Wikiposts

Police Checks

Old Nov 27th 2007, 6:14 am
BE Enthusiast

wats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant future
Default Police Checks

Hello,

I'm just about to apply for my Police checks in the UK, do I just go down to my local station and fill out a form?

Thanks
Old Nov 27th 2007, 6:28 am

dinner-dash is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Police Checks

Originally Posted by wats123
Hello,

I'm just about to apply for my Police checks in the UK, do I just go down to my local station and fill out a form?

Thanks
you can download them from your area police force
Old Nov 27th 2007, 6:29 am
Forum Regular

MRG175 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello,

Thanks
Hi
Thats what we done, downloaded forms first from your local constabulary web site, fill them in and take 2 forms of photo ID.
Old Nov 27th 2007, 6:34 am
BE Enthusiast

wats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by dinner-dash
you can download them from your area police force
I've checked online on the Durham Constabulary website and they don't have the forms.
Old Nov 27th 2007, 6:42 am

dinner-dash is an unknown quantity at this point

I've checked online on the Durham Constabulary website and they don't have the forms.
Subject Access
The Subject Access provisions of the Data Protection Act give an individual the right to have a copy of any personal data held on them.

Section 7 of the Data Protection Act 1998 states that a "data subject" (the person about whom the personal data refers) is entitled, upon written request, to be informed whether or not personal data is held or processed about them.

Should you wish to know what information (if any) Durham Constabulary holds about you, or you would like confirmation that you do, or do not, have a prosecution/conviction history, you must complete a Subject Access form. Payment of a £10.00 fee and proof of identification must accompany a completed application form. Application forms are available from the:

Data Protection Office,
Durham Constabulary HQ
Aykley Heads
Durham
DH1 5TT

Telephone 0845 60 60 365
Alternatively, you can e-mail the Data Protection Officer at [email protected]

Please note that once we have received your completed application the process to provide you with information can take up to 40 days.

http://www.westmercia.police.uk/foi/dataform.pdf

this is one for you to look at.....i live in west mercia area

Last edited by dinner-dash; Nov 27th 2007 at 6:47 am.
Old Nov 27th 2007, 8:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dinner-dash
Subject Access
The Subject Access provisions of the Data Protection Act give an individual the right to have a copy of any personal data held on them.

Section 7 of the Data Protection Act 1998 states that a "data subject" (the person about whom the personal data refers) is entitled, upon written request, to be informed whether or not personal data is held or processed about them.

Should you wish to know what information (if any) Durham Constabulary holds about you, or you would like confirmation that you do, or do not, have a prosecution/conviction history, you must complete a Subject Access form. Payment of a £10.00 fee and proof of identification must accompany a completed application form. Application forms are available from the:

Data Protection Office,
Durham Constabulary HQ
Aykley Heads
Durham
DH1 5TT

Telephone 0845 60 60 365
Alternatively, you can e-mail the Data Protection Officer at [email protected]

Please note that once we have received your completed application the process to provide you with information can take up to 40 days.

http://www.westmercia.police.uk/foi/dataform.pdf

this is one for you to look at.....i live in west mercia area
Hi Dinner Dash thats great, many thanks for your help, I'll drop them an email.

Thanks
Old Nov 27th 2007, 9:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

brian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nice

Has anyone posted there one or took it into the station,i am about to get mine and was wondering what was best method,i cant see mine asking for two forms of id,just one,but it say on mine i can photo copy my id and include that and post if required,has others posted there one,also is there a way to find out if they got it as who know may wait 40 days or so and find out they never received it.
Old Nov 27th 2007, 11:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi All,

Got my form today from Durham Police, when they send me the details back am I ok to open these (unlike medicals) and then forward these to my agent?

Thanks
Old Nov 28th 2007, 1:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Yes
excellent ! thanks Pollyana!