police checks online

Old Sep 21st 2007, 11:51 am
Forum Regular

Location: loving the ozzie life in perth - except for the snakes
townies5 is a jewel in the roughtownies5 is a jewel in the roughtownies5 is a jewel in the roughtownies5 is a jewel in the roughtownies5 is a jewel in the rough
Default police checks online

HI, don't know if this is of any use to you. we needed a replacement CRB police check urgently. rather than wait 40 days i discovered you can do them online.
www.disclosure.gov.uk i did have to go through the disclosure scotland site to get it sent to me directly rather than an employer. it came in under a week, and is in the post to oz as i type!
Old Sep 21st 2007, 12:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: police checks online

May well be wrong here but don't think a CRB check is the same as the police check required for immigration purposes which has to be applied for in the usual way, ie by post or at local police station.

Sammy
Old Sep 21st 2007, 12:19 pm
Forum Regular

biggles7374 is a jewel in the roughbiggles7374 is a jewel in the roughbiggles7374 is a jewel in the roughbiggles7374 is a jewel in the rough

sammy

you are correct the disclosure check is not the right one for the purposes of the immigration.

It is the subject access check and there is currently no way this can be done online.

Andy
Old Sep 21st 2007, 12:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Andy

How's it going with you, any news?

Sammy
Old Sep 21st 2007, 12:21 pm
Forum Regular

biggles7374 is a jewel in the roughbiggles7374 is a jewel in the roughbiggles7374 is a jewel in the roughbiggles7374 is a jewel in the rough

Not yet. All quiet.

I expect I am now in the LCU queue so not expecting to hear in the immediate future.

What about you, where are you at?

Andy
Old Sep 21st 2007, 12:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Still waiting for skills assessment results, hopefully in about 13 days (not that I'm counting, of course) If good news , will get online application straight in, if bad news, going to very drunk
Sammy
Old Sep 28th 2007, 10:16 am
Forum Regular

townies5 is a jewel in the roughtownies5 is a jewel in the roughtownies5 is a jewel in the roughtownies5 is a jewel in the roughtownies5 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by biggles7374
sammy

you are correct the disclosure check is not the right one for the purposes of the immigration.

It is the subject access check and there is currently no way this can be done online.

Andy
don't wish to throw a spanner in your works, but my online disclosure check has been accepted for visa purposes as opposed to waiting for a police check for 40days. it states exactly the same stuff on it. visa's granted 25/09/07!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Sep 28th 2007, 10:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Suprised to read that, I presume it must have been in date as they won't accept PC's have a limited validity.
My CRB checks were from a few years ago so I wouldn't have been able to use them.
But never mind all of that, CONGRATULATIONS on your good news, good luck and have fun!!!!

Sammy
Old Sep 28th 2007, 10:37 am
Forum Regular

Brockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by townies5
don't wish to throw a spanner in your works, but my online disclosure check has been accepted for visa purposes as opposed to waiting for a police check for 40days. it states exactly the same stuff on it. visa's granted 25/09/07!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Does that cost more than the police check itself?
Old Sep 28th 2007, 11:03 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Brockies
Does that cost more than the police check itself?
hi. don't know how much police checks costs, as i haven't done that. my disclosure cost £20.00. this was for a basic disclosure. if you want an enhanced one i presume they cost more. the basic was fine for visa purposes as explained to me when i rang the disclosure place. enhanced one if you want to work with children.
Old Sep 28th 2007, 12:32 pm
Forum Regular

Brockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Beware, as technically speaking a CRB disclosure, especially the basic one, is NOT the one required by DIAC. It's highly likely that people will "get away" with using CRB checks, as DIAC officers may well not realise the difference.
The only correct one for migration purposes is the Subject Access/Data Protection check, and if you use a CRB instead then you risk having it rejected, and being told to get the correct one.
The main difference is that for immigration purposes no offence is ever "spent" , whereas for CRB checks, depending on the level of check carried out, some offences do not appear.

Polly
(former police record checker)

Cheers Polly I think I will just for the police checks just incase....
Old Sep 28th 2007, 2:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Brockies
Cheers Polly I think I will just for the police checks just incase....
I agree, its only £10 and you don't want any delays if the case officer realises the difference and you then have to wait for PC and risk going to bottom of pile.

Sammy
Old Sep 28th 2007, 4:13 pm
Forum Regular

appyarry will become famous soon enough

could someone please point me in the right direction ,ive been asked for the police check but cannot work out which form i need . Also does it have to be the police force of the county you live in . i ask this because ive only just moved to hampshire where as i spent most of my life in dorset ..any help would be appreciated ... john
Old Sep 29th 2007, 8:00 am
BE Forum Addict

NikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond repute

appyarry, if you want to send me a pm with your email address I'll forward you the form the police emailed to me. You need to send it into the Hampshire force, but they then forward it to the central records people.
Old Sep 29th 2007, 9:42 am
BE Forum Addict

steveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to behold

Hi

Just like to say crb are not the same as the police checks and they cost more.

Sent off for my CRB to so I can work with children in Aug (still waiting for it to come back) and it cost £36 each.

Sent of police check for visa took 40 days but only cost £10. Agent told me they wouldn't accept my CRB for the visa.

Hope this helps

Tina

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.