Police Checks

Old Mar 4th 2007, 4:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wigan Warrior is just really niceWigan Warrior is just really niceWigan Warrior is just really niceWigan Warrior is just really niceWigan Warrior is just really niceWigan Warrior is just really niceWigan Warrior is just really niceWigan Warrior is just really niceWigan Warrior is just really nice
Default Police Checks

Is it possible to request your police checks on-line?

I went to the police atation today to request and ended up just leaving as it was heaving (it is wigan, so didnt expect anything less!).

Cheers,
WW
Old Mar 4th 2007, 5:02 pm
WS

WS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Police Checks

It's possibly to print the forms off, fill them in and then take then back to the police station for them to check the ID.

I think this is the right form for you: http://www.gmp.police.uk/mainsite/pa...jectaccess.htm
Old Mar 4th 2007, 5:18 pm
...feeling hot hot hot!!!

wannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by ws99
It's possibly to print the forms off, fill them in and then take then back to the police station for them to check the ID.

I think this is the right form for you: http://www.gmp.police.uk/mainsite/pa...jectaccess.htm
I didn't go to the police station, just downloaded forms from the local constabulary web site and posted that with the money and photocopies of ID and got reply about ten days later.
Old Mar 21st 2007, 7:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wigan Warrior is just really niceWigan Warrior is just really niceWigan Warrior is just really niceWigan Warrior is just really niceWigan Warrior is just really niceWigan Warrior is just really niceWigan Warrior is just really niceWigan Warrior is just really niceWigan Warrior is just really nice

I've just realised it can take up to 40 days to get the police checks back, that's pushing it close for us.

Anyone got any timescales on how long theirs took, especially those using GMP.

cheers,
WW
Old Mar 21st 2007, 7:10 pm
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wigan Warrior
I've just realised it can take up to 40 days to get the police checks back, that's pushing it close for us.

Anyone got any timescales on how long theirs took, especially those using GMP.

cheers,
WW
mine took a week..

but i am ashamed to admit this,my mrs's took 6 weeks,as she has a record.if people have a record it gets passed to a second department for more checks...which takes ages..

ast
Old Mar 21st 2007, 8:55 pm
Forum Regular

Davla is an unknown quantity at this point

Is it possible to request your police checks on-line?

I went to the police atation today to request and ended up just leaving as it was heaving (it is wigan, so didnt expect anything less!).

Cheers,
WW
We got ours back in 2 weeks. We went to our local police station & they just gave us different forms & told us to send them off. I was told you should send the forms to your county constabulary ie we live in Cornwall & I sent mine off to Cornwall & Devon Constabulary not to the met in London.
hope that helps
Law
Old Mar 22nd 2007, 9:17 am
BE Enthusiast

adiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Davla
We got ours back in 2 weeks. We went to our local police station & they just gave us different forms & told us to send them off. I was told you should send the forms to your county constabulary ie we live in Cornwall & I sent mine off to Cornwall & Devon Constabulary not to the met in London.
hope that helps
Law
As far as im aware, even though we send them back to the local constabulary, they are then forwarded to Scotland Yard in London for processing via the PNC so the time differences are interesting. Guess it depends how busy they are.
Old Mar 22nd 2007, 10:50 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by adiestubbs
As far as im aware, even though we send them back to the local constabulary, they are then forwarded to Scotland Yard in London for processing via the PNC so the time differences are interesting. Guess it depends how busy they are.
Absolutely correct. The local Force verifies the info on the form against your ID and deals with the payment, the checks themselves are then done centrally by New Scotland Yard in London.
Old Apr 19th 2007, 1:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Does anyone know how to chase the police checks up?

The website says it can take up to 40 days, well the 40 days has passed and still nothing !

I've tried contacting the Greater Manchester Police and they transfered me and then I got transfered again and then I ended up at a voice recording asking me to leave my details and they will send me a form to request police checks:curse:
Old Apr 19th 2007, 2:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

adiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to all

Does anyone know how to chase the police checks up?

The website says it can take up to 40 days, well the 40 days has passed and still nothing !

I've tried contacting the Greater Manchester Police and they transfered me and then I got transfered again and then I ended up at a voice recording asking me to leave my details and they will send me a form to request police checks:curse:
By coincidence, i posted this today

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...0&postcount=10

I had a letter from my local constabulary a few days after filling out the forms. It said that my request had been forwarded to London, and it had a (local) number to call if had questions, so thats the one i rang. It was actaully a human being that answered, which is a nice surprise!!

Ade S
Old Apr 19th 2007, 2:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

I had a letter from my local constabulary a few days after filling out the forms. It said that my request had been forwarded to London, and it had a (local) number to call if had questions, so thats the one i rang. It was actaully a human being that answered, which is a nice surprise!!

Ade S
I didn't receive anything from GMP, just a reciept when I handed in my request and paid.

Do you have the number so that I can give them a bell.

Cheers,
WW
Old Apr 19th 2007, 2:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

I didn't receive anything from GMP, just a reciept when I handed in my request and paid.

Do you have the number so that I can give them a bell.

Cheers,
WW
Its not the same constabulary and its a local number, so they will prob say contact your local police force. But happy to find it if you think it's worth a shot?
Old Apr 22nd 2007, 3:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

sals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to allsals is a name known to all

Ade S
I got my application from Lancs police online. I'd already been into the nick and they said they didn't give out the forms but they'd pass on my details and said they'd send the forms to me by post from headquarters. I did it online when I got home that day, glad I did as it's been nearly a month and they've still not sent out the forms. I also got letter confirming max 40 days reply gave date of 8th May for latest I would receive it. I rang Lancs again Friday because the lack of police check is delaying my job offer and therefore my visa. The very helpful guy I spoke to stated they send everything off to scotland yard and there is no way to fast track it (although he said they could make a fortune if they did lol), which was what I was trying to do. He also stated they have a maximum of 40 days to reply so you have to recieve it back within this time. He also said if you've no record it's usually much faster than 40 days. My friend who lives in GMP area got her's back in 9 days. So Wigan Warrior if you've not had the official letter with an end date and you request has gone over 40 days I'd chase it up, as it sounds like they may not have sent your request off to London. You need to contact GMP headquarters at Chester House in Manchester. Sorry don't know the no. but ask for the data protection department. They deal with subject access applications.
Hope this helps
Old Apr 22nd 2007, 3:13 pm
fin
heading home

fin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nice

My husbands took about 4 weeks, it was a nightmare waiting for them!
Old Apr 22nd 2007, 3:19 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

All the checks are actually processed at New Scotland Yard, and as I no longer work in the police I can't check the internal directory. However, the Met Police give this number for contacts - 020 7161 3500 - so you could try that AFTER 40 days if you need to check where your result is, and explain you are not a London resident but can't find the number to call to find out what is happening. If you are polite and grovel a bit they will probably put you through You can also quote that you have an immigration deadline for the check.
Or the main Met number is 020 7230 1212 and explain that you are waiting for the result of an urgent Data Protection check, and they should be able to put you through.

Little hint to people - its a very busy office, and the workload is horrendous, growing all the time. The work is generally done by civilian support staff, not police officers. Please please be nice to them - I've been on the other end of the line regarding police check results, so I know what its like; they are doing their best, and every unnecessary call takes them away from the work at hand. So if possible please don't call till the 40 days are up, and remember they are doing their best

Polly
(used to be a criminal record checker, for those who don't know this!)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.