Wikiposts

Police check info (UK)

Old Jan 16th 2008, 3:34 am
Living the dream

tawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to behold
Default Police check info (UK)

Originally Posted by vickys
Hi guys dont think that priority means that much difference at the moment as they have received so many applications during July / August 07. We sent ours in end of July and haven't even received a pre-ack!! I'm sure that the aspc and the lcu are working their buts off to get us all through but with so many applications it'll be one of those never ending intrays that we are all so familiar with. I'm sure that they will get to all our applications soon.

tawkins, at least it is only your police clearances and they are only £10 each and they do have a legal obligations to get them back to you within 40 days too so it's not too bad. Are you ready to go with the exception of your PCC's and your golden ticket? Hope you get the fantastic news really soon
Just gotta sell the house & OH to work his contract till June then were off!
They say £10 for pcc's but this will be the 3rd lot i've paid for so in effect they've cost us £30 each! Oh well I dont care anyway as long as I get my visa
Old Jan 16th 2008, 4:41 am
ann
Forum Regular

ann is just really niceann is just really niceann is just really niceann is just really niceann is just really niceann is just really niceann is just really niceann is just really nice
Default Re: Current Processing Times

Originally Posted by tawkins1
They say £10 for pcc's but this will be the 3rd lot i've paid for so in effect they've cost us £30 each! Oh well I dont care anyway as long as I get my visa

police checks cost 50.10p
Old Jan 16th 2008, 5:30 am
Living the dream

tawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by nichola.cook1ntlworld.com
police checks cost 50.10p
Ours only cost £10 each. We applied for them in 06 then didn't go ahead with applying, then again in 3/07 but as they are due to expire 3/08 we are applying again for them. Thats why I said they've ended up costing us £30 each.

Where did you hear they cos £50.10????? Never heard them costing more than £10!
Old Jan 16th 2008, 1:40 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Ours only cost £10 each. We applied for them in 06 then didn't go ahead with applying, then again in 3/07 but as they are due to expire 3/08 we are applying again for them. Thats why I said they've ended up costing us £30 each.

Where did you hear they cos £50.10????? Never heard them costing more than £10!
A police check in the UK costs 10 quid, price is set by the Home Office. 50.10 sounds like the charge for one of the Criminal Records Bureau (CRB) checks for employment purposes - they are NOT suitable for migration purposes. You need a Data Protection/Subject Access check available directly from the police and not through the CRB. Sounds like you have the right ones, but Nichola is on the wrong track

Last edited by Pollyana; Jan 16th 2008 at 1:42 pm.
Old Jan 17th 2008, 1:35 am
Just Joined

siobhan07 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by iain1668
my application has been sent to brisbane character assessment unit as of 2nd oct. applied 29th july 07.

is there a consistant waiting time? or is it every man for himself?
Hi Iain, could you tell me how long your application took in BCAU, OURS IS THERE FROM 14/12/07!! WOULD BE GRATEFUL FOR SOME INSIGHT, i AM GOIN MAD!:curse:
Old Jan 17th 2008, 9:22 am
BE Enthusiast

vickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud of

Ah bless ya, I really hope that your visa comes through really soon despite the £30, I do acknowledge that it must be frustrating having to pay it twice let alone three times. Good luck, I'm sure it'll be well worth it in the end
Old Jan 17th 2008, 12:53 pm
Brendan,cath&family,Derry

brendan d is a name known to allbrendan d is a name known to allbrendan d is a name known to allbrendan d is a name known to allbrendan d is a name known to allbrendan d is a name known to allbrendan d is a name known to allbrendan d is a name known to allbrendan d is a name known to allbrendan d is a name known to allbrendan d is a name known to all

Hi folks, i have applied for my police checks from both northern ireland police and the republic of ireland police because of where i have lived over the past 10 years, but i have been told by my agent that because i lived in northern ireland (7 yrs ago) i also have to gat a pc from the uk police. Can anyone shed a light on this and how do i go about it.

Brendan
Old Jan 17th 2008, 6:53 pm
Darwin since Jun 2008

TJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by brendan d
Hi folks, i have applied for my police checks from both northern ireland police and the republic of ireland police because of where i have lived over the past 10 years, but i have been told by my agent that because i lived in northern ireland (7 yrs ago) i also have to gat a pc from the uk police. Can anyone shed a light on this and how do i go about it.

Brendan
Give your Main Police Station a call or better still pop in and have a chat about it, I'm sure they will be able to advise you. I think the Northern Ireland Police Force will be the same as Scottish Police, you apply in your local Police Office and they then pass it on to New Scotland Yard to the main records office to chrck there are no details on you. Scottish Police hold records on individuals that are less serious, so in effect you may end up with two certs one from the local force and one from the National Computer...like I said pop along and have a chat........unless anyone knows differently?? If so I'm sure they will be along shortly to advise.

Good luck.
Old Jan 17th 2008, 9:56 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat001 is just really nicescrubbedexpat001 is just really nicescrubbedexpat001 is just really nicescrubbedexpat001 is just really nicescrubbedexpat001 is just really nicescrubbedexpat001 is just really nicescrubbedexpat001 is just really nicescrubbedexpat001 is just really nice

Originally Posted by TJUK
Scottish Police hold records on individuals that are less serious, so in effect you may end up with two certs one from the local force and one from the National Computer...like I said pop along and have a chat........unless anyone knows differently?? If so I'm sure they will be along shortly to advise.

Good luck.
Not strictly true.

Scottish Criminal Records Office (SCRO) hold details of all crimes commited in Scotland regardless of severity - commit a murder or a traffic offence and it's on there. Data is shared between the different areas and pretty much everything ends up on the Police National Computer (PNC).

Because they are different laws, Scottish Police Forces can only do Data Protection Checks (which is what you are requesting) within the Scottish Police Jurisdiction, England and Wales are another Jurisdictionand I believe PS Northern Ireland is another (don't know about channel isles, isle on man etc). There are different laws, Scottish Law, English Law etc, many are the same, such as Traffic Law, but some are specific, for example in Scotland there is no such crime as Arson, it's "Will full Fire Raising".

So if you have lived in Scotland & England like I have, you apply to your local force (Lothain & Borders im my case) asking for SCRO & PNC Checks and pay the fee (I only paid £10 but I know others who had to pay £20 - £10 for each area). The SCRO checks will be done by your local force, usually within 7 days (well, L&B do anyway), they also send a request to the National Identification Service at New Scotland Yard and they quote 40 working days for you to get the PNC checks.

Anyway most if not all forces have the forms available for download from their websites or available at the Front Counter so just pop down with your ID, something with your current address on and the fee. Oh, make sure you get your receipt for payment as well.

Hope this helps
Old Jan 18th 2008, 3:01 am
Darwin since Jun 2008

TJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud ofTJUK has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by filcomm
Not strictly true.

Scottish Criminal Records Office (SCRO) hold details of all crimes commited in Scotland regardless of severity - commit a murder or a traffic offence and it's on there. Data is shared between the different areas and pretty much everything ends up on the Police National Computer (PNC).

Because they are different laws, Scottish Police Forces can only do Data Protection Checks (which is what you are requesting) within the Scottish Police Jurisdiction, England and Wales are another Jurisdictionand I believe PS Northern Ireland is another (don't know about channel isles, isle on man etc). There are different laws, Scottish Law, English Law etc, many are the same, such as Traffic Law, but some are specific, for example in Scotland there is no such crime as Arson, it's "Will full Fire Raising".

So if you have lived in Scotland & England like I have, you apply to your local force (Lothain & Borders im my case) asking for SCRO & PNC Checks and pay the fee (I only paid £10 but I know others who had to pay £20 - £10 for each area). The SCRO checks will be done by your local force, usually within 7 days (well, L&B do anyway), they also send a request to the National Identification Service at New Scotland Yard and they quote 40 working days for you to get the PNC checks.

Anyway most if not all forces have the forms available for download from their websites or available at the Front Counter so just pop down with your ID, something with your current address on and the fee. Oh, make sure you get your receipt for payment as well.

Hope this helps
Think he got the gist of it and as I said someone would come along later with better detail. Thank you for being more articulate in your reply.
Old Jan 18th 2008, 5:09 am
Brendan,cath&family,Derry

brendan d is a name known to allbrendan d is a name known to allbrendan d is a name known to allbrendan d is a name known to allbrendan d is a name known to allbrendan d is a name known to allbrendan d is a name known to allbrendan d is a name known to allbrendan d is a name known to allbrendan d is a name known to allbrendan d is a name known to all
Default Re: Police check info (UK)

Thanks to everyone for your assistance.

Brendan
Old Jan 20th 2008, 12:35 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat001 is just really nicescrubbedexpat001 is just really nicescrubbedexpat001 is just really nicescrubbedexpat001 is just really nicescrubbedexpat001 is just really nicescrubbedexpat001 is just really nicescrubbedexpat001 is just really nicescrubbedexpat001 is just really nice

Thank you for being more articulate in your reply.
The more info that's here and not stuck in my brain () the more use it will be to someone else going through the process.
Old Jan 20th 2008, 6:48 pm
Darwin since Jun 2008

Originally Posted by filcomm
The more info that's here and not stuck in my brain () the more use it will be to someone else going through the process.
I agree totally, its how we all learn and get thro' the process at all stages.
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 2:37 am
Forum Regular

dpande is a name known to alldpande is a name known to alldpande is a name known to alldpande is a name known to alldpande is a name known to alldpande is a name known to alldpande is a name known to alldpande is a name known to alldpande is a name known to alldpande is a name known to alldpande is a name known to all

Think he got the gist of it and as I said someone would come along later with better detail. Thank you for being more articulate in your reply.
We have lived in both Scotland and the West Midlands previously. I was born in W. Mids, lived in Glasgow 1995-2004 then back to W. Mids. OH born in Ayrshire then lived in Glasgow 2002-2004 now in West Midlands (obviously).
Naturally we have to apply for a cert from West Midlands Police but what about in Scotland? I have the form from Strathclyde Police which asks if we would like PNC details as well- does this mean we could actually get away without the English Police check and save £20 between us? Would it make more sense for my other half to apply for Ayrshire instead of Strathclyde?
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 8:08 am
Darwin since Jun 2008

Originally Posted by dpande
We have lived in both Scotland and the West Midlands previously. I was born in W. Mids, lived in Glasgow 1995-2004 then back to W. Mids. OH born in Ayrshire then lived in Glasgow 2002-2004 now in West Midlands (obviously).
Naturally we have to apply for a cert from West Midlands Police but what about in Scotland? I have the form from Strathclyde Police which asks if we would like PNC details as well- does this mean we could actually get away without the English Police check and save £20 between us? Would it make more sense for my other half to apply for Ayrshire instead of Strathclyde?
You ne have a police check from each "Country" that you have resided in during the last 10 years. As stated earlier Scotland, England, Wales and NI are all independant therefore checks are required from each. Hope this helps.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.