primary school teachers

Old Jun 27th 2010, 8:16 pm
Just Joined

nikki84 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default primary school teachers

I am a primary school teacher, my partner also trained as a primary school teacher but has worked as a secondary school teacher for the past two years. We have both applied to AITSL and my partner has been accepted as a primary school teacher, i am still awaiting mine. Unfortunatly it is me who took the English language test and we were going to apply in my name but we have just found out that primary teachers are no longer on the SOL list. Is there anyway we can still apply for immigration? (maybe in my partners name as a secondary school teacher? or state sponsorship?)
Thank you!
Old Jun 27th 2010, 8:49 pm
Forum Regular

musicalfever4 is just really nicemusicalfever4 is just really nicemusicalfever4 is just really nicemusicalfever4 is just really nicemusicalfever4 is just really nicemusicalfever4 is just really nicemusicalfever4 is just really nicemusicalfever4 is just really nice
Default Re: primary school teachers

Hi,
well primary school teachers are off the new SOL, but there is still the chance of SMP, but the new lists of the different states are not ready yet, but it will be possible that states sponsor primary school teachers (see module 4, I think). But you will have to wait and see what really happens. I am happy enough to have a skills assessment as secondary school teacher, but also need to go for SMP and now waiting to see which states will give me the chance. I applied for VIC, but they are not processing my application at the moment, will have to wait till July.
Petra