PR visas

Old Jun 17th 2006, 10:50 am
Forum Regular

Andy & Carla has much to be proud ofAndy & Carla has much to be proud ofAndy & Carla has much to be proud ofAndy & Carla has much to be proud ofAndy & Carla has much to be proud ofAndy & Carla has much to be proud ofAndy & Carla has much to be proud ofAndy & Carla has much to be proud ofAndy & Carla has much to be proud ofAndy & Carla has much to be proud ofAndy & Carla has much to be proud of
Default PR visas

Hi

Still reeling from the shock of my aunt refusing to sponsor us! But at least am able to look at other options...

Can anyone tell me if the RSMS visas give PR?

I know that it says the visa would be cancelled if the employee doesn't do 2 years. Would that be the case if the employee became pregnant?

Really appreciate any help on this. I don't know if others are the same, but I'm having a hard time not letting this fill my every waking (and sometimes sleeping) hour!

Thanks, Carla x
Old Jun 17th 2006, 12:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PR visas

Originally Posted by Andy & Carla
Hi

Still reeling from the shock of my aunt refusing to sponsor us! But at least am able to look at other options...

I know that it says the visa would be cancelled if the employee doesn't do 2 years. Would that be the case if the employee became pregnant?

Really appreciate any help on this. I don't know if others are the same, but I'm having a hard time not letting this fill my every waking (and sometimes sleeping) hour!

Thanks, Carla x

Hi

Yes the RSMS is permanent. I have no idea what implications pregnacy would have on it though.
Old Jun 17th 2006, 12:19 pm
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Andy & Carla
Hi

Thanks, Carla x
Hi Carla,

Pregnancy during your RSMS period would possibly be a complex issue - the major question might be what sort of maternity leave entitlements you had under your contract of employment - however DIMA would most likely be reluctant to cancel if you went back to your employer after the maternity. I'd suggest you address this when and if you find an RSMS sponsor, not worth researching for a hypothetical situation.

Cheers,

George Lombard

www.austimmigration.com.au
Old Jun 17th 2006, 10:13 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by George Lombard
Hi Carla,

Pregnancy during your RSMS period would possibly be a complex issue - the major question might be what sort of maternity leave entitlements you had under your contract of employment - however DIMA would most likely be reluctant to cancel if you went back to your employer after the maternity. I'd suggest you address this when and if you find an RSMS sponsor, not worth researching for a hypothetical situation.
The RSMS rules are that you make a "genuine effort" to complete 2 years with your employer. I couldn't see maternity leave being an issue provided it was not excessive and you returned to your employer afterwards (or if the employer made you redundant)

It's also worth noting that the Australia born child of an RSMS visa holder would be an Australian citizen automatically, DIMA would normally be more reluctant to cancel parent's visa if an Australian child would be affected.