pls evaluate regarding electrical

Old Sep 26th 2013, 6:50 am
Just Joined

kanav is an unknown quantity at this point
Default pls evaluate regarding electrical

hi,
i have done my diploma in instrumentation from Indo swiss in 2002 India. Then I joined my father's business and have been in it for 11 years now. I even have a electrical licence for giving services . I have three unregistered firms but I file ITR for the same. My business deals with giving services to various reputed banks in IndiaI wanted to know whether I would be applicable in applying for Australia visa in skilled workers. At present my age is 30 years. What will be total estimate for assessment of my application , the time taken for the same & job scope there.

regards
kanav
Old Sep 26th 2013, 8:06 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: pls evaluate regarding electrical

Originally Posted by kanav
hi,
i have done my diploma in instrumentation from Indo swiss in 2002 India. Then I joined my father's business and have been in it for 11 years now. I even have a electrical licence for giving services . I have three unregistered firms but I file ITR for the same. My business deals with giving services to various reputed banks in IndiaI wanted to know whether I would be applicable in applying for Australia visa in skilled workers. At present my age is 30 years. What will be total estimate for assessment of my application , the time taken for the same & job scope there.

regards
kanav
Hi kanav and welcome to BE

To be eligible to apply for a skilled visa as an electrician, you would need to get your skills assessed through Vetassess, which includes a practical assessment (and theory test on single and 3 phase circuits) as well as supply detailed references and certified copies of your qualifications. All the information on skills assessment is here - http://www.vetassess.com.au/migrate_...ade_skills.cfm

There is also a section on BE for electricians - http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=97

How long the assessment process takes depends on whether you supply sufficient information, and when and where you can do the practical assessment. I cannot find in-country assessments for India, so you may need to contact them. Without sufficient qualifications, it is possible to be assessed via RPL but this requires a minimum of 7 years suitable experience

You will also need to take the IELTS test for migration, but it is not needed for the skills assessment although all tests are conducted in English
Old Sep 26th 2013, 12:46 pm
Just Joined

i made a call in the Vetassess and got to know they wont be conducting the written assessment test in the coming few months and further Victoria university claimed that they would assess my documents but i would have to go in Australia for the test. please tell what should be my next step.
Old Sep 26th 2013, 12:53 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

i made a call in the Vetassess and got to know they wont be conducting the written assessment test in the coming few months and further Victoria university claimed that they would assess my documents but i would have to go in Australia for the test. please tell what should be my next step.
Well you could apply to Vetassess and wait for them to conduct in country testing if you pass the initial stages.

Or you can apply to Vic Uni and travel to Australia for testing if you pass the initial stages.

The assessments are not just a written test though. On top of that you need to wire and test series and parallel DC circuits, draw the circuits for DOL motor starter, wire it and test it, carry out safe isolations and disconnect / reconnect and re-instate circuits, install a domestic distribution board with lighting and power circuits, and including trunking, cable selection, breaker selection, earthing and test.
Old Sep 26th 2013, 12:57 pm
Just Joined

but what could be the safer path of the two? although both organisations are equally reputed, but the choice depends on the results
Old Sep 26th 2013, 1:02 pm

but what could be the safer path of the two? although both organisations are equally reputed, but the choice depends on the results
Vetassess is more recognised but both are RTO's established by TRA and have the same standards.

In case you do not know, electrical work is a licensed trade. If you are successful in gaining an OTSR from either Vetassess or Vic Uni, you will need to apply for a supervised license, undertake gap training and complete a log book of supervised work of around 12 months to be able to obtain the certificate that will get you a full license.
Old Sep 26th 2013, 2:30 pm
Just Joined

the supervised work will be done in home country or Australia?
Old Sep 26th 2013, 10:50 pm

the supervised work will be done in home country or Australia?
In Australia when you can persuade a company to give you a start - but that's after you have a visa.

Skills assessment first, and IELTS.

If you have enough points submit EOI and wait for invitation.

If invited, apply for visa and wait

When visa granted, and you get to Australia, to work as electrician - gap training, and supervised work.
Old Sep 27th 2013, 3:21 am
Just Joined

well that was detailed well enough...thanks