Police checks & medicals

Old Jan 14th 2008, 9:05 pm
Living the dream

tawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Police checks & medicals

Originally Posted by mad city fan
has anyone had kids who have had to have blood test my 9 year old has an ear peircing and they said he may need to have blood test aswell
My daughter had her ears pierced & she didn't have to have a blood test. She's 11.

Although I had to have the HepB test cos I had mine done (had mine done in the same clinic as Kath too!) So depends on the Dr.
Old Jan 14th 2008, 9:15 pm
Just Joined

jones6682 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tawkins1
My daughter had her ears pierced & she didn't have to have a blood test. She's 11.

Although I had to have the HepB test cos I had mine done (had mine done in the same clinic as Kath too!) So depends on the Dr.
hi all,can i ask where do you get these meds done, i live in the north east of england and just starting process for visa application,when do you have to take these meds, at the begining or towards the end i,m a bit confused, only spoke to agent today, any help would be a appreciated. also is there a website with the nearest med centre to me . thanks..
Old Jan 14th 2008, 9:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

kjc79 has a brilliant futurekjc79 has a brilliant futurekjc79 has a brilliant futurekjc79 has a brilliant futurekjc79 has a brilliant futurekjc79 has a brilliant future
Smile Re: Police checks & medicals

sorryit must have been that friday feeling for him

Originally Posted by jones6682
hi all,can i ask where do you get these meds done, i live in the north east of england and just starting process for visa application,when do you have to take these meds, at the begining or towards the end i,m a bit confused, only spoke to agent today, any help would be a appreciated. also is there a website with the nearest med centre to me . thanks..
the meds and police checks are only valid for 12 months. it depends if you could afford to fly out and just validate your visa if the time was a bit short for selling your house etc once visa arrived. i would lodge the application then apply for pcc and meds as online applications seem to go through quicker ....not that i'm bitter about all these september visa holders (only joking)

thats only my opinion though lots of other BE will add

kathx

ps a list of available panal DR are available on the australian government website. under each area of uk
Old Jan 15th 2008, 7:41 am
Just Joined

johnsim is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi John
It was the Manchester medical center. St John Street Tel: 01618344122.
Dr Million. Absolutely knows what he's doing. Lovely fella. It is listed on the immi website under panel Drs.
X-rays are done in the same place too so no need to make 2 appointments.
Appointment made the day b4 we went so no waiting. took 2 hours in total that was for 2 adults & 3 kids so not bad.
Cheers for your help! Will be seeing Dr. Million (fortunate name)
Old Jan 15th 2008, 11:09 am
Just Joined

johnsim is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All,

I contacted the medical centre but was told I could not book the med tests/xrays until I can provide a visa class number (we asked to provide the passport num instead, but were turned down). We are going for a de-facto visa, am I correct in thinking we will get a visa class number when a case officer is assigned to us? We were hoping to get a headstart by having the tests done early, do we need to wait or does anyone know a way around this?

Cheers,

Johnsim
Old Jan 15th 2008, 12:54 pm
Forum Regular

ler01kjh is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by johnsim
Hi All,

I contacted the medical centre but was told I could not book the med tests/xrays until I can provide a visa class number (we asked to provide the passport num instead, but were turned down). We are going for a de-facto visa, am I correct in thinking we will get a visa class number when a case officer is assigned to us? We were hoping to get a headstart by having the tests done early, do we need to wait or does anyone know a way around this?

Cheers,

Johnsim
The forms you need to download should be available on the checklist following submission of your application.
Old Jan 15th 2008, 11:07 pm
Living the dream

tawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by johnsim
Hi All,

Cheers,

Johnsim
Do you know if its a general skilled 175 or sponsored or what? What type of visa are you applying under? That is what the clinic want to know. You need to know that b4 you apply.
Old Jan 15th 2008, 11:10 pm
Living the dream

Originally Posted by kjc79
sorryit must have been that friday feeling for him

the meds and police checks are only valid for 12 months. it depends if you could afford to fly out and just validate your visa if the time was a bit short for selling your house etc once visa arrived. i would lodge the application then apply for pcc and meds as online applications seem to go through quicker ....not that i'm bitter about all these september visa holders (only joking)

thats only my opinion though lots of other BE will add

kathx

ps a list of available panal DR are available on the australian government website. under each area of uk
Our police checks are dated 1/3/07! Would this mean that if we got our visa tomorrow (wishfull thinking) that we would only have till 1/3/08 to get to OZ?
Sent a email to CO but nothing back yet!
Can you re-apply for your police checks & send them in again?
Old Jan 16th 2008, 10:04 am
Living the dream

Exclamation Re: Police checks & medicals

Our police checks are dated 1/3/07! Would this mean that if we got our visa tomorrow (wishfull thinking) that we would only have till 1/3/08 to get to OZ?
Sent a email to CO but nothing back yet!
Can you re-apply for your police checks & send them in again?

Just had an email back from CO. I was right!!!!
She told me we were near finalisation but as our pcc's are 12 months old on 1/3/08 we only have till 1/3/08 to validate our visa (although it hasn't come thru yet!)
She has however said we can re submit new ones so we will have 12 months then to validate it... PHEW!!!!

Just thought i'd post this incase anyone else was in the same boat
Old Jan 16th 2008, 10:52 am
Forum Regular

ler01kjh is an unknown quantity at this point

Just had an email back from CO. I was right!!!!
She told me we were near finalisation but as our pcc's are 12 months old on 1/3/08 we only have till 1/3/08 to validate our visa (although it hasn't come thru yet!)
She has however said we can re submit new ones so we will have 12 months then to validate it... PHEW!!!!

Just thought i'd post this incase anyone else was in the same boat
Can you just clarify for me?

I thought you had your medicals and police check, which was valid for 12 months for consideration of a visa. So long as the visa is granted within 12 months of these checks, it'd be fine. Then you have 12 months from issuing of the visa to get in the country.

Is that incorrect?
Old Jan 16th 2008, 11:01 am
Living the dream

Originally Posted by ler01kjh
Can you just clarify for me?

I thought you had your medicals and police check, which was valid for 12 months for consideration of a visa. So long as the visa is granted within 12 months of these checks, it'd be fine. Then you have 12 months from issuing of the visa to get in the country.

Is that incorrect?
No! Thats the impression I got. CO says we all have to make at least one entry into Australia to validate our visa before 1/3/08 as our police clearance is 12 months old then.

Your validation date is 12 months to the date that your police clearances or medicals are 12 months old (whichever is the soonest). They may beable to extend it but only by 3 months max.

I only found this out reading on this website so asked CO about it, so thank god I found it!!!

Have a look at the thread 'visa validation' it explains everything