Previous Visa Rejection

Old Jan 8th 2015, 8:04 pm
Just Joined

pothugantis is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Previous Visa Rejection

My wife's visa application was rejected for US in 2005. Now there is a query from Case Officer to specify the reason for the rejection. We do not have the visa rejection letter given at that time to specify the exact reason for the rejection.

Does such an answer be acceptable to them? I am sure it is not for reasons of fraud or any negative things and they can find that out from US embassy, if they look for it though.
Old Jan 8th 2015, 10:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Previous Visa Rejection

I would consult an agent such as Go Matilda as yes, a rejection can have negative impacts
Old Jan 8th 2015, 10:53 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pothugantis
they can find that out from US embassy, if they look for it though.
And so can your wife. Which is what the case officer wants her to do.
Old Jan 9th 2015, 5:06 am
Forum Regular

joshbay84 is an unknown quantity at this point

Don't take this for granted, this was just my experience

I had my B1 visa to US rejected and had specified the same in Form 80. I had mentioned that "the visa officer was not convinced that my job duties were related to B1 visa". I did not have any letter too, I just put this based on my memory.

I got 189 visa grant this afternoon. However, it took 105 days for the grant. May be there were some enquiries made.

Again, this was just my experience - you might want to consult agent if required.
Old Jan 9th 2015, 10:06 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Dorothy
And so can your wife. Which is what the case officer wants her to do.

Is there a way to check with the embassy? I didn't know. Will check. pls let me know if you have info on how to check this.
Old Jan 10th 2015, 7:03 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pothugantis
Is there a way to check with the embassy? I didn't know. Will check. pls let me know if you have info on how to check this.
Try posting in the US Immigration forum on here, i'm sure someone can point you in the right direction for the American equivalent of a freedom of information check

http://britishexpats.com/forum/us-im...ship-visas-34/
Old Jan 10th 2015, 6:41 pm
Just Joined

That's a good idea. Thanks to all for your replies. Really helps.