Is a printer a desirable trade?

Old Mar 24th 2008, 10:38 am
Forum Regular

brissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond repute
Default Is a printer a desirable trade?

Hi Folks

I was wondering if there were any printers who had relocated to Oz?

My brother is a printer by trade and hes wanting to apply to come over.

I honestly dont have a clue but was wondering where would be the best place to find out?

Cheers

Jamie
Old Mar 24th 2008, 12:53 pm
Forum Regular

sampson will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Is a printer a desirable trade?

I got a positive assesment from the TRA and was awarded 60 points for being a Printer. I'm just waiting for a case officer at the moment, hopefully should have my visa this summer
Old Mar 24th 2008, 1:56 pm
Forum Regular

brissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sampson
I got a positive assesment from the TRA and was awarded 60 points for being a Printer. I'm just waiting for a case officer at the moment, hopefully should have my visa this summer
Whats the TRA mate? I can get my bro to fill this in.

Cheers

Jamie
Old Mar 24th 2008, 2:03 pm
Forum Regular

sampson will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by brissybound
Whats the TRA mate? I can get my bro to fill this in.

Cheers

Jamie

Trades Recognition Authority. The TRA are the people that assess your skill/trade and decide if you qualify for the points that your particular trade/skill is worth (machine Printer = 60 points). Getting a positive assessment by the TRA is probabaly the most crucial part of the visa application so it would be a good idea to get your bro to speak to an agent to see what chance he has of passing the TRA stage.