Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Pregnant after PR application. Any effect on the application?

Pregnant after PR application. Any effect on the application?

Old May 12th 2003, 11:21 am
Just Joined

Phil Outram is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Pregnant after PR application. Any effect on the application?

We've just got the "Big Yellow Envelope" from Adelaide, after applying late Jan this year, and are now organising police checks and medicals.
My wife is now 12 weeks pregnant, due in November.
Does anyone know if this will affect our visa application?
Also, has anyone else made the big move with a new-born? Any tips etc?
Hopefully, we'll be landing in Perth June/July 2004.
Thanks,
Phil.
Old May 12th 2003, 11:36 am
Forum Regular

M4rk is an unknown quantity at this point

Search this site for details. It is not recommended but hey life is for living so congratulations!

I believe your medicals will reflect your wife's pregnancy, and this forces additional blood tests. You may also find the X-rays can't be done until baby is born depending on the radiologist.

You are supposed to tell DIMA of your change of circumstances and they may wait until after your baby is born before issuing your visa. (Baby may also have to have medical) (Not clear on what makes this decision- you will have to search for details). If you dont tell DIMA I think your visa will not include new baby, and you will have to sponsor your child in another visa app to come live with you.

May be possible to get temp working visa while you wait for baby to arrive...

Not certain if this helps, maybe one of the experts can give a greater insight. Congratulations again!.
Old May 12th 2003, 11:47 am
Just Joined

Thanks M4rk.
It'll be a bit of a downer having to wait til November, but if that's the case it'll give us a bit more time to get some more funds together. Just want to get out there asap. But, as they say "good things come to ....... " etc.
It should give us a bit more time to get our act together with a baby again. We have a 9 year old, so i guess we'll be a bit out of practice!
Thanks again,
Phil.
Old May 12th 2003, 7:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

keel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pregnant after PR application. Any effect on the application?

Originally posted by Phil Outram
We've just got the "Big Yellow Envelope" from Adelaide, after applying late Jan this year, and are now organising police checks and medicals.
My wife is now 12 weeks pregnant, due in November.
Does anyone know if this will affect our visa application?
Also, has anyone else made the big move with a new-born? Any tips etc?
Hopefully, we'll be landing in Perth June/July 2004.
Thanks,
Phil.
HI Phil
Congatulations

My wife became pregnant during our application so we informed dima. They said we could wait till the baby was born before she had a medical but we'd been in the system fot nearly 2 years so we decided to press on and have the medical/xray.

We waited till she was 17 weeks pregnant before she had the xray( the radioiligist will not do one before 13 weeks)

Sometimes the radioligst will refuse to xray whilst pregnant so you may have to look around for one if you choose to.

If you search this forum for pregnancys and xrays you will probably get better informed about the pros and cons.

Hope this helps

Keel
Old May 13th 2003, 12:58 pm
Just Joined

hi keel.
and congrats to you too! hope you are all well.
just found out about the reluctance of radiologists.......
we'd arranged for xrays to be done, and let them know about the pregnancy etc. it was only when we got there that they said "no can do" re:13 weeks pregnant. they said they couldn't do it under 20 weeks. it's taken us 14 years to get around to moving back to perth (we were there in '89 backpacking), so a few move months or so shouldn't matter too much.
thanks again, and good luck.
Phil.