No agent, where do I start?

Old Nov 25th 2007, 7:33 pm
Just Joined

AmandaWayneBilly is an unknown quantity at this point
Default No agent, where do I start?

OK so I am thinking I might not use an agent (might change my mind!) but if I didn't use one, can someone point me in the right direction of a check list or suchlike so I make sure I get everything in the right order, etc, etc.

TIA
Old Nov 25th 2007, 7:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud of
Default Re: No agent, where do I start?

Originally Posted by AmandaWayneBilly
OK so I am thinking I might not use an agent (might change my mind!) but if I didn't use one, can someone point me in the right direction of a check list or suchlike so I make sure I get everything in the right order, etc, etc.

TIA
If you have a straight forward situation do it yourself. Tonnes of help on the immi site and on here.

If its complicated then I would go through an agent.

Some good ones on this forum, we are using Concept Australia, Manchester but there are plenty around. Ring around for quotes and haggle!!! Make sure they are MARA registered.

Cx
Old Nov 25th 2007, 7:43 pm
Forum Regular

Phipsons is an unknown quantity at this point

The Immigration site tells you everything you need to know and do:

http://www.immi.gov.au/migrants/index.htm

We followed that to the letter, read through the help books and made sure we did exactly as they asked. We didn't see the need for an agent, it was all pretty simple.

There are some guides which may help you:

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/booklets/booklets.htm
Old Nov 25th 2007, 8:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Same as above really, immi website is the place to start, by deciding which visa to go for and which you are eligible for, of course.
You will be able to find out if your profession is on the Skilled Occuptaion List and what you need to do to have that skill assessed, as that is the first task, which can be very quick and straightforward for some professions and much more in depth for others.

If you still unsure, then there are many agents to choose from, try posting on here for recommendations if necessary.

Good luck

Sam
Old Nov 28th 2007, 1:44 pm
Just Joined

jokersmum is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=AmandaWayneBilly;5599161]OK so I am thinking I might not use an agent (might change my mind!) but if I didn't use one, can someone point me in the right direction of a check list or suchlike so I make sure I get everything in the right order, etc, etc.

TIA Hi there. We've just posted off our meds and police clearances and haven't used an agent. So far so good. It took me about a month of reading stuff from the web site to make sure i knew exactly what I was doing. If you think your visa will be straightforward I would go for it. We haven't had any probs. Have your occupations assessed first then you know exactly how many points you will have and/or if they are on the modl list then you will have a more clear idea of the type of visa you can apply for. Also shop around for solicitors if you have get stuff notorised as the cost can vary quite a bit (£5 -40). hope this helps.

Julie: