Pregnant whilst waiting for PR approval?

Old Apr 10th 2002, 5:53 pm
Forum Regular

BillyGoatGruff is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Pregnant whilst waiting for PR approval?

My wife and I have applied for Skilled Independent on the back of my IT skills (she’s a nurse but we didn’t bother getting her assessed). We applied in January, and got the requests for medicals and police checks back this week. The only problem (not a problem, it’s wonderful!) is that she is also pregnant, due in October.

I spoke to our agent this morning an d he reckons that if we get the medicals done and they approve our visa before the kids (twins) are born but we do not validate our visa before the birth then our visa application will be completely defunct and we’d have to start all over again. Can anyone clarify is this is actually the case?

If we submit our medicals and character checks ASAP in an attempt to get it all processed before the end of July (latest she’ll be allowed to fly), would we be able to contact DIMIA and get them to put the application on hold until after the birth?

The thinking behind this is that we will then be able to have the kids back in the UK and then apply for visas independently for them as children, rather than holding up our apps. to a point where perhaps IT is not being treated as such a high priority.
Old Apr 10th 2002, 10:00 pm
George Lombard

Default Re: Pregnant whilst waiting for PR approval?

Hi Jon,

Your biggest problem is persuading your pregnant wife to do the medicals. My guess is
that you won't have them before the birth, and that will determine your timing.

Cheers

George Lombard

www.austimmigration.com.au JonMills wrote in message
<[email protected]>...
    >My wife and I have applied for Skilled Independent on the back of my IT skills
    >(she’s a nurse but we didn’t bother getting her assessed). We applied in January,
    >and got the requests for medicals and police checks back this week. The only problem
    >(not a problem, it’s wonderful!) is that she is also pregnant, due in October.
    >
    >I spoke to our agent this morning an d he reckons that if we get the medicals done
    >and they approve our visa before the kids (twins) are born but we do not validate
    >our visa before the birth then our visa application will be completely defunct and
    >we’d have to start all over again. Can anyone clarify is this is actually the case?
    >
    >If we submit our medicals and character checks ASAP in an attempt to get it all
    >processed before the end of July (latest she’ll be allowed to fly), would we be able
    >to contact DIMIA and get them to put the application on hold until after the birth?
    >
    >The thinking behind this is that we will then be able to have the kids back in the
    >UK and then apply for visas independently for them as children, rather than holding
    >up our apps. to a point where perhaps IT is not being treated as such a high
    >priority.
    >
    >
    >
    >--
    >Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Apr 11th 2002, 5:54 am
Forum Regular

mxqth is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Pregnant whilst waiting for PR approval?

I find myself in a much similar situation. Both my agent and my case officer advised us to wait until the child is born and only than to undertake the medicals, all of us (btw, for the second time, first set expired).