Police Checks

Old Sep 29th 2003, 8:27 am
Just Joined

morg is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Police Checks

Can anyone offer some advice on Police Checks.

We have sent off the completed forms received from our local police force - we have lived in Scotland for the past 3 years - however my wife and I lived in England for the six years before that.

Do we have to get forms from the local force in England where we stayed as well? Or am I worrying un-necessarily?

Thanks

Morg
Old Sep 29th 2003, 9:39 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Police Checks

Originally posted by morg
Can anyone offer some advice on Police Checks.

We have sent off the completed forms received from our local police force - we have lived in Scotland for the past 3 years - however my wife and I lived in England for the six years before that.

Do we have to get forms from the local force in England where we stayed as well? Or am I worrying un-necessarily?

Thanks

Morg
As far as I know you have to get a police check for every country you have lived in for twelve months or more in the last 10 years. This would mean that you would need an English police check as well as a Scottish one...I may be wrong (others will soon let me know if I am!) but it's probably a good idea to include English checks too...
Old Sep 29th 2003, 10:39 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, you will need two checks, one for Scotland and one for the rest of the UK. Get in touch with the Police HQ in the English county you last lived in and they'll send you the form.