Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Pre September 05 Independent visa moans and groans. Get it off your chest

Wikiposts

Pre September 05 Independent visa moans and groans. Get it off your chest

Old Jan 18th 2006, 6:29 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pre September 05 Independent visa moans and groans. Get it off your chest

Well i got an email back from the LCU saying "Your medicals are not yet showing on our system as being processed." I guess I will keep trying.
Old Jan 18th 2006, 7:42 pm
Tiny Member

tucs is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Pre September 05 Independent visa moans and groans. Get it off your chest

This morning i got an email from my CO saying they had now located my PCC she is sorry for any inconvenience caused and she has granted our visa.

What can i say, gob smacked. Was all prepared to go and apply for new PCC this morning. Now i will be running down the school to get my €500 deposit back!!

Originally Posted by J and M
Hi Claire
They got back to me within couple of hours I almost collapsed when the email popped up from them, it said we recd your meds on 19th Dec and we have made them available to your CO on 21st Dec.

Also we though we had lost PCC as they couldn't trace them once they hit Oz, so we emailed CO and after 9 days of sweating, swearing, numerous phone calls to Ausmail and drinking, I even rang the High commission for help as no one would speak to me. Our CO emailed us this morning to say This case will be finalised in the next few weeks. What a relief !!!!! We are going to Spain on 5th Feb so I hope we hear before then. We will either drown our sorrows or celebrate either way. Good luck
Old Jan 18th 2006, 8:22 pm
MOM
Forum Regular

MOM will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by tucs
This morning i got an email from my CO saying they had now located my PCC she is sorry for any inconvenience caused and she has granted our visa.

What can i say, gob smacked. Was all prepared to go and apply for new PCC this morning. Now i will be running down the school to get my €500 deposit back!!

Congratulations!!! I love surprises!!
You must be over the moon!

Well done!
xs
Old Jan 18th 2006, 8:38 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

that is absolutely fantastic! Oh I am made up for you!
Claire
xxxxx
Old Jan 18th 2006, 8:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

STEVE&TERRI has much to be proud ofSTEVE&TERRI has much to be proud ofSTEVE&TERRI has much to be proud ofSTEVE&TERRI has much to be proud ofSTEVE&TERRI has much to be proud ofSTEVE&TERRI has much to be proud ofSTEVE&TERRI has much to be proud ofSTEVE&TERRI has much to be proud ofSTEVE&TERRI has much to be proud ofSTEVE&TERRI has much to be proud ofSTEVE&TERRI has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Jonahs_mummy
that is absolutely fantastic! Oh I am made up for you!
Claire
xxxxx
Fantastic news, Well done.
Old Jan 18th 2006, 9:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

angel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond repute

Well i got an email back from the LCU saying "Your medicals are not yet showing on our system as being processed." I guess I will keep trying.

Hi there. I was just wondering if i should email them as ours was sent on Dec 15th. Thing is im not very sure what i should say to them. Did you just ask them if your medicals had been processed yet? Sorry for being a pain lol
Old Jan 18th 2006, 10:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

happymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud of

Brilliant news, a great outcome after all the hassle you've had. Well done! Enjoy c elebrating!
Old Jan 18th 2006, 10:48 pm
Tiny Member

No pain at all.
Here a copy of the mail i sent them. make sure to put in ref no. and ID no.

To: [email protected]
cc:

Subject: Medical forms

Please could you help me by telling me if you have received my medical forms yet please.

Ref no.
ICSE Request ID

Regards.

Just kept it short and they got back the same day.

Originally Posted by angel17796
Hi there. I was just wondering if i should email them as ours was sent on Dec 15th. Thing is im not very sure what i should say to them. Did you just ask them if your medicals had been processed yet? Sorry for being a pain lol
Old Jan 18th 2006, 11:35 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

I asked if they could give me an update on the status of our medicals. I included the ICSE number & the case number, plus the full names & DOBs of all applicants.

Claire
Old Jan 19th 2006, 12:29 am
BE Enthusiast

angel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond repute

I asked if they could give me an update on the status of our medicals. I included the ICSE number & the case number, plus the full names & DOBs of all applicants.

Claire

Cheers Claire. I will do that just now.
Old Jan 19th 2006, 12:30 am
BE Enthusiast

No pain at all.
Here a copy of the mail i sent them. make sure to put in ref no. and ID no.

To: [email protected]
cc:

Subject: Medical forms

Please could you help me by telling me if you have received my medical forms yet please.

Ref no.
ICSE Request ID

Regards.

Just kept it short and they got back the same day.

Thank you very much. Also congratulations on your visa grant.

Last edited by angel17796; Jan 19th 2006 at 12:31 am. Reason: spelling
Old Jan 19th 2006, 1:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Cheers Claire. I will do that just now.

Well i emailed them half an hour ago and i got one back saying that my case officer should be my first point of call. I wonder if i have done the right thing by emailing them instead of the case officer??
Old Jan 19th 2006, 1:31 am
Suzy's Mummy too!

Well i emailed them half an hour ago and i got one back saying that my case officer should be my first point of call. I wonder if i have done the right thing by emailing them instead of the case officer??
eh? i didnt get a response like that!!
Old Jan 19th 2006, 1:33 am
Tiny Member

No stear clear of your CO until you really have to.
If you read the mail from LCU it should just be a standard mail saying something about contacting you within 48 hours and your first point of contact should be your CO.
Next mail you get will tell where they are with your meds.

I actually got 3 mails from them one saying about contacting my CO first.This was just the standard computer generated mail. 2nd mail was informing me of the opening times over christams and the new year. These 2 were bog standard replies computer generated. Thats why i didnt mention them.
3rd mail told me what i wanted. All 3 mails came the same day so give it a little more time.

Old Jan 19th 2006, 1:34 am
Suzy's Mummy too!

No stear clear of your CO until you really have to.
If you read the mail from LCU it should just be a standard mail saying something about contacting you within 48 hours and your first point of contact should be your CO.
Next mail you get will tell where they are with your meds.

I actually got 3 mails from them one saying about contacting my CO first.This was just the standard computer generated mail. 2nd mail was informing me of the opening times over christams and the new year. These 2 were bog standard replies computer generated. Thats why i didnt mention them.
3rd mail told me what i wanted. All 3 mails came the same day so give it a little more time.
??? I didn't get the standard email????

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.