Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Is it possible to send medical checks unrequested?

Is it possible to send medical checks unrequested?

Old Sep 15th 2004, 10:27 am
Forum Regular

NKKK is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Is it possible to send medical checks unrequested?

I think I read somewhere (probably aystimeline.com) some people sent their medicals unrequested.
As far as I am concerned after lodging the application, they send a form from AU and one needs to take this form to the specitifed hospital and get the medicals and xrays done..

So is it possible to get these medical checks done without the form?
Old Sep 15th 2004, 10:46 am
KRSC Member

TOADFISH is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Is it possible to send medical checks unrequested?

Originally Posted by NKKK
I think I read somewhere (probably aystimeline.com) some people sent their medicals unrequested.
As far as I am concerned after lodging the application, they send a form from AU and one needs to take this form to the specitifed hospital and get the medicals and xrays done..

We frontloaded our meds, our agent sent us the form, if you are doing it on your own, i dont know the procedure.
Old Sep 15th 2004, 10:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Stewie is a jewel in the roughStewie is a jewel in the roughStewie is a jewel in the roughStewie is a jewel in the rough

It's certainly not possible to have the meds and x-ray without the appropriate form.
You need Form 26 for the medical and Form 160 for the x-ray for each person applying, over the age of 10.
The medicals and x-ray have to be carried out by panel doctors approved by the Australian Government.
Bear in mind that the meds and x-ray are only valid for 12 months. If you do these before they are requested there is a possibility that they will expire before you receive your visa.
Old Sep 15th 2004, 11:25 am
Forum Regular

NKKK is an unknown quantity at this point

So would that work if I download the Form 26 and form 160 and take it to the panel doctors in my country approved by AU. then would they give me the results to lodge it with my applications?

I ve just checked the forms it says "for use in Australia only". "This form is not use OFFSHORE"...So I believe that I can't use it in my country..

TOADFISH do you remember the name of the forms you filled?
Old Sep 15th 2004, 11:43 am
Forum Regular

PhilShila will become famous soon enoughPhilShila will become famous soon enough

I believe that this has been asked before and the answer was that you can get the forms from your local Australian Embassy / High Commission.

Phil
Old Sep 15th 2004, 12:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stewie is a jewel in the roughStewie is a jewel in the roughStewie is a jewel in the roughStewie is a jewel in the rough

I ve just checked the forms it says "for use in Australia only". "This form is not use OFFSHORE"...So I believe that I can't use it in my country..

NKKK
These are the forms that I used, sent by DIMIA and I live in the UK.
Old Sep 15th 2004, 2:10 pm
Forum Regular

Stef :) is an unknown quantity at this point

We had our X rays and Medicals done unrequested. Our local 'panel doctor' had spare copies of the relevant forms.
Stef
Old Sep 15th 2004, 4:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ushas will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Stef :)

We had our X rays and Medicals done unrequested. Our local 'panel doctor' had spare copies of the relevant forms.
Stef
The fact of the matter is that you are told NOT to go for medicals until requested by DIMIA... unless you are applying for partner migration then you may front load your application.

If you go to the DIMIA London website and click on medical info bit it will give you an email address to contact and whayt info to include. However if you go ahead and do the meds unrequested you may find they expire before your visa is granted and you'll have to pay to do it all over again!
Old Sep 15th 2004, 6:03 pm
Forum Regular

kulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by PhilShila
I believe that this has been asked before and the answer was that you can get the forms from your local Australian Embassy / High Commission.

Phil
Correct. We got ours sent from the Australian High Commission in London and sent our medicals unrequested.
Old Sep 15th 2004, 6:17 pm
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kulu
Correct. We got ours sent from the Australian High Commission in London and sent our medicals unrequested.
Can't believe there's so much confusion. I'm sure this is in the FAQs, but here goes again...

You can do a medical for Australian visa purposes whenever you want. In the case of spouse visas these days you're encouraged to "front-end load" and submit the medical with your application; police clearances can also be front-end loaded. In the case of other visas which typically take longer to process, doing medicals beforehand is a gamble, as they might expire after 12 months (or six months if you have a minor medical problem), and this might make you do the medicals again, or unreasonably limit your options with respect to your first entry date, which is normally determined by the expiry date of the medical and police clearances.

To do a medical outside of Australia you need the printed versions of forms 26 and 160. These can conveniently be obtained from the Australian High Commission in London through email. Details of the email address and the panel doctors in the UK who are approved to undertake medicals are all here: http://www.australia.org.uk/vti/HTML/medical.html .

Clear?

Cheers,

George Lombard

www.austimmigration.com.au
Old Sep 15th 2004, 8:04 pm
Forum Regular

shillo is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: Is it possible to send medical checks unrequested?

Originally Posted by George Lombard
Can't believe there's so much confusion. I'm sure this is in the FAQs, but here goes again...

You can do a medical for Australian visa purposes whenever you want. In the case of spouse visas these days you're encouraged to "front-end load" and submit the medical with your application; police clearances can also be front-end loaded. In the case of other visas which typically take longer to process, doing medicals beforehand is a gamble, as they might expire after 12 months (or six months if you have a minor medical problem), and this might make you do the medicals again, or unreasonably limit your options with respect to your first entry date, which is normally determined by the expiry date of the medical and police clearances.

To do a medical outside of Australia you need the printed versions of forms 26 and 160. These can conveniently be obtained from the Australian High Commission in London through email. Details of the email address and the panel doctors in the UK who are approved to undertake medicals are all here: http://www.australia.org.uk/vti/HTML/medical.html .

Clear?

Cheers,

George Lombard

www.austimmigration.com.au
Thanks George

Top Man !!
Shillo
Old Sep 16th 2004, 2:10 am
Meryl

On Wed, 15 Sep 2004 18:17:57 +0000, George Lombard
<member8124@british_expats.com> wrote:

>> Correct. We got ours sent from the Australian High Commission in
    >> London and sent our medicals unrequested.
    >Can't believe there's so much confusion. I'm sure this is in the FAQs,
    >but here goes again...
    >You can do a medical for Australian visa purposes whenever you want. In
    >the case of spouse visas these days you're encouraged to "front-end
    >load" and submit the medical with your application; police clearances
    >can also be front-end loaded. In the case of other visas which
    >typically take longer to process, doing medicals beforehand is a gamble,
    >as they might expire after 12 months (or six months if you have a minor
    >medical problem), and this might make you do the medicals again, or
    >unreasonably limit your options with respect to your first entry date,
    >which is normally determined by the expiry date of the medical and
    >police clearances.
    >To do a medical outside of Australia you need the printed versions of
    >forms 26 and 160. These can conveniently be obtained from the
    >Australian High Commission in London through email. Details of the
    >email address and the panel doctors in the UK who are approved to
    >undertake medicals are all here:
    >http://www.australia.org.uk/vti/HTML/medical.html .
    >Clear?
    >Cheers,
    >George Lombard
    >www.austimmigration.com.au

However,
If applying for a Prospective Spouse visa via the consulate in
Washington wait for them to be sent after applying for visa. This will
take weeks and can still be problematic, if the consulate
inadvertently has not given a file # and suspects the forms were
obtained prior to their receipt of application and posting of forms.
This info is as of last week.
Meryl