Practical test in Accrington

Old Feb 26th 2008, 6:40 pm
Forum Regular

Wal74 will become famous soon enoughWal74 will become famous soon enough
Default Practical test in Accrington

Hi

Does anybody know of cheap BB or hotels to stay over when the practicals tests are in April. I need to book o/h for a couple of nights.

Can anybody remember the name of the place where they took the practical in December in Accrington?

Thank you.
Old Feb 26th 2008, 8:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

camacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nice
Default Re: Practical test in Accrington

Originally Posted by Wal74
Hi

Does anybody know of cheap BB or hotels to stay over when the practicals tests are in April. I need to book o/h for a couple of nights.

Can anybody remember the name of the place where they took the practical in December in Accrington?

Thank you.
hi

oh stayed in a small guest house in accrington. think it was £30 a night including breakfast ( didn't get it first morning as owner slept in)
oh said it was ok but he didn't have his own bathroom, but it done the job for 2 nites and it was only 10 min walk to the college were the practical was.
it was called pilkington guest house, found it on the web.

might well be staying there in april to do it again

are you in for the carpenter prac?
Old Feb 27th 2008, 10:17 am
Forum Regular

CYGNET will become famous soon enoughCYGNET will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by camacazi
hi

oh stayed in a small guest house in accrington. think it was £30 a night including breakfast ( didn't get it first morning as owner slept in)
oh said it was ok but he didn't have his own bathroom, but it done the job for 2 nites and it was only 10 min walk to the college were the practical was.
it was called pilkington guest house, found it on the web.

might well be staying there in april to do it again

are you in for the carpenter prac?
We got letter yesterday to confirm that the date was the 9th April at 7.30am, for Carpentry test in Accrington. They said also that there will be further information about the test provided in march. I thought it was over 2 days.
We are not going to book any accomodation yet, just in case we need to stay 2 nights.
I wish they would give us all info in one go, now have to wait for yet another letter to arrive. :curse:
Old Feb 27th 2008, 11:11 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by CYGNET
We got letter yesterday to confirm that the date was the 9th April at 7.30am, for Carpentry test in Accrington. They said also that there will be further information about the test provided in march. I thought it was over 2 days.
We are not going to book any accomodation yet, just in case we need to stay 2 nights.
I wish they would give us all info in one go, now have to wait for yet another letter to arrive. :curse:
Further to earlier message , the test is at Rosedale College.
Old Feb 27th 2008, 11:18 am
Forum Regular

Wal74 will become famous soon enoughWal74 will become famous soon enough

Hi

We have also have received a letter to confirm that the date is the 10th April at 7.30am for Motor Mechanic in Accrington at the Accrington and Rossendale College.

Does that mean the test is one day?
Old Feb 27th 2008, 11:27 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Wal74
Hi

We have also have received a letter to confirm that the date is the 10th April at 7.30am for Motor Mechanic in Accrington at the Accrington and Rossendale College.

Does that mean the test is one day?
It must be ???, just spoken to another member by private message about carpentry test, his test is on the 11th April.

They have only done one lots of tests so far i.e in December, maybe they have decided that they only need one day & I suppose may also depend on the number of applicants being tested.

I guess we will have to wait & see.
Old Feb 27th 2008, 1:07 pm
Forum Regular

suzukipaul will become famous soon enoughsuzukipaul will become famous soon enough

Hi,
We also had a letter yesterday, my OH has his Carpentry practical on the 9th April at 7.30am also at Accrington, so they may have well changed it to a one day session.
Good Luck Everyone!!!
Cathy & Paul
Old Feb 27th 2008, 5:16 pm
Forum Regular

lazylou123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

O/H received his letter this morning for the motor mechanic (HGV) practical on the 10th April, I was wondering the same thing if it was only for one day. I have managed to find a travel lodge about 10mins away in car that I will book, but need to know for how many nights.

Good Luck to all those that are taking the practicals in April and who knows you may meet my O/H there on the 10th

Louisa
Old Feb 28th 2008, 2:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

camacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nice

Originally Posted by suzukipaul
Hi,
We also had a letter yesterday, my OH has his Carpentry practical on the 9th April at 7.30am also at Accrington, so they may have well changed it to a one day session.
Good Luck Everyone!!!
Cathy & Paul
hi all

got email from agent this morning just to confirm from vetassess that oh date for carpenter practical is 8th april.
i wonder why theres a few different dates?
Old Feb 28th 2008, 3:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

lyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant future

hi all

got email from agent this morning just to confirm from vetassess that oh date for carpenter practical is 8th april.
thats great good luck this time.

we just paid agent (so now it starts) may spur us slow people on a bit as not got paper one done yet

cheryl
Old Feb 28th 2008, 3:20 pm
Forum Regular

hi all

I know I'm sure we'll find out soon enough

Good Luck to everyone
Old Feb 28th 2008, 4:59 pm
Forum Regular

suzukipaul will become famous soon enoughsuzukipaul will become famous soon enough

hi all

Hi Caroline,
From looking at all the messages and the different dates I'm guessing that the practical test is only going to be over 1 day. Which I'm sure all our OH's will be pleased about!!
Cathy
Old Mar 4th 2008, 9:18 pm
Just Joined

trumpy28 is an unknown quantity at this point

ive got my date for practical carpentry test on the 9th april in accrington. coming from plymouth if anyone wants to car share. has anyone got any idea what the test involves? anything i need to gen up on?
Old Mar 5th 2008, 6:09 am
Forum Regular

lazylou123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

I contacted vetassess to find out how long the motor mechanic test would be over so I could book accomodation if over 2 days. they replied that the practical will be over 1 day and to set aside approximately 10 hours for the assessment to be completed.

Louisa
Old Mar 11th 2008, 10:48 am
Just Joined

vickylea will become famous soon enough

Hi there my OH is a mechanic and we would like to get his skills assessed, but a little worried that it may run out of validity before we get the visa as we are probably going to do it over two years.

When you get your skills assesed how long is it valid for?
Kind Regards
Vicky x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.