Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

PLEASE I NEED A SOLUTION! Australian visas.....

PLEASE I NEED A SOLUTION! Australian visas.....

Old Jun 23rd 2008, 8:50 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PLEASE I NEED A SOLUTION! Australian visas.....

Originally Posted by robos
thanks her visa is validated she validated it 2 years ago
Is this the same case that has been debated here? In which case i think every possible option has already been suggested.
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 12:13 pm
one day rodders !!!

robos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Is this the same case that has been debated here? In which case i think every possible option has already been suggested.

yep polly thanks
Old Jun 24th 2008, 6:59 pm
Forum Regular

antmeister is a jewel in the roughantmeister is a jewel in the roughantmeister is a jewel in the roughantmeister is a jewel in the roughantmeister is a jewel in the rough

WHV mate and you dont need 2k in the bank i never had to show proof of funds once, not when i applied online and not at heathrow or brisbane, i just got asked a few questions. i was told about the needing 2k or you wont get in. im sure if they see your girlfriend pregnant and your on a whv they will see your genuine, but immigration is pretty tuff abroad, nothing like the uk.
Old Jun 24th 2008, 9:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by antmeister
WHV mate and you dont need 2k in the bank i never had to show proof of funds once, not when i applied online and not at heathrow or brisbane, i just got asked a few questions. i was told about the needing 2k or you wont get in. im sure if they see your girlfriend pregnant and your on a whv they will see your genuine, but immigration is pretty tuff abroad, nothing like the uk.
If they see his pregnant girlfriend it'll end any hope of WHV as can't get one if you've got dependent children (born or unborn). Better more informed advice has already been offered, hopefully they are looking into good advice that has been offered
Old Jun 25th 2008, 9:52 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

UK immigration is just as tough, if not tougher than Australian.
Old Jun 25th 2008, 9:56 am
Forum Regular

antmeister is a jewel in the roughantmeister is a jewel in the roughantmeister is a jewel in the roughantmeister is a jewel in the roughantmeister is a jewel in the rough

asnt tuff when my ex wife came here, they looked at her passport and didnt even question her working visa and said ok next. we basically walked off the plane and to our car thats wot it was like, no security at all. i dont think heathrows very good with security compaired to singapore or brisbane etc
Old Jun 25th 2008, 10:13 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

asnt tuff when my ex wife came here, they looked at her passport and didnt even question her working visa and said ok next. we basically walked off the plane and to our car thats wot it was like, no security at all. i dont think heathrows very good with security compaired to singapore or brisbane etc
I'm not talking about security at Heathrow. You alluded to emigration policies for UK being lax.
Old Jun 25th 2008, 10:18 am
Forum Regular

i just think the uk is to relaxed on immigration compaired to other countries. my ex had no money no job or anything and they let he through without any questions.
Old Jun 25th 2008, 10:53 am
Ping pong PoM

alipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond repute

From what has been written. I can gather this.
A prospective Spouse visa is absolutely your best option.
The offences you talk of are minor and so long as you declare them, will be little more than a hassle for you.

You then get 9 months to marry your g/f. Having seen lots of people get this visa on here over the years, I think it's quite speedy to obtain.

You might have to spend a few weeks apart, but in the scheme of things, what matters most?

It's probably a stupid question, but, why didn't you think about this a bit earlier? You don't have to answer, but I'm genuinely interested....
Old Jun 25th 2008, 11:09 am
Forum Regular

lainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nicelainey70 is just really nice

Originally Posted by alipally
From what has been written. I can gather this.
A prospective Spouse visa is absolutely your best option.
The offences you talk of are minor and so long as you declare them, will be little more than a hassle for you.

You then get 9 months to marry your g/f. Having seen lots of people get this visa on here over the years, I think it's quite speedy to obtain.

You might have to spend a few weeks apart, but in the scheme of things, what matters most?

It's probably a stupid question, but, why didn't you think about this a bit earlier? You don't have to answer, but I'm genuinely interested....
If it's anything like my OH its the the M word. One mention of the word and he goes a funny shade of whitish green and looks like he is going to faint

You are quite right on the the visa option. There is no other way if they want to do this the proper way. It wouldn't take long to get the visa and he would be able to work too and save a lot of hassle in the long run.
I think from previous posts they were hoping a different way around this, but as time goes on it ends up getting harder. If they didnt take on any advice earlier or speak to an agent its makes it harder the less time they have.
I wish them all the best on the visa front and parenthood
Old Jun 26th 2008, 2:57 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Australia_bound?
If they see his pregnant girlfriend it'll end any hope of WHV as can't get one if you've got dependent children (born or unborn).

There is no such thing as an "unborn" dependent child, not in a migration law context anyway.
Old Jun 26th 2008, 7:27 am
Ping pong PoM

alipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond repute

Just a thought though JAJ, if you 'acquire' a dependent whilst you are in Australia on a WHV, would it be cancelled?
Strange question, I'm sure, but it's probably not the first time that it's happened so hopefully they'll be an answer somewhere....
Old Jun 26th 2008, 10:16 pm
Just Joined

xmrshamillx is a jewel in the roughxmrshamillx is a jewel in the roughxmrshamillx is a jewel in the roughxmrshamillx is a jewel in the roughxmrshamillx is a jewel in the rough

Hello,

The reason we didnt think of any of this sooner is because i (mike the boyfriend) had fallen out with all of sarahs family, so we couldnt exactly move over to them, otherwise.......well...... am sure you could guess what would of happened.

But now everythin is sorted, we are just having problems getting there.

( still )

and yes it is last minute, but we have until february 2009 to find a way of getting over there otherwise sarahs visa expires, as she has to be over there for 2 years to become an australian citizen.

Now our problem is that a de facto visa takes 3-6 months to apply for, ( am saying this because i was gonna get a visitor visa for 3 months first, then apply for a de facto visa when i was there, so we could have the baby there as well and make it easier ) but it turns out i cant do that because i wouldnt have enough time to apply for a de facto, i would have to come back to the uk, to fly back out. So our only option is to have the baby in the uk, and then find a way of getting a visa for me and the baby, ( whilst doing all this before february, babys due september the 11th )

So if anyone has any ideas please let me know

Mike & Sarah
Old Jun 27th 2008, 12:24 am
Addicted to browsing BE

goldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond repute

Mike - apply for your visa NOW. The baby can be dealt with a lot quicker and easier after she/he is born.

Get all your evidence together, rental agreements, bank accounts, statements etc. do your medicals and apply for the de-facto as soon as your 12 months cohabitation is up (when is that?). It should come through within a few weeks after application. The baby can be added as a dependent child after it is born.

If you start collecting all the information you'll need for the defacto then it's all ready to go and it's not a big rush.

Just to add - if you don't have a joint bank account now, get one! And get all your bank accounts statements from the last few months and find evidence of joint bills and expenses. Get your UK friends and family to write statements about how long you've been together etc and then also get statements from your partners family in Australia. If you can provide as much evidence as possible, and you have a baby on the way, it's possible that you could apply for the de-facto sooner rather than later.

I would very much recommend finding the cash to speak to an agent about your options - it's the rest of your life you're talking about after all!

Other important point - what is the expiry date on your partner's visa? Is it actually Feb 2009 or Feb 2011?

You do NOT have to have 2 years in Australia by the expiry date of your visa to get citizenship - in actual terms, it would be possible to arrive before the visa expiry date and then live and work legally in Australia for the rest of your life - even though the sticker has expired. You would need a RRV to travel but they wouldn't chuck you out.

Last edited by goldchoccycoin; Jun 27th 2008 at 12:31 am. Reason: Extra info
Old Jun 27th 2008, 9:30 am
Just Joined

xmrshamillx is a jewel in the roughxmrshamillx is a jewel in the roughxmrshamillx is a jewel in the roughxmrshamillx is a jewel in the roughxmrshamillx is a jewel in the rough
Thumbs up Re: PLEASE I NEED A SOLUTION! Australian visas.....

Thank you so much for your help, this really has helped us alot as we thought totally different!

We thought that i had to be there before Feb 09 until the years has been complete as my visa actually expires in Feb 2011, we were told that in order for it to be fully validated for the future the latest i could go was Feb 09!

I am definately a PR holder, i am on my mums application, she is a trained/skilled hairdresser and me my two brothers and my dad are also on her application.

This is why we have been panicking so much lately trying to get everything sorted when really there is no need! Also because we were desting to get over before the baby was born as we were also told it would be alot harder (close to impossible) to get any sort of visa for the babs! But as you have just told us it wouldn't be much of a problem at all, and i understand what you men by adding the baby on as a dependant as thats what my mum did with us.

Thanks alot for your help again, it is much appreciated and has put our minds at ease in many ways.

Sarah & Mike x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.