Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Preloading meds / police checks - how early

Preloading meds / police checks - how early

Old Nov 8th 2004, 11:25 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Preloading meds / police checks - how early

How early can you request medicals / x-rays and police checks? I seem to remember reading somewhere that they are only valid for a fairly short period and if you get them too early you can end up having to get them done again. (I am sure there are old threads on this subject but I couldn't find them easily).
Old Nov 8th 2004, 11:53 am
Life is good

claire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to all
Default Re: Preloading meds / police checks - how early

I think they are valid for a year. We had our medicals etc requested 6 months after submitting the application.

Claire
Old Nov 8th 2004, 11:59 am

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes, they're both valid for a year so:

If you have police checks November 2004 and medical December 2004 they are both valid until November 2005.

If you didnt get your visa until September 2005 they you would only have two months to validate your visa, or you can re-apply for the police checks which would mean you had until December 2005.

I hope this makes sense?!
Old Nov 8th 2004, 12:00 pm
Wannabee Queenslander

badri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by worzel
How early can you request medicals / x-rays and police checks? I seem to remember reading somewhere that they are only valid for a fairly short period and if you get them too early you can end up having to get them done again. (I am sure there are old threads on this subject but I couldn't find them easily).
Hi
It depends on how quick you can leave for AUs. Mostly its valid for a year pcc and meds which ever is earlier.

Mostly people suggest to do it three months in advance then you have sufficient time. This way you might avoid expiration of pcc and meds.

If worst comes they will ask for new meds and you have spend the money again.

Cheers
Badri
Old Nov 8th 2004, 12:39 pm
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks all. My wife thought 12 months came into it somewhere but the fact that it is 12 months from validation visit and not 12 months from preliminary visa grant passed us by. So it is probably not worth us arranging these just yet as we have only just sent off skills assessments.