Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Pre requisites for parents sponsorship-General Qz

Pre requisites for parents sponsorship-General Qz

Old May 4th 2011, 3:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

aliah is just really nicealiah is just really nicealiah is just really nicealiah is just really nicealiah is just really nicealiah is just really nicealiah is just really nicealiah is just really nice
Default Pre requisites for parents sponsorship-General Qz

HI all,

I have a few questions.Me and my brother are Australian PR holders now.We fulfill family balance requirements.(half of kids are Aus PR and remaining half are UK PR holders).Parents are alone in home country(Pakistan).My brother will complete his 2 years with PR status in coming October and i am just a new bee

1-Can my brother sponsor our parents after October 2011 while I shall not have lived for 2 years in Australia as PR?

2-Can they visit us on visit visa if their PR application is in progress?

3-Can my brother sponsor his spouse alongside this parent visa sponsorship application (i.e 2 sponsorships (spouse+parents) at the same time)???

Thanking in anticipation!
Old May 4th 2011, 4:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

DaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to all
Default Re: Pre requisites for parents sponsorship-General Qz

Originally Posted by aliah
HI all,

I have a few questions.Me and my brother are Australian PR holders now.We fulfill family balance requirements.(half of kids are Aus PR and remaining half are UK PR holders).Parents are alone in home country(Pakistan).My brother will complete his 2 years with PR status in coming October and i am just a new bee

1-Can my brother sponsor our parents after October 2011 while I shall not have lived for 2 years in Australia as PR?

2-Can they visit us on visit visa if their PR application is in progress?

3-Can my brother sponsor his spouse alongside this parent visa sponsorship application (i.e 2 sponsorships (spouse+parents) at the same time)???

Thanking in anticipation!
Hi

Yes your brother can sponsor your parents as long as he is settled in Australia. You also need to have taken up permanent residence.

Once they have applied for the parent visa, your parents will still be able to apply for a visitor visa and travel to Australia on this. Just note that they will need to be offshore when the visa is granted.

Not sure about this, but hopefully someone else can help re sponsoring three people at one time.