Police checks & memory

Old May 10th 2008, 3:12 pm
Just Joined

crystal-gaze is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Police checks & memory

Hi,

Can anyone advise about Police checks namely, my hubbie was a bit of a naughty teenager & was in trouble a few times with the local constabulary, no problems since then - grown up & in his 40`s now. He can remember that he on 1 ocassion received a caution, can`t remember when though.

Is there a way of obtaining knowledge of what is on your police records? so as not to miss out something that appears later that you had forgotten about.

Basically can you do a pre check check so to speak, memory is a dreadful thing at times?

Thanks

Crystal
Old May 10th 2008, 3:17 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Police checks & memory

Originally Posted by crystal-gaze
Hi,

Can anyone advise about Police checks namely, my hubbie was a bit of a naughty teenager & was in trouble a few times with the local constabulary, no problems since then - grown up & in his 40`s now. He can remember that he on 1 ocassion received a caution, can`t remember when though.

Is there a way of obtaining knowledge of what is on your police records? so as not to miss out something that appears later that you had forgotten about.

Basically can you do a pre check check so to speak, memory is a dreadful thing at times?

Thanks

Crystal
He can apply to your local police for a Subject Access check, costs £10, and all he has to give as a reason is that he wishes to know what is on his record.
If you still have gaps where he remembers being cautioned but it has been weeded from the record, then just declare what he can remember.
Old May 10th 2008, 3:32 pm
Just Joined

crystal-gaze is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you for that.

That`s what we`ll do as we don`t want to miss something out due to memory loss then it pops up on the check.

So I presume that he can apply for this check & it will not effect anything on the system so when he has to apply for the actual emigration police check he can & that is when the year starts. Sorry hope that`s clear?

Iam ok as I have had in the last 2 years an enhanced police check for my nursing - I presume Iam fine?

Regards

Crystal

Last edited by crystal-gaze; May 10th 2008 at 3:36 pm.
Old May 10th 2008, 4:27 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by crystal-gaze
Thank you for that.

That`s what we`ll do as we don`t want to miss something out due to memory loss then it pops up on the check.

So I presume that he can apply for this check & it will not effect anything on the system so when he has to apply for the actual emigration police check he can & that is when the year starts. Sorry hope that`s clear?

Iam ok as I have had in the last 2 years an enhanced police check for my nursing - I presume Iam fine?

Regards

Crystal
You will have to get a new check for migration as the enhanced CRB checks are only for employment.
As for his, he can apply for the check anytime, everyone is entitled to a copy of their record (if they have one) under the Data Protection Act. Ask your local police for a Subject Access form, and tell them he just wants to see whats on file. He'll then need to do a fresh check for the actual visa application, to reset the clock to the start of the year, but this will help you in the meantime