Pr visas in expired passport

Old Jun 6th 2011, 8:15 pm
Forum Regular

barnsleylass is just really nicebarnsleylass is just really nicebarnsleylass is just really nicebarnsleylass is just really nicebarnsleylass is just really nicebarnsleylass is just really nicebarnsleylass is just really nicebarnsleylass is just really nice
Default Childs passport expired with visa still active - what do we do?

Hi,

Has anyone else experienced this? Our daughters passport has now expired but our PR visas are valid for another 2.5 years. How do we get the visa transferred to her new passport? Any idea of costs involved?

Many thanks

Sally
Old Jun 6th 2011, 10:01 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Childs passport expired with visa still active - what do we do?

Originally Posted by barnsleylass
Hi,

Has anyone else experienced this? Our daughters passport has now expired but our PR visas are valid for another 2.5 years. How do we get the visa transferred to her new passport? Any idea of costs involved?

Many thanks

Sally
Doesn't cost anything. Take both passports to the nearest DIAC office and they will put a label in the new one
Old Jun 7th 2011, 2:02 am
Forum Regular

Janaka is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Childs passport expired with visa still active - what do we do?

Originally Posted by barnsleylass
Hi,

Many thanks

Sally
Once you get the new passport go to nearest immigration office give both passports. They will paste a new visa label on new passport.
Old Jun 12th 2011, 10:57 pm
Just Joined

Iguazu Rocks is just really niceIguazu Rocks is just really niceIguazu Rocks is just really niceIguazu Rocks is just really niceIguazu Rocks is just really niceIguazu Rocks is just really niceIguazu Rocks is just really niceIguazu Rocks is just really nice
Default Pr visas in expired passport

Hi
We need to make an unplanned trip back to the Uk immediately.My kids Uk passports have expired so we got new Uk passports for them(we are not Aussie citizens yet).
Their pr visas are in the old passports and I wondered whether they can bring their old passports with us to use their visas in them .
Old Jun 13th 2011, 3:19 am
BE Forum Addict

spottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Pr visas in expired passport

You can definitely so that, otherwise nip to your local DIAC office with the old and new passports and they will put the visa in the new passport so you only need to carry the new one when travelling
Old Jun 13th 2011, 3:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

brian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nice
Default Uk passport expires 2012 has my australian visa label inside

I hope to have moved to australia by august of next year,i see that my passport expires nov 2012 which is a bit away yet,but ideally would like to renew my passport before going,i have my pr visa in my current passport which expires as said august 2013, and passport as mentioned expires 2012,i wonder what happens to the visa if i renew this passport next year,how do i get my visa in the new passport,what do i need to do or what do i need to get find out etc,would be great to know about this as its something i will need to renew before i make my move.Will that put another visa label inside my passport?
Old Jun 13th 2011, 5:09 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Uk passport expires 2012 has my australian visa label inside

Originally Posted by brian.w
I hope to have moved to australia by august of next year,i see that my passport expires nov 2012 which is a bit away yet,but ideally would like to renew my passport before going,i have my pr visa in my current passport which expires as said august 2013, and passport as mentioned expires 2012,i wonder what happens to the visa if i renew this passport next year,how do i get my visa in the new passport,what do i need to do or what do i need to get find out etc,would be great to know about this as its something i will need to renew before i make my move.Will that put another visa label inside my passport?
You either send both passports to Australia House to get a new label put in the new passport, or you travel to Aus with the label in the old one, then take both to a DIAC office when you get here and they will put a label in the new one for you.
Old Jun 13th 2011, 6:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

brian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nice

Originally Posted by Pollyana
You either send both passports to Australia House to get a new label put in the new passport, or you travel to Aus with the label in the old one, then take both to a DIAC office when you get here and they will put a label in the new one for you.
thanks for that so say i do it here in the uk any idea where i find the info for this,apply or get info on what to so as i might get this done before the passport expires next year
Old Jun 14th 2011, 8:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Babsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud of

Can i jump on your thread,please? We live in Aus, Brisbane to be precise and I have just had to renew my son's passport and am wondering where to go to get the visa put back in.It says on the passport info to go to immi.com but all their forms apply to pre visa grants and I'm feeling a bit confused.
Old Jun 14th 2011, 8:56 am
BE Forum Addict

ozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Babsw
Can i jump on your thread,please? We live in Aus, Brisbane to be precise and I have just had to renew my son's passport and am wondering where to go to get the visa put back in.It says on the passport info to go to immi.com but all their forms apply to pre visa grants and I'm feeling a bit confused.
As per Pollyana's post above: Go to your local DIAC office (look in the phone book for the address - Department of Immigration and Citizenship).
Old Jun 14th 2011, 10:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Babsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud of

cheers
Old Jun 14th 2011, 7:27 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by Babsw
cheers
And there's no need for a form - for a change! (woohooo!!)
Old Jun 15th 2011, 12:10 pm
Just Joined

MAK2010 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Assistance required regarding Visa label on new passport

I am a permanent resident of Australia. I have my immigration in 2010 and lived there for several months on VISA Subclass 175.I am currently in Pakistan(my home country) on my vacation. My passport was having less than 6 months to get expired so i applied for new passport and get one over here yesterday. Now i want to travel back to Australia on my new passport (since I can’t travel on my old passport as it has less than 6 months to expire). But my visa label is on old passport.

Now my questions are

Q1- should i need to have visa stamp/label on my new passport too or it is sufficient to have it on my old passport and i carry(stick) both of them along with me while traveling?

Q2-If I need to have stamp/label on my new passport too then, what will be the procedure to get it? Is it same like the one which we usually do for the first time in which we send our passport along with the DIAC 175 Visa grant letter to Australian embassy in Pakistan and they stamp/label our passport with visa.

Q3-Should i need to inform DIAC about my new passport with new passport number before traveling? If yes what is the procedure to do so?

Any urgent assistance in this regard will be highly appreciated

Last edited by MAK2010; Jun 15th 2011 at 12:14 pm.
Old Jun 16th 2011, 5:04 am
Forum Regular

maverick2050 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Assistance required regarding Visa label on new passport

Originally Posted by MAK2010
I am a permanent resident of Australia. I have my immigration in 2010 and lived there for several months on VISA Subclass 175.I am currently in Pakistan(my home country) on my vacation. My passport was having less than 6 months to get expired so i applied for new passport and get one over here yesterday. Now i want to travel back to Australia on my new passport (since I can’t travel on my old passport as it has less than 6 months to expire). But my visa label is on old passport.

Now my questions are

Q1- should i need to have visa stamp/label on my new passport too or it is sufficient to have it on my old passport and i carry(stick) both of them along with me while traveling?

Q2-If I need to have stamp/label on my new passport too then, what will be the procedure to get it? Is it same like the one which we usually do for the first time in which we send our passport along with the DIAC 175 Visa grant letter to Australian embassy in Pakistan and they stamp/label our passport with visa.

Q3-Should i need to inform DIAC about my new passport with new passport number before traveling? If yes what is the procedure to do so?

Any urgent assistance in this regard will be highly appreciated
Just carry both your passports when you travel to Australia.Once you arrive in Australia, visit the DIAC office, and they'll transfer the visa label to your new passport.
Old Jun 16th 2011, 6:27 am
Home and Happy

Default Re: Pr visas in expired passport

Multiple threads merged as they are all asking the same question