Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Please help me. My case officer misunderstood

Please help me. My case officer misunderstood

Old Dec 6th 2010, 4:53 am
Forum Regular

aliash is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Please help me. My case officer misunderstood

Dear All,

My manager who gave me the reference letter in which all my job duties were mentioned resigned from company and joined new company. My manager recieved verification call in Dec 09. But now he is in new company. I resigned from that company before him and came to Australia on student visa. Because of good relation with my old colleagues I was able to grab my manager new phone number and email address. (I DONT KNOW NEW MANAGER OF MY COMPANY). After getting his new contact details I informed my case officer that my manager who gave me the reference letter has resigned and updated him with new contact details. NOW my CO misunderstood and thinks that I have joined new company and now asking for my new employment details where as my status is same. ONLY MY MANAGER RESIGNED WHO GAVE ME REFERENCE LETTER . Now my agent thinks that we did mistake and we should not inform him because now my CO can think that this is DODGY, how i know about my manager new contact details but we worked for 2 years together that is why i am still in contact with my old colleagues including my manager but he thinks CO might think its dodgy. Now Please please advice me what should i do.. PLEASE DONT POST ANY NEW PERSONAL QUESTIONS IN THIS THREAD and Moderators please you suggest me as well what I SHOULD DO please please help me .. I am very stressed right now

Last edited by aliash; Dec 6th 2010 at 4:55 am.
Old Dec 6th 2010, 5:34 am
Addicted to browsing BE

goldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Please help me. My case officer misunderstood

I would write a CLEAR letter/email outlining exactly what you just said above - to your CO - which will clarify the mistaken understanding.

I don't see why this is dodgy - it's just a simple mistake.

Just write something like;

" Dear CO, I worked at company XX from <date> to <date>. My manager was <name>. I have previously provided a reference letter from <name>. I left this company on <date>

On <date> my former manager <name> left company XX also.

I have now provided his updated contact details so you can contact him regarding the reference if you so wish to. He now works for company YY and his contact details are <insert details>.

I have been living in Australia on a student visa since <date> and do not work for company YY.

I apologise for any previous misunderstanding and do not hesitate to contact me at the address/number below.

Thank you , <name>"

This should make things clear for the CO.

Good luck.
Old Dec 6th 2010, 5:39 am
Premium Member

armandra is just really nicearmandra is just really nicearmandra is just really nicearmandra is just really nicearmandra is just really nicearmandra is just really nicearmandra is just really nicearmandra is just really nicearmandra is just really nicearmandra is just really nice

Originally Posted by tking
I would write a CLEAR letter/email outlining exactly what you just said above - to your CO - which will clarify the mistaken understanding.

I don't see why this is dodgy - it's just a simple mistake.

Just write something like;

This should make things clear for the CO.

Good luck.
I second that. Bang on tking!!!!

armandra!
Old Dec 6th 2010, 5:43 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aliash
Dear All,

My manager who gave me the reference letter in which all my job duties were mentioned resigned from company and joined new company. My manager recieved verification call in Dec 09. But now he is in new company. I resigned from that company before him and came to Australia on student visa. Because of good relation with my old colleagues I was able to grab my manager new phone number and email address. (I DONT KNOW NEW MANAGER OF MY COMPANY). After getting his new contact details I informed my case officer that my manager who gave me the reference letter has resigned and updated him with new contact details. NOW my CO misunderstood and thinks that I have joined new company and now asking for my new employment details where as my status is same. ONLY MY MANAGER RESIGNED WHO GAVE ME REFERENCE LETTER . Now my agent thinks that we did mistake and we should not inform him because now my CO can think that this is DODGY, how i know about my manager new contact details but we worked for 2 years together that is why i am still in contact with my old colleagues including my manager but he thinks CO might think its dodgy. Now Please please advice me what should i do.. PLEASE DONT POST ANY NEW PERSONAL QUESTIONS IN THIS THREAD and Moderators please you suggest me as well what I SHOULD DO please please help me .. I am very stressed right now
Moderators are here to keep order, we are not agents or migration experts. If any of us happen to perosnally know the answer we would post it, but you should be aiming your question at people with knowledge of the issue, not at us.
Old Dec 6th 2010, 6:25 am
Shafaqat Ali

shafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of light

Dear All,

Compose another email and try to explain, DO NOT write a 4 pages essay, just write to the point, case officers are there to help you out and don't worry your job verification is already done.
Old Dec 6th 2010, 7:22 am

adeel.zafar is an unknown quantity at this point

If I go by the thinking of your agent, I also start thinking, why do you have to give updated contact information of the HR manager who has already left. I as a case officer, which I am not , would expect you to give me contact info of your new manager because I would assume that company would mantain all your record... join date, duties etc, and this information should not be secret to only one manager....any manager should be able to verity it... this way I would feel safe if company can verify that you work there, not a person....Since you are relying too much on one person, thats why your agent is saying it sounds like doggy....

I would suggest you to provide contact information of both the persons.. new manager and old manager... so that it does not sound that doggy... and talk to the current manager about your situation if possible...

But your CO has only asked for your current employment... Just tell him/her you are student in this uni since this time...

Dear All,

Last edited by adeel.zafar; Dec 6th 2010 at 7:28 am.
Old Dec 6th 2010, 7:48 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by adeel.zafar
If I go by the thinking of your agent, I also start thinking, why do you have to give updated contact information of the HR manager who has already left. I as a case officer, which I am not , would expect you to give me contact info of your new manager because I would assume that company would mantain all your record... join date, duties etc, and this information should not be secret to only one manager....any manager should be able to verity it... this way I would feel safe if company can verify that you work there, not a person....Since you are relying too much on one person, thats why your agent is saying it sounds like doggy....

I would suggest you to provide contact information of both the persons.. new manager and old manager... so that it does not sound that doggy... and talk to the current manager about your situation if possible...

But your CO has only asked for your current employment... Just tell him/her you are student in this uni since this time...
Agreed. Where the previous manager now works is irrelevant. You're after a work reference which should therefore come from the relevant work place. The information on your abilities and skills should be with the company not an individual who now works elsewhere.
Old Dec 6th 2010, 10:49 am
Banned

gr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant future

Not replying to CO would be a blunder IMHO

INFORM HIM RIGHT AWAY THAT HE MISUNDERSTOOD OFCOURSE IN NICE ASS-KISSING words
Old Dec 6th 2010, 11:03 am
Forum Regular

Saracen is an unknown quantity at this point

Just write to your case officer telling him you have not joined a new job, but your manager did and you supplied his updated situation as you thought that CO might want to further contact him.
And do yourself a favour and dont send the contacts of new manager in your old company that you do not know as some people suggested.
Old Dec 7th 2010, 2:52 am
Forum Regular

aliash is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks to those who gave me suggestions.. my CO accepted that "HE IS SILLY" lol
Old Dec 7th 2010, 3:18 am
Forum Regular

Messenger is just really niceMessenger is just really niceMessenger is just really niceMessenger is just really niceMessenger is just really niceMessenger is just really niceMessenger is just really niceMessenger is just really nice

Hey ,Congratulations!!!
Old Dec 7th 2010, 3:36 am
Banned

gr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant future

dude if anything you should be worried that your CO is silly..haha.

Although it wouldn't hurt to see the exact copy pasted words
Old Dec 7th 2010, 5:24 am
BE Forum Addict

imranprogrammer has a reputation beyond reputeimranprogrammer has a reputation beyond reputeimranprogrammer has a reputation beyond reputeimranprogrammer has a reputation beyond reputeimranprogrammer has a reputation beyond reputeimranprogrammer has a reputation beyond reputeimranprogrammer has a reputation beyond reputeimranprogrammer has a reputation beyond reputeimranprogrammer has a reputation beyond reputeimranprogrammer has a reputation beyond reputeimranprogrammer has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: Please help me. My case officer misunderstood

Dear All,

First of all, you shouldn't have informed your CO about your manager's job switching. Because your CO is not concerned with your manager.

Now you have done a mistake. Clearly write an email to CO informing him about his misunderstanding and your blunder.
There is nothing to worry about
Old Dec 7th 2010, 5:54 am
Forum Regular

Messenger is just really niceMessenger is just really niceMessenger is just really niceMessenger is just really niceMessenger is just really niceMessenger is just really niceMessenger is just really niceMessenger is just really nice

Originally Posted by imranprogrammer
First of all, you shouldn't have informed your CO about your manager's job switching. Because your CO is not concerned with your manager.

Now you have done a mistake. Clearly write an email to CO informing him about his misunderstanding and your blunder.
There is nothing to worry about
His CO has already accepted it.
Old Dec 7th 2010, 8:15 am
BE Forum Addict

imranprogrammer has a reputation beyond reputeimranprogrammer has a reputation beyond reputeimranprogrammer has a reputation beyond reputeimranprogrammer has a reputation beyond reputeimranprogrammer has a reputation beyond reputeimranprogrammer has a reputation beyond reputeimranprogrammer has a reputation beyond reputeimranprogrammer has a reputation beyond reputeimranprogrammer has a reputation beyond reputeimranprogrammer has a reputation beyond reputeimranprogrammer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Messenger
His CO has already accepted it.
Oops.. sorry. I was silly too. I didn't read his response before replying.