Police Checks - A quick question!

Old Feb 9th 2005, 8:47 am
Forum Regular

Wozza is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Police Checks - A quick question!

Hi All.

After 11 months of waiting (!) we finally got the request for meds and pcc's. Meds have been done already. My 'quick' question is, We handed the PCC paperwork to our local constabulary in Hampshire who said it would then get sent off to wherever and the results would be posted back to us. He neglected to say how long they are currently taking, so does anyone know roughly what it is taking now. I know on the form it said it can take up to 6 weeks, but I was wondering if this is currently the case. Furthermore, once they are received and sent back with the Meds to DIMIA, does anyone know roughly how long it takes before you get the acceptance or dare I say, the rejection letter back???

TIA.

Woz.
Old Feb 9th 2005, 8:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Stewie is a jewel in the roughStewie is a jewel in the roughStewie is a jewel in the roughStewie is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Police Checks - A quick question!

Originally Posted by Wozza
Hi All.

After 11 months of waiting (!) we finally got the request for meds and pcc's. Meds have been done already. My 'quick' question is, We handed the PCC paperwork to our local constabulary in Hampshire who said it would then get sent off to wherever and the results would be posted back to us. He neglected to say how long they are currently taking, so does anyone know roughly what it is taking now. I know on the form it said it can take up to 6 weeks, but I was wondering if this is currently the case. Furthermore, once they are received and sent back with the Meds to DIMIA, does anyone know roughly how long it takes before you get the acceptance or dare I say, the rejection letter back???

TIA.

Woz.
Hi Woz

The Authorities say that the Police check will be completed within 40 days. All I can say is that mine was completed and returned after 3 weeks.

How long you will wait for a decision on the visa once all the paperwork is back at DIMIA depends on the class of visa you have applied for.
Old Feb 9th 2005, 1:35 pm
Pej
Forum Regular

Pej is just really nicePej is just really nicePej is just really nicePej is just really nicePej is just really nicePej is just really nicePej is just really nicePej is just really nicePej is just really nicePej is just really nicePej is just really nice

Originally Posted by Wozza
Hi All.

TIA.

Woz.

Another March ’04 med request?

From what I’ve read on here, most people receive the police checks much sooner than the 6 weeks maximum. A search of old threads should confirm this. I’d probably expect it to take around 3 weeks.
Old Feb 9th 2005, 3:01 pm
Forum Regular

sephy is on a distinguished road
Red face Re: Police Checks - A quick question!

Hi there

Our Police reports took about two weeks to be returned to us. We've just had our meds and xrays and I asked our agent the questions about the processing time. They said depending upon the meds being OK, it could be anything from a couple of days to a couple of weeks from when DIMIA receive the info. But we don't know how long the info will take to do the round trip of UK, to Sydney to Perth. So we are presuming about 4 to 6 weeks at tops - Fingers Crossed !!
Sephy
Old Feb 9th 2005, 3:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

chr1sarter has a spectacular aura aboutchr1sarter has a spectacular aura aboutchr1sarter has a spectacular aura about

Your nearly at the end, so hang in there. Our Police checks took about 3.5 weeks. We telephoned the hampshire help line, to make sure they had received the request from our local Fareham Police station, which they kindly told us they had, and they were processing them at the time of our call. Check my time line for time of visa acceptance as a guide.

Best of luck
Old Feb 9th 2005, 4:10 pm
Forum Regular

Wozza is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by chr1sarter
Your nearly at the end, so hang in there. Our Police checks took about 3.5 weeks. We telephoned the hampshire help line, to make sure they had received the request from our local Fareham Police station, which they kindly told us they had, and they were processing them at the time of our call. Check my time line for time of visa acceptance as a guide.

Best of luck

Thanks People.

Yep, it's been a long wait, but patience paid of in the end (I hope!!). I just gave it all to the agent and sat back. Did worry for a while as after 6 months of wondering where my ACS assessment, I did contact them to find out where it was - LOST they said!! Fortunately it was found and things progressed. I was told processing time would be 54 weeks, this will be up mid March. Despite the shake up in July with DIMIA's new processing system, my app could theoretically be done on time!!! So keeping fingers crossed as it's still not a done deal yet!!

Be patient is the answer as I think it doesn't matter how much complaining people do on the forums and with their agents etc, it won't change anything, DIMIA just run their course.

Good luck to everyone still waiting...

Woz.