Please Help

Old May 7th 2009, 4:26 pm
Just Joined

xxxcaggyxxx is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Please Help

Hi,

PLEASE CAN YOU HELP!!

Me and My partner have decided we would like to come and live in australia...how do we go about doing this ASAP?

Im 25 and work as a Teaching Assistant in a Primary school (have done this for a year). Previously worked as a nuresry nurse. I have a degree in childhood studies. Will this get me in under the skills list thing? Its all very confusing! I have a congenital heart defect, i lead a normal life and am fit and healthy (have yeraly check ups). Will this effect us coming?

My partner works a a Pile Tester (testing forundations). He is 24 years old.

How do we go about getting a visa? How long deos it take and how much will it cost?

PLEASE HELP!

Caz and Jon
Old May 7th 2009, 5:19 pm
Forum Regular

tartantopgun has a brilliant futuretartantopgun has a brilliant futuretartantopgun has a brilliant futuretartantopgun has a brilliant futuretartantopgun has a brilliant futuretartantopgun has a brilliant futuretartantopgun has a brilliant future
Default Re: Please Help

I suggest with the variables in your case that the best route to take would be an immigration agent. A bit more expensive for your visa, however, all these risks will be assessed and explained to you and your husband.
Old May 7th 2009, 5:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by xxxcaggyxxx
Hi,

PLEASE CAN YOU HELP!!

Me and My partner have decided we would like to come and live in australia...how do we go about doing this ASAP?

Im 25 and work as a Teaching Assistant in a Primary school (have done this for a year). Previously worked as a nuresry nurse. I have a degree in childhood studies. Will this get me in under the skills list thing? Its all very confusing! I have a congenital heart defect, i lead a normal life and am fit and healthy (have yeraly check ups). Will this effect us coming?

My partner works a a Pile Tester (testing forundations). He is 24 years old.

How do we go about getting a visa? How long deos it take and how much will it cost?

PLEASE HELP!

Caz and Jon
As you presumably do not have an employer sponsor, a skilled migrant visa application might be worth looking into. Have you checked the latest SOL (skilled occupation list)? You should see if there is something in there that matches either your or your OH's experience.

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/1121i.pdf

To be honest, I think you will get more out of BritishExpats if you show signs of having looked into the basics yourself and then there are plenty here who will be happy to share their own learning experiences.
Old May 7th 2009, 5:38 pm
Just Joined

xxxcaggyxxx is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the help.

The skills list says Nursery Person so i think i qualify under that.

How much is a visa for both of us? And who is the best advisor service to go with? How much will that cost?

Thanks so much

Caz x
Old May 7th 2009, 5:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by xxxcaggyxxx
Thanks for the help.

The skills list says Nursery Person so i think i qualify under that.

How much is a visa for both of us? And who is the best advisor service to go with? How much will that cost?

Thanks so much

Caz x
I was a bit intrigued by the description 'nursery person' and so looked it up. Unfortunately, it actually relates to the type of nursery that contains plants as opposed to children. You need to see if there is anything else on the list that you or your OH might fall into, then do a search on a specific code for a bit more info.

Should you find something suitable, an online visa application that you do yourself will cost just over AUD 2,000. On top of this you will need to pay to have your occupation skills assessed and I have lost count of how much I have spent getting documents copied and certified! If you want to use an agent make sure they are MARA registered, the fees will vary.
Old May 7th 2009, 6:15 pm

Perthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud ofPerthfect has much to be proud of

The first place to start would be to have a good read of booklet 6 found on www.immi.gov.au

For childcare jobs on SOL I beleive that there is only Childcare Supervisor where you have to have been in charge of 25 children 0-5years, in a nursery, and you must have recent work experience (the only reason I mention this is you state you are now a Teaching Assistant.

The initial consultation from Agents are often free, and a number are highly recommended on here. Also use the search tool at the top - it will probably tell you precisely what you want to know.

Good luck!