Please Help...

Old Sep 14th 2009, 8:28 am
Forum Regular

alpinev18 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Please Help...

My occupation is Accountant, and I plan to apply Australian PR soon. However, I have yet to sit for my IELTS examination.

My job has been accessed by CPA Australia, and I have already obtained the letter.

As you guys are probably aware that DIAC is currently revamping the system, In your humble opinion, do you guys think that I should apply my PR without my IELTS or complete my IELTS first ?

By the way, I am 36 y.o this year, am I consider old in the eye of Australian ?

Appreciate your input.
Old Sep 14th 2009, 8:31 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Please Help...

Originally Posted by alpinev18
My occupation is Accountant, and I plan to apply Australian PR soon. However, I have yet to sit for my IELTS examination.

My job has been accessed by CPA Australia, and I have already obtained the letter.

As you guys are probably aware that DIAC is currently revamping the system, In your humble opinion, do you guys think that I should apply my PR without my IELTS or complete my IELTS first ?

Appreciate your input.
Unless you hold a passport from UK, US, Canada, New Zealand or Ireland you cannot apply without a valid IELTS. Your application will be invalid and rejected.
Old Sep 14th 2009, 8:36 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Unless you hold a passport from UK, US, Canada, New Zealand or Ireland you cannot apply without a valid IELTS. Your application will be invalid and rejected.
Thank Throthy. I got it. Look like i have to sit for the exam first before I lodge my application.

So anyone has any idea when the new revamped system will take place ?

I plan to sit for the IELTS exam on 24/10.

Hopefully I can still manage to apply under the old system.
Old Sep 14th 2009, 8:37 am
BE Forum Addict

ozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond repute

Are you from the United Kingdom (UK), Canada, New Zealand, United States of America (USA), Republic of Ireland?

If the answser is "yes", then you can submit your application now and submit the IELTS test results later.

If the answer is "no", then you cannot submit your application without the IELTS. You must submit your application with the IELTS at the same time. If you submit your application without the IELTS, then DIAC will mark it as incomplete and reject your visa application altogether.
Old Sep 14th 2009, 9:13 am
RMA; Aussie Career Coach

Susan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud ofSusan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud ofSusan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud ofSusan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud ofSusan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud ofSusan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud ofSusan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud ofSusan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud ofSusan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud ofSusan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud ofSusan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud of

Hi alpineV18

DIAC will be presenting the MODL Review recommendations to Senator Chris Evans, Australia's Minister for Immigration and Citizenship, in December.

The Director of the Review has advised me that changes will not be made until the Minister accepts the recommendations contained in that report.

Based on her advice, while we always need to keep in mind the fact that a week is a long time in politics, unless something quite major happens, it's unlikely that anything will change before early 2010.
Re the question of age, 36 isn't considered at all old in Australia! :-) and in any event, Australia's anti discrimination laws make it illegal to discriminate against anyone on the grounds of age, amongst other things.

Best regards
Susan

Last edited by Susan Wareham McGrath; Sep 14th 2009 at 9:16 am.
Old Sep 14th 2009, 9:20 am
BE Forum Addict

helloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant future

Appreciate your input.
BTW make sure you have 7 in each section otherwise you have to wait long..................... at this moment
Old Sep 14th 2009, 9:41 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Susan Wareham McGrath
Hi alpineV18

DIAC will be presenting the MODL Review recommendations to Senator Chris Evans, Australia's Minister for Immigration and Citizenship, in December.

The Director of the Review has advised me that changes will not be made until the Minister accepts the recommendations contained in that report.

Based on her advice, while we always need to keep in mind the fact that a week is a long time in politics, unless something quite major happens, it's unlikely that anything will change before early 2010.
Re the question of age, 36 isn't considered at all old in Australia! :-) and in any event, Australia's anti discrimination laws make it illegal to discriminate against anyone on the grounds of age, amongst other things.

Best regards
Susan

Thank Susan,

I can concentrate on my IL preparation now.

I hope i won't miss the boat.

Thanks.
Old Sep 14th 2009, 9:42 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by helloshivahere
BTW make sure you have 7 in each section otherwise you have to wait long..................... at this moment
Thank hello,

I think i can score band 7 on both reading and listening... but i still need to buck up a bit on my writing and speaking... Hope that 24/10 will be my lucky day.
Old Sep 14th 2009, 10:49 am
RMA; Aussie Career Coach

Susan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud ofSusan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud ofSusan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud ofSusan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud ofSusan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud ofSusan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud ofSusan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud ofSusan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud ofSusan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud ofSusan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud ofSusan Wareham McGrath has much to be proud of

Thank Susan,

I can concentrate on my IL preparation now.

I hope i won't miss the boat.

Thanks.
Glad to have been of help, Alpine - good luck! :-)
Old Sep 14th 2009, 1:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

charw has a brilliant futurecharw has a brilliant futurecharw has a brilliant futurecharw has a brilliant futurecharw has a brilliant futurecharw has a brilliant future

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0; Google Wireless Transcoder)

hi susan. MODL review is scheduled to be done in December or October? Isnt it next month?
Old Sep 14th 2009, 1:50 pm
RMA; Aussie Career Coach

Originally Posted by charw
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0; Google Wireless Transcoder)

hi susan. MODL review is scheduled to be done in December or October? Isnt it next month?
Hi Charw

The public consultation phase of the Review closes this month, but then the work begins behind the scenes.

The responses to Issues Papers 1 and 2 will be collated by admin staff, and prepared for submission to the Review team which will consist of representatives from the two federal government agencies that are leading the Review; the Department of Education, Employment and Workplace Relations and the Department of Immigration and Citizenship, along with any other stakeholders that have been invited to participate.

Over the ensuing 6 weeks or so, the Review Team will consider the responses to the Issues Papers and prepare a Final report and Recommendations, which, at the time the Review Director and I spoke was scheduled for submission to the Minister in December.

The Minister and his team of advisers and senior bureaucrats will then consider the recommendations, decide the way forward and make a public announcement at the appropriate time.

Because of the fact that the public sector tends to close down between late December and mid January, even if the Minister's decision is announced in December, it's unlikely that any changes will be implemented until early 2010.

However, we do need to recognise that the timeframe outlined above could change at any time, should political expediency make it necessary.

Best regards
Susan

Last edited by Susan Wareham McGrath; Sep 14th 2009 at 1:54 pm.
Old Sep 14th 2009, 3:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

charw has a brilliant futurecharw has a brilliant futurecharw has a brilliant futurecharw has a brilliant futurecharw has a brilliant futurecharw has a brilliant future

Thanks Susan for your kind advice. Hope the changes will play fair on those who have waited for a long time specially SS route.
Old Sep 15th 2009, 6:33 am
Forum Regular

What are the required documents when we want to submit our application online. I mean 175 Visa.

1. IELTS Result;
2. Passport;*
3. Marriage Certificate;*
4. Birth Certificates;*
5. Letter from Assessment Authority;
6. Letter from employers.

Anymore ?

* I need to translate these documents from Malay Language to English.

Last edited by alpinev18; Sep 15th 2009 at 6:57 am.
Old Sep 15th 2009, 6:53 am
BE Enthusiast

supriyag123 is an unknown quantity at this point

What are the required documents when we want to submit our application online. I mean 175 Visa.

1. IELTS Result;
2. Passport;*
3. Marriage Certificate;*
4. Birth Certificates;*
5. Letter from Assessment Authority;
6. Letter from employers.

Anymore ?
Qualification certificates/marksheets..
passport photo

And also supporting docs to prove employment (in addition to the letter you have already mentioned)..as much as u can...like payslip, IT return etc..
Old Sep 15th 2009, 7:02 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by supriyag123
Qualification certificates/marksheets..
passport photo

And also supporting docs to prove employment (in addition to the letter you have already mentioned)..as much as u can...like payslip, IT return etc..
Hi Supriyag123,

Thank for your input. Employment letter, what should we write ? Is that a sample format ? My friend has given me one, but I am not sure whether this is acceptable or not. He advised me to print out the letter by using company letter head.

Beginning of QUOTE:

Date :

Australian Government
Department of Immigration and Citizenship

Dear Sir/Madam,

RE: Confirmation of Employment : Mr X, Employment No:0898

Refer to the above matter, I confirmed that Mr X was employed under XXXX Sdn Bhd during 16/08/2004 to 09/08/2006. Other details related to his work are as follow:

Job Type : Permanent and Full Time;
Salary Earned : RM X,XXX.XX per month;
Position held : Accountant;
Main 5 duties undertaken : (1) Review closing of monthly account;
(2) Liaison with Bankers, External Auditors, Company Secretary and Tax agent when necessary.
(3) Set up controlling procedures. Eg stock take procedures;
(4) Payroll calculation and checking;
(5) Cash flows budget and forecast.

This position has been filled by one candidate before Mr X’s joining.

We hope that above information will assist him in his Australian’s VISA application.

Please do not hesitate to contact the undersigned should you have further enquiries.

Yours Faithfully,

…………………………..
Mr XYZ
Chief Executive Officer

End of Quote.

I do have a Income Tax return forms for past few years.

Last edited by alpinev18; Sep 15th 2009 at 7:13 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.