police checks and xrays

Old Nov 2nd 2007, 6:25 am
Forum Regular

pegzyisdeed is an unknown quantity at this point
Default police checks and xrays

Hi again I'm in need of some advice. I've been in oz for over 2 years now and havent left, i'm currently on a 457 visa and for this one of the conditions was to get a x-ray and a police check from the u.k.

I've now applied for Skilled Migration and need to submit these documents again, .. or do I ? My employer has told me they dont keep these documents on file and they cant provide them to me. Because I've not left the country will I need to submit a new police check and chest x-ray or could I just inform Immigration that these were done previously..

Help
Old Nov 2nd 2007, 9:04 am
Whey hey got my Visa

allankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to all
Default Re: police checks and xrays

Originally Posted by pegzyisdeed
Hi again I'm in need of some advice. I've been in oz for over 2 years now and havent left, i'm currently on a 457 visa and for this one of the conditions was to get a x-ray and a police check from the u.k.

I've now applied for Skilled Migration and need to submit these documents again, .. or do I ? My employer has told me they dont keep these documents on file and they cant provide them to me. Because I've not left the country will I need to submit a new police check and chest x-ray or could I just inform Immigration that these were done previously..

Help
As PCC's and Medicals are only valid for 12 months I'd imagine you'd have to have them done again

Allan
Old Nov 2nd 2007, 5:25 pm
Happily living in Tsv,Qld

Simon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to allSimon.and.Kate is a name known to all

Yep, as Alan says - medicals and police checks from the UK are only valid for 1 year...

Also, I think that because you've spent more than 356 days in Aus, you'll have to have an Australian police check.

A friend of mine moved to Perth at the beginning of the year on a temp' working visa, and started applying for a PR visa when he arrived.

He found out the other day that if he was still in Aus on the 10th November he would have to have an Australian Police check carried out. This is because the total number of days spent in Australia would exceed 1 year (this includes time from previous travel/visits). After decussions with his CO, they decided the best thing he could do is leave the country asap, and his visa will be granted because everything else is in place!

The question is, how long did you spend in the UK after having your last police check carried out? Perhaps if you've not been in the UK since, you won't have to have a UK one done, just an Australian one.

Worst case scenario, you'll need the UK one doing again and an Aus one too!

Medicals: you'll be able to get that done in Australia...
Old Nov 2nd 2007, 7:01 pm
You call that a moustache

ex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Simon.and.Kate
The question is, how long did you spend in the UK after having your last police check carried out?

Medicals: you'll be able to get that done in Australia...
Pretty sure that he will need to get another UK pcc regardless of the amount of time he has spent in the UK since his last pcc.