Police check question

Old Mar 12th 2010, 12:05 pm
Just Joined

sarree1981 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Police check question

hey

my OH is soon going to apply for a 175 skilled migrant visa. Will the fact that I have 2 cautions on my police check hinder the application??? they were 5 and 8 years ago but still come up on a CRB check as they are not removed after 3 years as they previously used to.
one was when i was 20 years old for talking back to a copper whilst a little tipsy! and the other was a dispute with somebody, i scratched there car during an argument....embarrasing and regrettable I know but im not a bad person!!!!
Im worried about this, please help

sar
Old Mar 12th 2010, 3:10 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Police check question

Originally Posted by sarree1981
hey

my OH is soon going to apply for a 175 skilled migrant visa. Will the fact that I have 2 cautions on my police check hinder the application??? they were 5 and 8 years ago but still come up on a CRB check as they are not removed after 3 years as they previously used to.
one was when i was 20 years old for talking back to a copper whilst a little tipsy! and the other was a dispute with somebody, i scratched there car during an argument....embarrasing and regrettable I know but im not a bad person!!!!

sar
I have moved your post into its own thread, as you posted originally in a thread about Spouse visas. You should get more approprate answers this way
Old Mar 12th 2010, 3:31 pm
Forum Regular

australianinleicester has much to be proud ofaustralianinleicester has much to be proud ofaustralianinleicester has much to be proud ofaustralianinleicester has much to be proud ofaustralianinleicester has much to be proud ofaustralianinleicester has much to be proud ofaustralianinleicester has much to be proud ofaustralianinleicester has much to be proud ofaustralianinleicester has much to be proud ofaustralianinleicester has much to be proud ofaustralianinleicester has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by sarree1981
hey

sar
A quick consultation around the lounge, well my GF, we think you haven't got to worry, its more serious stuff they are interested in.

A caution for talking back to a copper, thought that was the penalty for murder these days!
Old Mar 12th 2010, 5:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

You don't get a CRB check for the visa, it is an ACPO check, which I believe is not as detailed as the CRB. So your cautions might not show up, even so, I feel pretty sure that two cautions will not be a bar to immigration.
Old Mar 13th 2010, 4:07 am
Forum Regular

scotsnurse has a brilliant futurescotsnurse has a brilliant futurescotsnurse has a brilliant futurescotsnurse has a brilliant futurescotsnurse has a brilliant futurescotsnurse has a brilliant futurescotsnurse has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
You don't get a CRB check for the visa, it is an ACPO check, which I believe is not as detailed as the CRB. So your cautions might not show up, even so, I feel pretty sure that two cautions will not be a bar to immigration.
Nah, you don't have anything to worry about in my opinion.

I know someone who did something a little worse, though they still are not bad people, and it was Okay. They had to discuss it with their case officer, but common sense prevailed.
Old Mar 13th 2010, 6:30 am
Forum Regular

pjmills is an unknown quantity at this point

what about GBH at the age of around 18 about 12-13yrs ago?
Old Mar 13th 2010, 6:35 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pjmills
what about GBH at the age of around 18 about 12-13yrs ago?
Depends on circumstances, sentence, rehabilitation (what is your life like now - have you reformed), the rest of your police record if you have one......lots of variables. Best advice would be a discussion with a registered migration agent who can advise you of the best way to present your case to DIAC.
Old Mar 13th 2010, 2:31 pm
Forum Regular

pjmills is an unknown quantity at this point

Thankyou. Happened about 12yrs ago, received a fine nothing else. Havent done anything naughty since. Was a teenager at the time.
Old Mar 15th 2010, 9:09 am
Just Joined

aaahhhh, thanks guys, i feel a little better now!!!! the things you do on the evil that is alcohol eh? lol, cheers ;-) x sarah
Old Mar 16th 2010, 10:02 am
Forum Regular

Soapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to all

i have the same concerns. My hubbie has a couple of things on his record from between 10 and 15 years ago, being a young tearaway. Nothing too terrible, personal posession of marijuana and, minor criminal damage, just a fine, no time. He has had a clean record since. We confessed on the app, but dont know if it comes up on the report. Thought it best to be up front. I would hope they would be more concerned about violent crimes and threats to society.

Hopefully, worst case scenario we will have to supply a character reference to show he is a good boy nowadays!

Fingers crossed!!
Old Mar 16th 2010, 11:40 am
Just Joined

good luck!!! glad im not the only one!!!