PMV + Tourist VISA

Old Nov 16th 2011, 6:21 pm
Forum Regular

cherni is an unknown quantity at this point
Question PMV + Tourist VISA

Hi there!

My Fiancée is about to lodge her PMV application which is offshore. From what we found out, it might take 6 months at least.

My question is: Once we lodge the PMV VISA and get a CO assigned, is it possible for her to get a tourist VISA for 3 / 6 months to come and visit me?

Has anyone done this? Any experiences? Suggestions?

Thanks!!!
Old Nov 16th 2011, 8:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PMV + Tourist VISA

Well what is the worst that can happen ... it is refused. Just try it and see.

Every case is viewed independently so nobody can say what will happen in your case and what happened in their own case is not relevant.
Old Nov 17th 2011, 1:17 am
PMV
Forum Regular

PMV has much to be proud ofPMV has much to be proud ofPMV has much to be proud ofPMV has much to be proud ofPMV has much to be proud ofPMV has much to be proud ofPMV has much to be proud ofPMV has much to be proud ofPMV has much to be proud ofPMV has much to be proud ofPMV has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by cherni
Hi there!

My Fiancée is about to lodge her PMV application which is offshore. From what we found out, it might take 6 months at least.

My question is: Once we lodge the PMV VISA and get a CO assigned, is it possible for her to get a tourist VISA for 3 / 6 months to come and visit me?

Has anyone done this? Any experiences? Suggestions?

Thanks!!!
I was granted a single-entry tourist visa (up to 90 days) last year a few months after my PMV was lodged (whereas previously I had been granted a multiple entry tourist visa, so note that you may not get get a multiple entry visa). We advised our Case Officer of my travel plans and itinerary, and there was no problem.

In the end, my PMV was granted after 5 months, which was the day before I was due to travel on a tourist visa. So I didn't actually enter the country on the tourist visa in the end.

Good luck.
Old Feb 12th 2012, 1:23 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by PMV
I was granted a single-entry tourist visa (up to 90 days) last year a few months after my PMV was lodged (whereas previously I had been granted a multiple entry tourist visa, so note that you may not get get a multiple entry visa). We advised our Case Officer of my travel plans and itinerary, and there was no problem.

In the end, my PMV was granted after 5 months, which was the day before I was due to travel on a tourist visa. So I didn't actually enter the country on the tourist visa in the end.

Good luck.
Hi! thanks for the info!!!

One question, how did you fill out the tourist VISA form in questions:

36 . Complete the following details if you (or any other person included in this application) have applied for permanent entry to Australia in the last 5 years.

37. Complete the following details if you (or any other person included in this application) have applied for temporary entry to Australia in the last 5 year.

The first question is, PMV is temporary or permanent?

The second question is, the PMV visa was lodged 2 months ago, so... it was neither rejected or approved... how do I put that in???

thanks!!!
Old Feb 12th 2012, 1:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cherni
Hi! thanks for the info!!!

One question, how did you fill out the tourist VISA form in questions:

36 . Complete the following details if you (or any other person included in this application) have applied for permanent entry to Australia in the last 5 years.

37. Complete the following details if you (or any other person included in this application) have applied for temporary entry to Australia in the last 5 year.

The first question is, PMV is temporary or permanent?

The second question is, the PMV visa was lodged 2 months ago, so... it was neither rejected or approved... how do I put that in???

thanks!!!
There are no trick questions. The PMV is quite clearly a temporary visa, you know this surely? So has the applicant ever applied for a permanent visa? This is yes or no stuff.

Q37 is clearly relevant as the PMV has been applied for in the last year. So the applicant just needs to answer the questions, if there is a question about whether it was approved or rejected and you don't know then you put that! Again, there are no trick questions.
Old Feb 12th 2012, 5:07 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
There are no trick questions. The PMV is quite clearly a temporary visa, you know this surely? So has the applicant ever applied for a permanent visa? This is yes or no stuff.

Q37 is clearly relevant as the PMV has been applied for in the last year. So the applicant just needs to answer the questions, if there is a question about whether it was approved or rejected and you don't know then you put that! Again, there are no trick questions.
Well, I do know its a 9 month temporary VISA... they should contemplate the option "under processing"... right?

Anyways, we have added a cover letter stating that she has applied for the PMV. I will add a "Under Processing"

Thanks!