Police clearance and DIMIA cut-off date???

Old Aug 16th 2004, 11:28 am
Post-July guinea pig

CRAZYboutOZ is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Police clearance and DIMIA cut-off date???

Hello everyone, I haven't been browsing this forum for a while but I need advice real urgent.

We are still waiting for our police clearance and our cut-off date for response to the DIMIA is 1 September. What should we do? We have 2 weeks left to submit the police clearance along with the other documents required. Can we simply write an e-mail directly to our case officer requesting extention?

We are very worried that we won't get the PCC's in time before the cut-off date and that they might deny us the visas.
Old Aug 16th 2004, 11:39 am
Forum Regular

nfernand is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Re: Police clearance and DIMIA cut-off date???

Originally Posted by CRAZYboutOZ
Hello everyone, I haven't been browsing this forum for a while but I need advice real urgent.

We are still waiting for our police clearance and our cut-off date for response to the DIMIA is 1 September. What should we do? We have 2 weeks left to submit the police clearance along with the other documents required. Can we simply write an e-mail directly to our case officer requesting extention?

We are very worried that we won't get the PCC's in time before the cut-off date and that they might deny us the visas.
I had the same issue and wrote an email and she extended the dead line by 30 days.
Old Aug 16th 2004, 2:00 pm
Banned

Location: Manchester-Sydney August 07 and maybe Brisbane or Melbourne 08
alkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Police clearance and DIMIA cut-off date???

i have trawled through other threads recently that say that you can extend it by 40 days and someone at my agents confirmed this, please tell me if you find it is 30 or 40 please.

thanks

alk
Old Aug 18th 2004, 5:35 am
Post-July guinea pig

Originally Posted by alkristensen
i have trawled through other threads recently that say that you can extend it by 40 days and someone at my agents confirmed this, please tell me if you find it is 30 or 40 please.

thanks

alk
Thanks for the advice. I e-mailed my case officer explaining the situation briefly, asking for extention and quoting the file number in the subject line and I have been waiting 2 days... no reply????

I know that we are not supposed to bug them with every little thing but we have 13 days left to submit the police clearance which we are still waiting for. On the acknowledgement letter it clearly warns that if all the information is not received by the 1st of September, our case will be processed with the 'information that is already availiable'. I don't even want to think what will happen then...

Why don't our case officer reply? Is she on holiday? Is no one checking her mailbox? I think we have a sound reason for asking extention and it is not a matter of us postponing anything. We will be leaving for Melbourne withing 3 months of receiving the visas. What should I do?
Old Aug 18th 2004, 10:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Manchester UK to Sydney, then decided Gold Coast, stayed there for 8 months and now back in sydney
threlly is on a distinguished road

Hi CRAZYboutOZ, how long does DIMIA actually give u to send back the info they request? as i am with an agent who as given me 8 weeks to get the info to him.

i also know how u feel, i am in the same boat as you. my medicals have been sent off, i have my police check from OZ (which by the way only took 14 days) and now i am just waiting for the uk police check. it is really annoying. if it doesnt arrive by monday morning i am going to call the police and ask them for help. i am not in such a panic as you as i dont have to get my papers back to my agent until sept ember 3rd, he then posts them on to case officer. but i have read on this forum that u can get your deadline extended but i dont want to do that. let us know how u get on.
cheers and good luck

Thanks for the advice. I e-mailed my case officer explaining the situation briefly, asking for extention and quoting the file number in the subject line and I have been waiting 2 days... no reply????

I know that we are not supposed to bug them with every little thing but we have 13 days left to submit the police clearance which we are still waiting for. On the acknowledgement letter it clearly warns that if all the information is not received by the 1st of September, our case will be processed with the 'information that is already availiable'. I don't even want to think what will happen then...

Why don't our case officer reply? Is she on holiday? Is no one checking her mailbox? I think we have a sound reason for asking extention and it is not a matter of us postponing anything. We will be leaving for Melbourne withing 3 months of receiving the visas. What should I do?

Last edited by threlly; Aug 18th 2004 at 10:45 am.
Old Aug 18th 2004, 10:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Manchester UK to Sydney, then decided Gold Coast, stayed there for 8 months and now back in sydney
threlly is on a distinguished road

Hi again CRAZYboutOZ,
please ignore my last post as i have just checked my post and my uk police check has arrived. hope u get yours soon and i hope your case officer replies to extend your deadline if needds be.
good luck and let us know when it arrives.
cheers

Old Aug 18th 2004, 11:11 am
Post-July guinea pig

Thanks, threlly. Glad to hear you got your police checks back! Now you can submit them all and the ball will be back in their court, in your case.

We were given untill 1 September to submit requested documentation and I remember seeing that SS and the other users have been given more time to provide meds, PCC and whatever. The police said that the PCC's will take 28 days. We are on day 24 now but time is running out and I am very anxious about our case officer not replying.

Thanks for your kind words.
Old Aug 18th 2004, 11:19 am
BE Forum Addict

SuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really nice

Crazy…

…Hang in there mate. But it could be a good idea to phone New Scotland Yard now and ask how your application is being processed. At least you will know one way or another, and they will tell you immediately I should imagine…it’d put your mind at rest.

SS
Old Aug 18th 2004, 7:47 pm
Forum Regular

Tincx has a brilliant futureTincx has a brilliant futureTincx has a brilliant futureTincx has a brilliant futureTincx has a brilliant futureTincx has a brilliant futureTincx has a brilliant future

Thanks, threlly. Glad to hear you got your police checks back! Now you can submit them all and the ball will be back in their court, in your case.

We were given untill 1 September to submit requested documentation and I remember seeing that SS and the other users have been given more time to provide meds, PCC and whatever. The police said that the PCC's will take 28 days. We are on day 24 now but time is running out and I am very anxious about our case officer not replying.

Thanks for your kind words.
Hi CrazyboutOz

I am sure your CO will give you extra time, i am a bit suprised by the Sept 1st deadline though. You should have 70 days from the date on the request letter. If the letter was dated 7th July (the earliest you could of received the meds/pcc request for a post july applicant) then you should be required to reply before 15th September. I thought the response time was the same for all applicants on the same visa/processing region.

What does the timeframe of response say on your letter?
Is your letter dated 17th July?

Cheers Tincx

Last edited by Tincx; Aug 18th 2004 at 8:05 pm.
Old Aug 18th 2004, 8:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

SuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really nice

Tincx...can you add your timeline to your signature mate? It sounds liek a few of us are in exactly the same boat, and that you know what you're talking about etc.

Cheers

SS
Old Aug 18th 2004, 9:26 pm
Forum Regular

Tincx has a brilliant futureTincx has a brilliant futureTincx has a brilliant futureTincx has a brilliant futureTincx has a brilliant futureTincx has a brilliant futureTincx has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by SuperSeagulls
Tincx...can you add your timeline to your signature mate? It sounds liek a few of us are in exactly the same boat, and that you know what you're talking about etc.

Cheers

SS
Double S

No probs.

Here it is....
Old Aug 18th 2004, 10:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Cheers mate.

Jana1 sent everything back at the same time you had and got her bond request last week...you should be close. Good luck.

Double S
SS
Old Aug 19th 2004, 3:29 am

Prince1975 is a jewel in the roughPrince1975 is a jewel in the roughPrince1975 is a jewel in the roughPrince1975 is a jewel in the roughPrince1975 is a jewel in the rough

Hi,

My deadline finishes by today. My Malaysian PCC is yet to be obtained (can get only by sept 10) . I have send an email to CO stating that my Mal pcc would be late. But unfortunately I didn't recieved any mail from him so far. I am going to send another mail by today. God only knows.....hoping for the best

Last edited by Prince1975; Aug 19th 2004 at 4:08 am.
Old Aug 19th 2004, 6:15 am
Post-July guinea pig

Originally Posted by Prince1975
Hi,

My deadline finishes by today. My Malaysian PCC is yet to be obtained (can get only by sept 10) . I have send an email to CO stating that my Mal pcc would be late. But unfortunately I didn't recieved any mail from him so far. I am going to send another mail by today. God only knows.....hoping for the best
Oh my goodness, Prince1975! It might not have any serious repercussions for you because you were granted STNI.

Why don't the case officers reply to our email? I will try to phone them today but I have a hectic schedule and I can't do it at work and it will have to be early in the morning. Mayby I should send another email. I am at wits end!
Old Aug 19th 2004, 7:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Crazy...phone New Scotland Yard.

SS

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.