Please look at this strange odd situation

Old Aug 6th 2004, 4:23 am
Forum Regular

mfarouk has a spectacular aura aboutmfarouk has a spectacular aura aboutmfarouk has a spectacular aura about
Default Please look at this strange odd situation

Yesterday I went to migration agent, and she told me that I don’t qualify for the SIR -she called it work permit by the way-because I don’t have 6 years of experience???

I am communication and electronics engineer and I will assume that I will get positive assessment from IEAust which also doesn’t require 6 years ,only the CDR and certificates, but she never mentioned this skills assessment and when I told here that she said 6 years of experience.

I told here that 6 year is not even required as specific work experience, it is all 3 for certain skills, but she insists, and why she called it work permit.

SIR is a whole different from work permit because we can apply for PR after 2 years and being employed for 12 months.

I read the skills migration booklet may be 5 times before I go and I am sure there is no such a thing, but I really doubted all my information as I am supposed to be here business and she should attract me.

Please look at my skills points’ assessment and tell me if I am qualified based on the SIR pass score is 110.

First I qualify for the recent work experience basic requirements as I have working as engineer for 1.5 years and as technician for 7 months
60 points for skill (after IEAust assessment)
30 points for age (I am 26 years old now)
20 points for English (7th band in the all the IELTS tests)
0 points for specific work experience

Total 110
Old Aug 6th 2004, 6:50 am

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Please look at this strange odd situation

I may be wrong but I thought you have to have 6 years of experience IF you dont have a trade qualification?

You need to check which organisation will be doing your skills assessment (possibly TRA?) and they will tell you more...

Hope this has been of some help
Old Aug 6th 2004, 7:37 am
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by mfarouk
Yesterday I went to migration agent, and she told me that I don’t qualify for the SIR -she called it work permit by the way-because I don’t have 6 years of experience???

I am communication and electronics engineer and I will assume that I will get positive assessment from IEAust which also doesn’t require 6 years ,only the CDR and certificates, but she never mentioned this skills assessment and when I told here that she said 6 years of experience.

I told here that 6 year is not even required as specific work experience, it is all 3 for certain skills, but she insists, and why she called it work permit.

SIR is a whole different from work permit because we can apply for PR after 2 years and being employed for 12 months.

I read the skills migration booklet may be 5 times before I go and I am sure there is no such a thing, but I really doubted all my information as I am supposed to be here business and she should attract me.

Please look at my skills points’ assessment and tell me if I am qualified based on the SIR pass score is 110.

First I qualify for the recent work experience basic requirements as I have working as engineer for 1.5 years and as technician for 7 months
60 points for skill (after IEAust assessment)
30 points for age (I am 26 years old now)
20 points for English (7th band in the all the IELTS tests)
0 points for specific work experience

Total 110
Hi Farouk,

The agent clearly isn't applying IEAust criteria. Could be because you're a tradesman or an IT professional (there are six year rules for each), hard to tell from your email. One thing to bear in mind that "engineers" in Australia are called "professional engineers" in some other parts of the world; and depending on their industry and skills they could be tradies or IT people.

The reference to a work permit is a bit of an anachronism. Where was the agent?

Cheers,

George Lombard

www.austimmigration.com.au
Old Aug 8th 2004, 3:20 pm
Forum Regular

mfarouk has a spectacular aura aboutmfarouk has a spectacular aura aboutmfarouk has a spectacular aura about
Question Re: Please look at this strange odd situation

Thanks people for your help, just to make it clear I have Bachelor of Science (communication and electronics) it is a university degree from egypt (5 years at university level after 12 years of schooling) this is not trade or diploma it is Bachelor of Science Bsc, I know that IEAust recognizes 3 categories

Professional Engineer
Academic qualification is an Australian four year professional engineering degree
following twelve years of schooling, or equivalent.

Engineering Technologist
Academic qualification is an Australian three year engineering technology degree following twelve years of schooling, or
equivalent.

Engineering Associate
Academic qualification is an Australian two year advanced diploma of engineering following twelve years of schooling, or equivalent.

This is typically copied and pasted from the qualification kit from IEAust

I will get 60 points if i am recognizes as Professional Engineer or Engineering Technologist

Anyway I went to another agent after I get nuts, and when I mentioned the word SIR he didn’t recognized it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! for god sake somebody should shoot this man,
at once I realized at once that he is not an agent, he is just meeting people and filling the application form, as when I told him about the SIR details he promised he will check for the latest updates and will contact me, I wondered how these companies do like this, I am supposed to be a potential client and they are losing client by this, as I totally lost confidence in dealing with such a company.

I live in UAE and I was wondering if it is possible to use any agent outside UAE as I don’t know how it can be hard for the agent to be updated before meeting people and loosing clients.

Mr. George, 6 years is required by ACS under (RECOGNITION OF PRIOR LEARNING) that is the case if I don’t have qualification, and that is not me .

Mr. bridiej thanks for your help but TRA is away far from my skills, it is very clear on the SOL that ASCO cod 2125-11 is assessed by IEAust.
Old Aug 8th 2004, 3:32 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Although you can look at either ACS or IEAUST if you meet the criteria, it seems that IEAUST should be your first port of call.

Many people overseas use a MARA registered agent in Australia.
http://www.themara.com.au

All MARA registered agents should be fully aware of the SIR visa and its pros and cons (at least to the extent these are clear at the moment).

Jeremy

Originally Posted by mfarouk
I live in UAE and I was wondering if it is possible to use any agent outside UAE as I don’t know how it can be hard for the agent to be updated before meeting people and loosing clients.

Mr. George, 6 years is required by ACS under (RECOGNITION OF PRIOR LEARNING) that is the case if I don’t have qualification, and that is not me .
Old Aug 8th 2004, 11:45 pm
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JAJ
Although you can look at either ACS or IEAUST if you meet the criteria, it seems that IEAUST should be your first port of call.

Many people overseas use a MARA registered agent in Australia.
http://www.themara.com.au

All MARA registered agents should be fully aware of the SIR visa and its pros and cons (at least to the extent these are clear at the moment).

Jeremy
Hi Farouk,

OK, it's clear that you would need to apply to IEAust as an Engineering Technologist using their CDR procedure. Without a long period of work experience it may be a challenge, but I think you should get away from those UK agents.

Glenn Newton and I are the only two agents I know who do a half-decent job with IEAust - he sometimes works as a consultant to us on trade matters but also works with Alan Collett on 50-50 assessment cases in other disciplines. Glenn isn't an engineer but is highly experienced in the field of skills assessments. We use three professional engineers as consultants with IEAust cases as it's my preference to be able to deal with clients at the level of their professional expertise rather than applying general principles, but whether you go to Glenn (alms[at]alms.com.au) or me (george[at]austimmigration.com.au) I think you'll need professional help.

Cheers,

George Lombard

www.austimmigration.com.au
Old Aug 9th 2004, 1:20 am
Forum Regular

Post Re: Please look at this strange odd situation

Mr. George i sent you an email please check

Last edited by mfarouk; Aug 9th 2004 at 1:24 am.