Police Checks

Old May 22nd 2008, 6:37 am
Just Joined

dougie-jen is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Police Checks

Hi
We are just at the beginning of the process, I have an enhanced disclosure from Disclosure Scotland. Is this acceptable as a police check?
Old May 22nd 2008, 7:16 am
BE Enthusiast

helena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Police Checks

Originally Posted by dougie-jen
Hi
We are just at the beginning of the process, I have an enhanced disclosure from Disclosure Scotland. Is this acceptable as a police check?
Hi,

Here in Ireland we have to get a Police Clearance Certificate from each country we have lived in for 12 months or more in the last 10 years. We were given a data disclosure form by the Garda but it turned out to be the wrong form. Hope this helps and good luck
Old May 22nd 2008, 8:43 am
Just Joined

dougie-jen is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the info. The enhanced disclosure that I have allows us to work with children in Scotland and is a pretty thorough check but I am still unsure if it will be enough.
Old May 30th 2008, 5:33 am
BE Enthusiast

wannabees is just really nicewannabees is just really nicewannabees is just really nicewannabees is just really nicewannabees is just really nicewannabees is just really nicewannabees is just really nicewannabees is just really nicewannabees is just really nice

Originally Posted by dougie-jen
Thanks for the info. The enhanced disclosure that I have allows us to work with children in Scotland and is a pretty thorough check but I am still unsure if it will be enough.
sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but the enhanced disclosure is not enough, i too have a CRB to work with children but had to apply for police checks. good luck
Old May 30th 2008, 1:11 pm
Forum Regular

saxtonj is on a distinguished road

Not sure if anyone knows but I'm cleared at SC level nationally by the Police, does this mean i still need police checks?
Old May 30th 2008, 1:17 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by saxtonj
Not sure if anyone knows but I'm cleared at SC level nationally by the Police, does this mean i still need police checks?
Yes. Security checks - although going deeper - are for a different purpose, under different Acts. You will need to supply the standard police clearance.