Priority Consideration

Old Mar 5th 2021, 2:48 am
Just Joined

fmanjum is an unknown quantity at this point
Post Priority Consideration

Hi All,

I just came across this page on Immi where it says that applications can be fast-tracked by paying $1000 additional fee. I just want to know if that is for citizenship applications? Can't post the link here as I have newly joined but if you search "Priority Consideration (fast-track) service" you will get to that page.

Is there any other way to expedite your citizenship application? Anyone tried anything like minister's request or something?

Kind regards,
Farukh

Old Mar 5th 2021, 8:24 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Priority Consideration

ds
Originally Posted by fmanjum
Hi All,

I just came across this page on Immi where it says that applications can be fast-tracked by paying $1000 additional fee. I just want to know if that is for citizenship applications? Can't post the link here as I have newly joined but if you search "Priority Consideration (fast-track) service" you will get to that page.

Is there any other way to expedite your citizenship application? Anyone tried anything like minister's request or something?

Kind regards,
Farukh
Are you sure you are talking about an application for an Australian visas/citizenship?
Old Mar 5th 2021, 8:34 am
Just Joined

Hi Polly,

the webpage doesn't say anything if It's for visa or citizenship. That's why I wanted to check if anyone can clarify. It simply says expediting your application.
Old Mar 5th 2021, 8:42 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Polly,

the webpage doesn't say anything if It's for visa or citizenship. That's why I wanted to check if anyone can clarify. It simply says expediting your application.
Just had a quick Google and seems to only be for visitor visas and even then was introduced as a trial for certain countries only such as China. So don't think it's relevant to you anyway.

What reason do you have for wanting to expedite?
Old Mar 5th 2021, 9:06 am
Just Joined

Parents are too old and want to go back ASAP
Old Mar 5th 2021, 9:45 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

There's no way to speed up the processing of a citizenship application. Are you applying for citizenship by conferral or by descent?
Old Mar 5th 2021, 9:46 am
Just Joined

By conferral, thanks for explaining that this process cant be expedited
Old Mar 5th 2021, 9:52 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

By conferral, thanks for explaining that this process cant be expedited
No worries, sorry it wasn't better news. If you haven't seen it already, this page tells you how many citizen applications are awaiting processing, and the approximate timelines. https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/citi...ocessing-times
Old Mar 5th 2021, 11:15 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

I do think the processing times shown might be out of date. With little or no visa applications to process, I wonder if they are processing citizenship applications faster. I applied middle of October 2020; citizenship test was 6th Feb with approval on the same day, and my ceremony will be in May so about 7 months start to finish
Old Mar 5th 2021, 11:50 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
I do think the processing times shown might be out of date. With little or no visa applications to process, I wonder if they are processing citizenship applications faster. I applied middle of October 2020; citizenship test was 6th Feb with approval on the same day, and my ceremony will be in May so about 7 months start to finish
That's.good news for the OP.

And - congratulations on your citizenship!! Welcome to the Aussie Family

Old Mar 5th 2021, 9:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

rammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond repute

It does seem to depend on the state, SA and ACT seem to be fastest and ViC the slowest. The backlog seems to be around test dates.
Old Mar 5th 2021, 11:47 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
That's.good news for the OP.

And - congratulations on your citizenship!! Welcome to the Aussie Family
Not quite there yet - need to do the ceremony in May but I have a date so all good
Old Mar 5th 2021, 11:52 pm

Originally Posted by rammygirl
It does seem to depend on the state, SA and ACT seem to be fastest and ViC the slowest. The backlog seems to be around test dates.
I would think the VIC lockdowns will have impacted their ability to conduct tests