Positive NOOSR Assessment

Old Sep 14th 2004, 12:21 am
BE Enthusiast

chr1sarter has a spectacular aura aboutchr1sarter has a spectacular aura aboutchr1sarter has a spectacular aura about
Smile Positive NOOSR Assessment

Just wanted to let everybody know, we final got our positive NOOSR assessment back this morning. For those that don't know the NOOSR assessment is much like the TRA, but for teachers. The agent has supplied us now with the visa paper work to fill in, and asking us to supply proof of the $100K for the extra 5 points needed.
My wife is now starting to feel a little concerned that things are progressing now, and that we could be leaving soon. She is a only child, and we will be taken away their only grandchildren. Its going to be very hard for her and the kids. She knows it would be a better life for all of us in Aus, but its never easy changing your life and moving the other side of the world.
Thanks for everybody's help on this forum. Its certainly helped me understand many problems and questions i have had.
Old Sep 14th 2004, 3:16 am
Forum Regular

moomin has a spectacular aura aboutmoomin has a spectacular aura aboutmoomin has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Positive NOOSR Assessment

congratulations!!!!

onto the next hurdle now eh : )

know what you are saying about family, never easy is it?! at least there are lots of other people in the same boat to send you good karma and empathise : )

all the best
Old Sep 14th 2004, 4:17 am
BE Enthusiast

chr1sarter has a spectacular aura aboutchr1sarter has a spectacular aura aboutchr1sarter has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by moomin
congratulations!!!!

onto the next hurdle now eh : )

know what you are saying about family, never easy is it?! at least there are lots of other people in the same boat to send you good karma and empathise : )

all the best
Thanks. I need all the Karma i can get. Going home to work on visa application, and have the heart to heart with my wife again. I just want to make sure she is 100% behind this journey, and not just going ahead because she feels i want this.
Old Sep 14th 2004, 4:46 am
kg
Forum Regular

kg is on a distinguished road

Congratulations!!! and welcome to another teacher! There are only a few of us about! What subject do you teach? or are you Primary?
Old Sep 14th 2004, 5:35 am
BE Forum Addict

SuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really nice

Well done mate, join the NOOSR club.
SS
Old Sep 14th 2004, 9:33 am
Forum Regular

Robinson Family is on a distinguished road

Well done!
I am also a teacher but my hubbie is the main applicant because I work part time and do not meet the 20 hour requirement.
However this has worked out better for us because he got a positive TRA assessment last Saturday and his skills are on the MODL.
I know how your wife is feeling it is a big thing and being certain it will work is worrying when Life is going smoothly here. If things don't work out you can always come back. We have never been to Oz but we will not know if we like it unless we try. If the opportunity is there take it.
There will always be a need for UK teachers if it doesn't work out, but think of the experience of teaching elsewhere and the life you could have.
Good luck, give her a lot of support and talk things through it works wonders.
Andrea

Originally Posted by chr1sarter
Just wanted to let everybody know, we final got our positive NOOSR assessment back this morning. For those that don't know the NOOSR assessment is much like the TRA, but for teachers. The agent has supplied us now with the visa paper work to fill in, and asking us to supply proof of the $100K for the extra 5 points needed.
My wife is now starting to feel a little concerned that things are progressing now, and that we could be leaving soon. She is a only child, and we will be taken away their only grandchildren. Its going to be very hard for her and the kids. She knows it would be a better life for all of us in Aus, but its never easy changing your life and moving the other side of the world.
Thanks for everybody's help on this forum. Its certainly helped me understand many problems and questions i have had.
Old Sep 14th 2004, 9:44 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Different people deal with this in different ways.

Some people have the grandparents out to stay for a few months each year (often so they can escape the worst of the UK winter).

Another option once you're in Australia a few years might be to look at the Contributory Parent visa.

Jeremy
Old Sep 14th 2004, 8:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JAJ
Different people deal with this in different ways.

Some people have the grandparents out to stay for a few months each year (often so they can escape the worst of the UK winter).

Another option once you're in Australia a few years might be to look at the Contributory Parent visa.

Jeremy
Thanks for all you reply's on this subject. Myself and the wife ave not been to Aus either, but we know through my Parents and Brothers who now all live there, that its a great place. We will certainly talk with her parents about joining us when we settle down, but i don' t think they would come. Very old fashioned.
Old Sep 14th 2004, 8:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

KenJan333 will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up Re: Positive NOOSR Assessment

Hi

Congratulations on your positive assessment!!!!!!!!!!!!

One point though, NOOSR time scales are alot quicker than TRA (under 2 months, not bad eh!). Well done.

It will be hard moving away, especially for your wife. But I'm sure once you guys get there it will be Fab.

I will send you some Karma.

Good Luck

Jan
Old Sep 15th 2004, 9:23 am
Forum Regular

akalee is an unknown quantity at this point

Well done, we have just applied stni vic (girlfriend is secondary school teacher), done the smu form, know gotta do the VIT form for assessment. If any teachers have any advice/experience of this process we would be most grateful as we are not using an agent.
Old Sep 16th 2004, 5:02 am
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by SuperSeagulls
Well done mate, join the NOOSR club.
SS
Hey SS,
How you doing mate, long time no see. I just checked out your timeline and it looks great. We are now behind you as we have been having a few probs with Andrew's ex wife. Hopefully all is sorted out now, or at least it will be after yet another trip to solicitor. Hope you are well.
Sarah.

chr1sarter,
Great news on NOOSR, nice to know the first hurdle has beed crossed eh!
Sarah