Police Checks?

Old Apr 23rd 2007, 9:27 pm
Forum Regular

debsnshaun has a brilliant futuredebsnshaun has a brilliant futuredebsnshaun has a brilliant futuredebsnshaun has a brilliant futuredebsnshaun has a brilliant futuredebsnshaun has a brilliant futuredebsnshaun has a brilliant future
Default Police Checks?

Hi Guys

I am just about to send off for my police checks tomorrow, just as a matter of interest roughly how long are they taking to come back at the moment? Obviously, I realise each constabulary will be different.

When you get them back does it just say 'none recorded' if there haven't found anything please.

Many thanks

Debbie
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 9:30 pm
DownUnder

datamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Police Checks?

It'll take 40 days.. they all go to scotland yard in the end. Yeah, it comes back none recorded, or blank.. can't remember
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 9:48 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Some have been lucky and had theirs back earlier but ours took over 40 days if my memory serves me.
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 11:33 pm
Big Skies and Wide Eyes!

The_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud of

We are on day 35 & still no sign of them We know they've received them 'cos they sent us a receipt! Will ring in morning I think.

Chris
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 11:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by debsnshaun
Hi Guys

I am just about to send off for my police checks tomorrow, just as a matter of interest roughly how long are they taking to come back at the moment? Obviously, I realise each constabulary will be different.

When you get them back does it just say 'none recorded' if there haven't found anything please.

Many thanks

Debbie
Ours took just over 2 weeks, that was december just gone though.
Old Apr 24th 2007, 9:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Nic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud of

Got ours back last week on the 40th day!!

Nic
Old Apr 24th 2007, 9:28 am
BE Forum Addict

samnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Guys

Many thanks

Debbie
Hi Debbie, I think I hold the record at 2 days, posted on Tue 5.30 pm post back Thur 8.30 am. Did enclose a letter saying how I needed asap and could they send receipt as quickly as pos as needed to apply for extension, bit of a little white lie. The receipts arrived the same time.
Sam x
Old Apr 24th 2007, 9:44 am
BE Forum Addict

sammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond repute

hi,
we sent ours on 1st april and our receipting letter states;

"There are a considerable number of requests similar to the one made by yourself and as a result the reply from the National Identification service is likely to be toward the 40 day period"

it is true that they all go to scotland yard so the wait at the mo will be the same for anyone. They did tell us however that 40 days includes weekends and they have to reply within the 40 day period.

Sam
Old Apr 24th 2007, 10:05 am
mmmmmm duff

MarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of light

Im on 35 days today, so should have them later this week or early next....
Old Apr 24th 2007, 10:09 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sammyg
hi,
we sent ours on 1st april and our receipting letter states;

"There are a considerable number of requests similar to the one made by yourself and as a result the reply from the National Identification service is likely to be toward the 40 day period"

it is true that they all go to scotland yard so the wait at the mo will be the same for anyone. They did tell us however that 40 days includes weekends and they have to reply within the 40 day period.

Sam
Yes, they ALL GO TO NEW SCOTLAND YARD from your local Force. Do you guys really doubt my previous posts!! Also, although they are all sent their from local HQs, so may have slightly dofferent timescales, the onus is on local Forces to send them to London asap. They all go together, in a secure post bag, that each Force sends daily.
Your receipt will come from your local Force as it is them that bank the money, and you can be certain that the pcc forms will leave for London before your cheque gets to the bank, as not every office banks the cheques daily.
Old Apr 24th 2007, 10:27 am
Big Skies and Wide Eyes!

The_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by MarkMC
Im on 35 days today, so should have them later this week or early next....
Hopefully, you & me both

OH rang them yesterday aparently & all she got was a maze of auromated calls, I think she rang the Scotland Yard number! Will try Thames Valley in a bit. I know I should wait th 40 days before calling.... but it's getting to me
Old Apr 24th 2007, 1:55 pm
Forum Regular

ian_s has a spectacular aura aboutian_s has a spectacular aura aboutian_s has a spectacular aura about

I,m also on day 35, sent on 21st March to the Cheshire branch of the boys in blue. If there not here by Thursday (day 40 is Sunday) I may be tempted to give them a ring.
Old Apr 24th 2007, 6:32 pm
Big Skies and Wide Eyes!

Originally Posted by ian_s
I,m also on day 35, sent on 21st March to the Cheshire branch of the boys in blue. If there not here by Thursday (day 40 is Sunday) I may be tempted to give them a ring.
Tried ringing them but it's all automated, have to leave your name & number & they'll get back to me..... hmm!
Old Apr 24th 2007, 6:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

adiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to all

Hi Guys

Many thanks

Debbie
It says something like

" there is no information held about you on the police national computer"

Please see the link below to see what happened to mine!

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...0&postcount=10

Ade S
Old Apr 24th 2007, 6:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

sals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to all

I'm on day 26!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! waiting, waiting, waiting...................................
delaying my job offer and consequently my visa. Rang them to try and get fast tracked, nice chap said they don't do that but they could make a fortune if they did!!!!!!!!!!!!! so still waiting, waiting, waiting.........................
I can't bear another 14 days arghhhhh!!!!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.