PR for Aussi Kid’s parents

Old Jul 30th 2014, 12:01 am
Forum Regular

f4fred is on a distinguished road
Default PR for Aussi Kid’s parents

Hi BE Mates,

I am coming up with an interesting question. Please have a look at my signature as a backgrounder. I am doing well here and got suitable job within 3 months of my arrival in Australia. All is good. However, due to unavoidable circumstance back home, I have planned to leave Australia by the end of this year and may not returning back any time soon. This way, by the end of this year, I would have accumulated almost 365 days of residence that is not sufficient to maintain PR as the requirement is 730 days in 5 years.

I have two kids (I have no plan for more kids), one is Australian citizen while the other is PR. The only hope I see my Australian kid who was born in March this year. I think, as parents, me and my wife could pass the family balance test, once our PR expires and we want to come back to Australia.

Please comment and advise.

Best regards,
Fred. F.
Old Jul 30th 2014, 12:33 am
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PR for Aussi Kid’s parents

Are your children staying back in Oz?

Or are they returning with you?

If the one with PR leaves and loses PR then you would not later pass the balance test.

You can try a RRV as they can be lenient on occasion, so that would be the first thing. If that was rejected and you did pass the balance test, then it would be a contributory parent visa as only option. Expensive.
Old Jul 30th 2014, 12:40 am
Forum Regular

f4fred is on a distinguished road

Kids are returning with me. So one would lose the PR while the other remains the Citizen.
Old Jul 30th 2014, 1:38 am
BE Enthusiast

TeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond repute

You might look at the other RRV options, there are currently 1 and 3 month options for people unable to meet the 2 of the last 5 year requirement.

Remember regulations change so what is available now may not be later.

To meet the balance of the family test, the qualifying child (children) must be 'usually resident' and 'settled' in Australia, this would not be the case if they left Australia. Unless you are over 65 years of age you would need to apply for a contributory parent visa offshore.