Wikiposts

Police check info (UK)

Old Feb 2nd 2008, 8:18 am
Brendan,cath&family,Derry

brendan d is a name known to allbrendan d is a name known to allbrendan d is a name known to allbrendan d is a name known to allbrendan d is a name known to allbrendan d is a name known to allbrendan d is a name known to allbrendan d is a name known to allbrendan d is a name known to allbrendan d is a name known to allbrendan d is a name known to all
Default Re: Police check info (UK)

i have been living in the republic of ireland for 7 yrs so i had to get one from the irish police. Before that i lived in northern ireland so i also have to get one from the psni, and because this is part of the uk, the psni then forwarded it onto scotland yard for a check with them.

Abit confusing i know, but hope it helps

Brendan
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 1:08 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Current Processing Times

Originally Posted by TJUK
You ne have a police check from each "Country" that you have resided in during the last 10 years. As stated earlier Scotland, England, Wales and NI are all independant therefore checks are required from each. Hope this helps.
England and Wales are covered together, under the main Police National Computer check.
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 12:09 am
Darwin since Jun 2008

TJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Pollyana
England and Wales are covered together, under the main Police National Computer check.
Sorry for amy confusiom about England and Wales..
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 11:56 am
Forum Regular

Citygirl is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by TJUK
Sorry for amy confusiom about England and Wales..
Hey...

I am days away from attaching all my scanned documents to my online application, and I intend to frontload the pc's. I required three Police checks, Republic of Ireland, Scotland and Northern Ireland. With Scotland and Northern Ireland, I'll be attaching two documents per check - Clearance from the Strathclyde and PSNI forces, with an additional document in each case from Police National Computer Check. I've had all the copies of these documents certified by a solicitor today - However, both Scotland Yard letters now have a "fraud" watermark, due to the copying. The solicitor has qualified his certification by stating the originals did not bear this watermark.

Does this cause problems down the line?
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 8:07 pm
Darwin since Jun 2008

TJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Citygirl
Hey...

I am days away from attaching all my scanned documents to my online application, and I intend to frontload the pc's. I required three Police checks, Republic of Ireland, Scotland and Northern Ireland. With Scotland and Northern Ireland, I'll be attaching two documents per check - Clearance from the Strathclyde and PSNI forces, with an additional document in each case from Police National Computer Check. I've had all the copies of these documents certified by a solicitor today - However, both Scotland Yard letters now have a "fraud" watermark, due to the copying. The solicitor has qualified his certification by stating the originals did not bear this watermark.

I did the same with mine it does say fraud on them when scanned or copied. I havent heard anything from DIAC yet, I also got them certified just to be on the safe side!

Last edited by TJUK; Feb 3rd 2008 at 8:08 pm. Reason: typo's
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 8:10 pm
Ping pong PoM

alipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nichola.cook1ntlworld.com
police checks cost 50.10p
Good Lord woman! What checks are you having done>???

I believe a CRB check costs more, but only employers can request one of those!

Ours were £10!

Ali x
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 10:43 pm
Living the dream

tawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Citygirl
Hey...

This has been mentioned quite a few times. They do have 'fraud' on them when they've been scanned or copied. They are fine to send