Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Pre September 05 Independent visa moans and groans. Get it off your chest

Wikiposts

Pre September 05 Independent visa moans and groans. Get it off your chest

Old Jan 19th 2006, 1:43 am
BE Enthusiast

angel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pre September 05 Independent visa moans and groans. Get it off your chest

Originally Posted by tucs
No stear clear of your CO until you really have to.
If you read the mail from LCU it should just be a standard mail saying something about contacting you within 48 hours and your first point of contact should be your CO.
Next mail you get will tell where they are with your meds.

I actually got 3 mails from them one saying about contacting my CO first.This was just the standard computer generated mail. 2nd mail was informing me of the opening times over christams and the new year. These 2 were bog standard replies computer generated. Thats why i didnt mention them.
3rd mail told me what i wanted. All 3 mails came the same day so give it a little more time.

Okay thanks for that. Il give it a couple of days. Im just getting really inpatient and the worry sets in a bit. I just want to know they have the meds then at least its something less to worry about.
Old Jan 19th 2006, 1:44 am
Tiny Member

tucs is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: Pre September 05 Independent visa moans and groans. Get it off your chest

Bet you a pint yuo get news tomorrow

Originally Posted by Jonahs_mummy
??? I didn't get the standard email????
Old Jan 19th 2006, 1:45 am
BE Enthusiast

angel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pre September 05 Independent visa moans and groans. Get it off your chest

??? I didn't get the standard email????

I think maybe it was because i mailed them and the office was shut?? I will just wait and see if they get back to me in the next 48 hours. I dont want to email my co unless really have to. Im sure they will get back to you saying they have been processed.
Old Jan 19th 2006, 2:13 am
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by angel17796
I think maybe it was because i mailed them and the office was shut?? I will just wait and see if they get back to me in the next 48 hours. I dont want to email my co unless really have to. Im sure they will get back to you saying they have been processed.
that was one thing i wondered - will they keep my enquiry email and let me know when they have been processed or should i keep asking?
Old Jan 19th 2006, 3:11 am
BE Enthusiast

that was one thing i wondered - will they keep my enquiry email and let me know when they have been processed or should i keep asking?

It says on the email they sent me that if you give all the information they need to look up the case then they will try and get back to you within 48 hours, if not then it may take longer. I assume they will get back to you from your initial enquiry. I would probably give them another day or two then if you dont hear then maybe you should try again.

The wait is killing me and im really tempted to email my CO. Im going to wait till the beggining of next week and if i dont hear anything then i might email her. Your timeline is almost identical to mine so i hope one of us hear something so we have an indication of whats going on. Fingers crossed for us!!
Old Jan 19th 2006, 3:15 am
BE Enthusiast

STEVE&TERRI has much to be proud ofSTEVE&TERRI has much to be proud ofSTEVE&TERRI has much to be proud ofSTEVE&TERRI has much to be proud ofSTEVE&TERRI has much to be proud ofSTEVE&TERRI has much to be proud ofSTEVE&TERRI has much to be proud ofSTEVE&TERRI has much to be proud ofSTEVE&TERRI has much to be proud ofSTEVE&TERRI has much to be proud ofSTEVE&TERRI has much to be proud of

I had the same email this morning,I think it was because they were closed,tomorrow hopefully we should receive the email to say that the medicals were received and has been processed,(fingers crossed)
Old Jan 19th 2006, 5:29 am
Tiny Member

dont forget the ten hour time difference. Place might have been closed, thats when you get the auto response

Originally Posted by STEVE&TERRI
I had the same email this morning,I think it was because they were closed,tomorrow hopefully we should receive the email to say that the medicals were received and has been processed,(fingers crossed)
Old Jan 19th 2006, 7:57 pm
Tiny Member

Any news??

Said to myself i would go one whole day without looking on this site but think i am hooked.

Seriously though, i got my visa thursday morning and last night was the first night i slept through without waking up and checking my email at 5 in the morning then 6 then 7. I had it worked out that by 8am they had gone home so then i wouldnt have to check my email. Then I would spend the day going through this site checking how people are getting on then go to bed and start again at 5am.

Sad i know but i wish DIMIA would realise what people go through.
Very hard to not put your life on hold. i promised i wouldnt, i would just carry life as normal. Impossible.

Originally Posted by STEVE&TERRI
Old Jan 19th 2006, 8:12 pm
Forum Regular

mrs. impatient is just really nicemrs. impatient is just really nicemrs. impatient is just really nicemrs. impatient is just really nicemrs. impatient is just really nicemrs. impatient is just really nicemrs. impatient is just really nicemrs. impatient is just really nicemrs. impatient is just really nicemrs. impatient is just really nice

Any news??

Said to myself i would go one whole day without looking on this site but think i am hooked.

Seriously though, i got my visa thursday morning and last night was the first night i slept through without waking up and checking my email at 5 in the morning then 6 then 7. I had it worked out that by 8am they had gone home so then i wouldnt have to check my email. Then I would spend the day going through this site checking how people are getting on then go to bed and start again at 5am.

Very hard to not put your life on hold. i promised i wouldnt, i would just carry life as normal. Impossible.
i said exactly the same,that i would put australia at the back of my mind,ha,ha what a joke,its the only thing i ever think about,where you modl tucs?how long did you wait for visa?mrs.
Old Jan 19th 2006, 8:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Any news??

No news from this side Tucs, Maybe Claire has got her email back from them. I hope they send one of us a mail soon. I know about checking the emails as well im terrible. I check in the morning and i check late at night just incase they are really keen and send me the "got it" the minute they get in the office. I just want to know what is going on!!
Old Jan 20th 2006, 12:46 am
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

No news from this side Tucs, Maybe Claire has got her email back from them. I hope they send one of us a mail soon. I know about checking the emails as well im terrible. I check in the morning and i check late at night just incase they are really keen and send me the "got it" the minute they get in the office. I just want to know what is going on!!
nothing here
Old Jan 20th 2006, 3:08 am
Tiny Member

As i said the not knowing anything is desperate.
It is shameful they cant have a system where you can check as to what stage you are at. Surely in this day and age they must be able to have a web site where you log on and see what docs have arrived, what information they require and what will be the next stage. Even if they said "from 6 months time from now this will happen" you will then know nothing will happen to your application until a certain date.
Have dates on the web site beside the Co's name so that someone is accountable for time lines.
As soon as the application is received it goes on the system, then you can contact someone regarding not having a CO.
There manager can straight away see who is performing to expectations who is not and who is achieving beyond expectations.
If an application has not supplied all necessary information then put it on the web site so the paying customer and manager knows why it is taking longer to process.
This nonsense of having files stacked on top of each other and troops of people pushing paper around is crap. With the age of the computer upon us are we not supposed to be in the paperless society?
If we want to be real smart about it, then surely we as the paying customer who are offering another country our services should be treated with a little more respect.
I was very fortunate with times so i cannot complaining about mine. 4 months to the day for a CO, 5 months 10 days for visa being issued (MODL). But i am reading horror stories from other people on this site.

Old Jan 20th 2006, 3:14 am
BE Enthusiast

STEVE&TERRI has much to be proud ofSTEVE&TERRI has much to be proud ofSTEVE&TERRI has much to be proud ofSTEVE&TERRI has much to be proud ofSTEVE&TERRI has much to be proud ofSTEVE&TERRI has much to be proud ofSTEVE&TERRI has much to be proud ofSTEVE&TERRI has much to be proud ofSTEVE&TERRI has much to be proud ofSTEVE&TERRI has much to be proud ofSTEVE&TERRI has much to be proud of

It is shameful they cant have a system where you can check as to what stage you are at. Surely in this day and age they must be able to have a web site where you log on and see what docs have arrived, what information they require and what will be the next stage. Even if they said "from 6 months time from now this will happen" you will then know nothing will happen to your application until a certain date.
Have dates on the web site beside the Co's name so that someone is accountable for time lines.
As soon as the application is received it goes on the system, then you can contact someone regarding not having a CO.
There manager can straight away see who is performing to expectations who is not and who is achieving beyond expectations.
If an application has not supplied all necessary information then put it on the web site so the paying customer and manager knows why it is taking longer to process.
This nonsense of having files stacked on top of each other and troops of people pushing paper around is crap. With the age of the computer upon us are we not supposed to be in the paperless society?
If we want to be real smart about it, then surely we as the paying customer who are offering another country our services should be treated with a little more respect.
I was very fortunate with times so i cannot complaining about mine. 4 months to the day for a CO, 5 months 10 days for visa being issued (MODL). But i am reading horror stories from other people on this site.

Well said..............
Old Jan 22nd 2006, 9:21 am
Suzy's Mummy too!

Well I just got the automated email so hopefully will get a 'proper' answer later on...? Our submission date is this coming Wednesday the 25th Jan so all i need to know is that they have at least received the stuff in time for that!!!! It really doesn't help that our CO only works Mon/Tues/Wed...... We are finding ourselves 'living' for Monday AM!!!!!!!

Claire

PS. Here's hoping this week brings news although if nothing by Wednesday it will be next week!!!
Old Jan 22nd 2006, 9:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Well I just got the automated email so hopefully will get a 'proper' answer later on...? Our submission date is this coming Wednesday the 25th Jan so all i need to know is that they have at least received the stuff in time for that!!!! It really doesn't help that our CO only works Mon/Tues/Wed...... We are finding ourselves 'living' for Monday AM!!!!!!!

Claire

PS. Here's hoping this week brings news although if nothing by Wednesday it will be next week!!!

Hi Claire. Our date is the 25th Jan as well. Im really considering emailing my CO tomorrow just to find out if she has all the stuff. Hope you get the email from LCU soon. We still havent heard anything yet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.