police clearance certificate? How?

Old Sep 14th 2003, 7:24 am
Just Joined

fruitball is an unknown quantity at this point
Default police clearance certificate? How?

Hello all

I am just getting everything together to apply for PR in Australia. I need to get a police clearance certificate, but the form I have been sent from the Surrey Police says
"Data Protection Act 1998"
and under Evidence of Character it states
"To exercise your rights under the subject access provisions of the Data Protection Act (1998) will NOT provide you with a "Certificate of Good Conduct" or "Police Clearance Certificate"

The police said that this is the form they always send out....is this correct? I don't want to waste 40 days waiting for the wrong info.

How did you guys get a police clearance certificate?

Good luck to you all
Old Sep 14th 2003, 8:14 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Its not technically a Police Clearance Certificate, but it will be the form that you need for the visa.

Have a look at

http://www.surrey.police.uk/DP_Access_Form.pdf

if thats the form you've got, then you have the right one!

Good luck