Old Apr 25th 2006, 7:13 am
PTM
Forum Regular

PTM is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Pls kindly help me........

Dear all,

I have posted a threat on capital investment a few days ago
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=369070

Can someone kindly shed me some lights....

My question is if i made the $100K capital investment, do i have to apply for Tax File number for this captial investment purpose during my first entry even if i will only be moving to OZ in 2 years time after grant?

Look forward for advises from anyone who had gone through the captial investment...Thanks in advance...

PTM
Old Apr 25th 2006, 9:47 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pls kindly help me........

Originally Posted by PTM
Dear all,

I have posted a threat on capital investment a few days ago
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=369070

Can someone kindly shed me some lights....

My question is if i made the $100K capital investment, do i have to apply for Tax File number for this captial investment purpose during my first entry even if i will only be moving to OZ in 2 years time after grant?

Look forward for advises from anyone who had gone through the captial investment...Thanks in advance...

PTM
You will only need a TFN when you are resident for tax purposes in Australia. It sounds like you will remain resident for tax purposes in your home country so you will have to declare the interest on the capital investment there.
Old Apr 26th 2006, 1:25 am
PTM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by wmoore
You will only need a TFN when you are resident for tax purposes in Australia. It sounds like you will remain resident for tax purposes in your home country so you will have to declare the interest on the capital investment there.
Hi wmoore,

Thanks for the reply. Is there anyway to confirm that?

PTM
Old Apr 26th 2006, 1:52 am
PTM
Forum Regular

Hi wmoore,

Understand that you have made the capital investment too. Did you start to live in OZ after your first entry? If not, did you apply a TRN during your first entry?

Also did you arrange the interest to be credited to your bank account in OZ or a cheque to be posted to you?

Appreciate your advises on the above and capital investment related....Thanks in advance..

PTM
Old Apr 26th 2006, 9:13 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PTM
Understand that you have made the capital investment too. Did you start to live in OZ after your first entry? If not, did you apply a TRN during your first entry?

Also did you arrange the interest to be credited to your bank account in OZ or a cheque to be posted to you?

Appreciate your advises on the above and capital investment related....Thanks in advance..
I guess you should speak to the ATO directly to confirm. Have a look for a contact email on www.ato.gov.au.

I paid the $100k too but I moved here on first entry with my visa so there were no complications in that regard.

I have already had one lot of interest paid directly into my Oz bank account and eagerly await the $100k in a couple of months time
Old Apr 27th 2006, 5:59 am
PTM
Forum Regular

I guess you should speak to the ATO directly to confirm. Have a look for a contact email on www.ato.gov.au.

I paid the $100k too but I moved here on first entry with my visa so there were no complications in that regard.

I have already had one lot of interest paid directly into my Oz bank account and eagerly await the $100k in a couple of months time
Ic, thanks for your prompt reply.. Will email ATo to check...