned

If a person has a 175/176 in the system, there is no notifying or conversion to be done re an ENS/RSMS visa for though they can be a fee free visa, it is a separate application, ie.
The 175/176 stays as it is while you apply for the ENS/RSMS.

Some people may desire it to remain that way if they would like to have the back up of getting an independent PR visa.

You also need to ensure you apply for the offshore visa and do check the eligibility criteria first and then look for the sponsor.
http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/skill...-visa-apps.htm

If unsure, elect to consult an agent at least for some direction.
Old Jan 19th 2010, 6:16 am
Forum Regular

Amit1981 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ozwanderer
If a person has a 175/176 in the system, there is no notifying or conversion to be done re an ENS/RSMS visa for though they can be a fee free visa, it is a separate application, ie.
The 175/176 stays as it is while you apply for the ENS/RSMS.

Some people may desire it to remain that way if they would like to have the back up of getting an independent PR visa.

You also need to ensure you apply for the offshore visa and do check the eligibility criteria first and then look for the sponsor.
http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/skill...-visa-apps.htm

If unsure, elect to consult an agent at least for some direction.
175 visa application can be converted into ENS 121 application. This was mentioned in FAQ released by DIAC sometime in Apr last year.
Old Jan 19th 2010, 7:12 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Basically, Rob, if you're eligible now apply now. You never know when DIAC could change the rules again. The sooner you get your application in the sooner it will be decided. If you wait 3 years to apply who knows what the requirements will be?

An employer sponsor is not easy to come by. It's difficult to find an employer when you are not in the country and don't have a visa to be here when there are people already in country with valid visas looking for work. Certainly send your CV around and if you get a sponsor then you can convert your 175 application to ENS if the employer is willing to sponsor for PR. Most employers though would rather sponsor for a 457, which means you are tied to that employer and it's a temporary visa. That seems to be a decent choice for people (if they can get a sponsor) while they wait for their 175/176 to be processed.

Anyway, take a read of www.immi.gov.au and maybe talk to a migration agent about your options. However, like I said, you won't be granted any visa if you don't send in your application.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.