Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Please explain why your spouse/de facto partner is not migrating with you

Please explain why your spouse/de facto partner is not migrating with you

Old Oct 14th 2009, 7:47 am
Banned

Token is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Please explain why your spouse/de facto partner is not migrating with you

Hi,

I am filling out my immigration form for 175 VE, i have a wife, a child, mother and father. We (me and my wife) has decided that i should go alone as main applicant and add my wife, mother, father and child as other family members or non migrating dependants. We have a plan that if I would get an immigration, i would go to Aus and search for a job and after that i would sponsor them. But while i was filling online form, i was asked "please explain why your spouse/de facto partner is not migrating with you"??

What should i write to DIAC, the reason i have mentioned above? We are concerned becoz what if i would go with my whole family for registration to Aus and then i won't get a job, it would be very difficult for me to support my whole family in Aus with out a job.

Can some one please give me an appropriate reason or advise me what should I write to DIAC??
Old Oct 14th 2009, 8:15 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Please explain why your spouse/de facto partner is not migrating with you

Originally Posted by Token
Hi,

I am filling out my immigration form for 175 VE, i have a wife, a child, mother and father. We (me and my wife) has decided that i should go alone as main applicant and add my wife, mother, father and child as other family members or non migrating dependants. We have a plan that if I would get an immigration, i would go to Aus and search for a job and after that i would sponsor them. But while i was filling online form, i was asked "please explain why your spouse/de facto partner is not migrating with you"??

What should i write to DIAC, the reason i have mentioned above? We are concerned becoz what if i would go with my whole family for registration to Aus and then i won't get a job, it would be very difficult for me to support my whole family in Aus with out a job.

Can some one please give me an appropriate reason or advise me what should I write to DIAC??
AS you have stated in your other thread that your parents are not dependent on you, I suggest you do not add them as non-migrating dependents as that would mean you lying to DIAC.
As for DIAC wanting an explanation as to why you aren't applying for visas for your wife and child as well, its rather unusual for someone to split up their family just so they can move abroad. You would probably find it easier to get them a visa now as your dependents. They don't have to move to Australia at once after all.
Old Oct 14th 2009, 8:29 am
Forum Regular

laguna33p has a spectacular aura aboutlaguna33p has a spectacular aura aboutlaguna33p has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Please explain why your spouse/de facto partner is not migrating with you

Totally agree, get your wife and child's visa too whether migrating or not and plus it's only the one fee. Later application will attract another fee so even if they dont migrate within the allocated timeframe then it's no loss.
Old Oct 14th 2009, 8:31 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Pollyana
AS you have stated in your other thread that your parents are not dependent on you, I suggest you do not add them as non-migrating dependents as that would mean you lying to DIAC.
As for DIAC wanting an explanation as to why you aren't applying for visas for your wife and child as well, its rather unusual for someone to split up their family just so they can move abroad. You would probably find it easier to get them a visa now as your dependents. They don't have to move to Australia at once after all.
Thank You Pollyana for your reply,

Its not that I want to split my family, its very difficult for me to move all my family members from one place to other with out an appropriate plan. I know its very easy to get them PR now but its mandatory to get them to Aus with in 1 year of medical expiration (given that we all get PR). Would it be suffice for DIAC if i say that my family wants to join me later when I settle down in australia after PR? or I need to be more precise in my reasoning??
Old Oct 14th 2009, 8:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

In not adding wife and child you are only attracting attention / suspicion to your application. If you realistically don't want your family to make the move immediately then they don't have to - all they need to do is make the validation visit.
Old Oct 14th 2009, 9:01 am
Da bing bing!

JenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond repute

I have to say I agree with the other posters. You should avoid suspicion at all costs, as this can lead to delay while DIAC satisfy themselves that all is okay. In that time, the guidelines can change & you might find yourself without the chance to migrate at all.

Put your wife & child on the application, it won't cost you anything extra & you would have to do medicals for them both & pcc's for your wife in any case. Then they can be granted the visa the same as you, travel withyou to Oz to validate & then return to your home country until you are in a position to send for them.

A much simpler & cheaper solution for you I think. Best of luck
Old Oct 14th 2009, 9:38 am
Banned

Originally Posted by JenniGee
I have to say I agree with the other posters. You should avoid suspicion at all costs, as this can lead to delay while DIAC satisfy themselves that all is okay. In that time, the guidelines can change & you might find yourself without the chance to migrate at all.

Put your wife & child on the application, it won't cost you anything extra & you would have to do medicals for them both & pcc's for your wife in any case. Then they can be granted the visa the same as you, travel withyou to Oz to validate & then return to your home country until you are in a position to send for them.

A much simpler & cheaper solution for you I think. Best of luck
hmmm, that means to make things simple, i must add my wife and children in my app. Thank YOu all for your advise. I really appreciate Pollyana,Bermudashorts and JenniGee for your time and effort.
Old Oct 14th 2009, 9:39 am
>40
Forum Regular

>40 is a name known to all>40 is a name known to all>40 is a name known to all>40 is a name known to all>40 is a name known to all>40 is a name known to all>40 is a name known to all>40 is a name known to all>40 is a name known to all>40 is a name known to all>40 is a name known to all

I know its very easy to get them PR now but its mandatory to get them to Aus with in 1 year of medical expiration (given that we all get PR).
I fully agree with the previous recommendations to include your family in your initial visa application. As pointed out, there are several advantages in having them included, and no disadvantages that I can think of.

Even in the worst possible scenario, where your wife and child are not able to validate their visas within the required timeframe (thereby having the visas cancelled), you are no worse off than if they were not included in the application in the first place.

Of course, considering the alternative of having your family apply a second time - with all added costs and associated risks of changing rules, time delays and other uncertainties - that first validation trip should really be an easy choice. Who knows, if you validate as quickly as possible on your own, you might even be able to secure a job in Australia before your wife and child have to validate/move. Good luck!
Old Oct 14th 2009, 10:08 am
Banned

AusMan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by >40
I fully agree with the previous recommendations to include your family in your initial visa application. As pointed out, there are several advantages in having them included, and no disadvantages that I can think of.

Even in the worst possible scenario, where your wife and child are not able to validate their visas within the required timeframe (thereby having the visas cancelled), you are no worse off than if they were not included in the application in the first place.

Of course, considering the alternative of having your family apply a second time - with all added costs and associated risks of changing rules, time delays and other uncertainties - that first validation trip should really be an easy choice. Who knows, if you validate as quickly as possible on your own, you might even be able to secure a job in Australia before your wife and child have to validate/move. Good luck!
I agree!!!!!
Old Oct 14th 2009, 4:30 pm
Shafaqat Ali

shafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of light

Hi,

Hi
I am in same situation, bout to get the ACS result, I think DIAC fee for spouse visa is nothing if you manage to get a job there the only issue is the risk of change in rules,
We have to think once again, adding your dependents with your application also require more verification and you need to get a level of English as well although it is not much difficult.
So I would appreciate you if you share your plan with me.
Old Oct 14th 2009, 4:49 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shafaqat309
Hi
I am in same situation, bout to get the ACS result, I think DIAC fee for spouse visa is nothing if you manage to get a job there the only issue is the risk of change in rules,
We have to think once again, adding your dependents with your application also require more verification and you need to get a level of English as well although it is not much difficult.
So I would appreciate you if you share your plan with me.
The fee for a Spouse visa is far from nothing, I can assure you. It may also mean a spouse getting a temp visa first instead of PR at once, depending on how long you have been married.
Your Spouse and child will have to go through a verification process if you bring them in on a Spouse visa later, plus the fact that i you have been living apart for some time DIAC will look closely at the period of separation to see whether the relationship is still genuine.
Old Oct 14th 2009, 5:22 pm
Shafaqat Ali

shafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Pollyana
The fee for a Spouse visa is far from nothing, I can assure you. It may also mean a spouse getting a temp visa first instead of PR at once, depending on how long you have been married.
Your Spouse and child will have to go through a verification process if you bring them in on a Spouse visa later, plus the fact that i you have been living apart for some time DIAC will look closely at the period of separation to see whether the relationship is still genuine.
What happens if anyone included in the application get failed in medical exams? Will all applicants be rejected or that effected person is rejected only?
Old Oct 14th 2009, 5:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shafaqat309
What happens if anyone included in the application get failed in medical exams? Will all applicants be rejected or that effected person is rejected only?
Yes they will all be rejected. And indeed would it matter, if my husband or a hypothetical child failed the medical I am not going to go without them am I?
Old Oct 14th 2009, 6:48 pm
Feeble Minded

SillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
Yes they will all be rejected. And indeed would it matter, if my husband or a hypothetical child failed the medical I am not going to go without them am I?
That is my view too, but having read some threads on BE, I don't think it is a view shared by all which really staggers me, but then maybe I just stagger easily
Old Oct 14th 2009, 7:50 pm
>40
Forum Regular

>40 is a name known to all>40 is a name known to all>40 is a name known to all>40 is a name known to all>40 is a name known to all>40 is a name known to all>40 is a name known to all>40 is a name known to all>40 is a name known to all>40 is a name known to all>40 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
Exactly, and wouldn't it be so much better to know about the visa outcome for the whole family as quickly as possible, rather than risking some family members being rejected a number of years down the road?

Also if ok today, anyone's health can change over time, possibly limiting future chances of getting a visa. And, if I understand it correctly, DIAC will check medicals for the whole family anyway, also when visas are not sought for all of them.

Last edited by >40; Oct 14th 2009 at 8:01 pm.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.