Please, can someone help!

Old Feb 21st 2006, 3:48 am
C&R
Always the last to leave.

C&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Please, can someone help!

on the 47sk form, question 74 - points test.
The points chart lists 2 columns - self and spouse.
If I am applying for a 138 visa as the main applicant, using my bf's skills/work experience etc, do I leave the self column blank and just complete the spouse column?

I need this one question answering before I can send off the form!
thank you in advance for any info.
Old Feb 21st 2006, 3:52 am
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Please, can someone help!

Originally Posted by Claire&Richard
If I am applying for a 138 visa as the main applicant, using my bf's skills/work experience etc, do I leave the self column blank and just complete the spouse column?

if you have both completed a skills assessment fill both in otherwise just fill in the side of the person that has done it - thats what we did! It worked coz we got our visas about 2 hrs ago!!!!!!
Old Feb 21st 2006, 3:56 am
C&R

C&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jonahs_mummy
if you have both completed a skills assessment fill both in otherwise just fill in the side of the person that has done it - thats what we did! It worked coz we got our visas about 2 hrs ago!!!!!!
I have not had my skills assessed, only bf's. I am the blood relative so have to be the main app, but in the case of 138 visa's you can use your spouse skills to gain all the points. I am unsure with whether I should put down points for english and age on the points chart, or just leave the 'self' column blank.

By the way, big congrats on getting your visa, I have read loads of your posts, so feel very happy for you : )
Old Feb 21st 2006, 4:00 am
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

I have not had my skills assessed, only bf's. I am the blood relative so have to be the main app, but in the case of 138 visa's you can use your spouse skills to gain all the points. I am unsure with whether I should put down points for english and age on the points chart, or just leave the 'self' column blank.

By the way, big congrats on getting your visa, I have read loads of your posts, so feel very happy for you : )
Right I get you - I would fill both sides in then for the relevant points - so put the skills points in on your boyf's side & the others in on your side as they all total up together dont they?
Claire
x
Old Feb 21st 2006, 4:06 am
C&R

Right I get you - I would fill both sides in then for the relevant points - so put the skills points in on your boyf's side & the others in on your side as they all total up together dont they?
Claire
x
oooh I see..but then we would gain like 45 extra points? So, do I leave off the points for english and age on the 'spouse' coloumn, or just not add in my 45 points on the total. Sorry, I am a brunette but having a blond moment.
Old Feb 21st 2006, 4:13 am
Suzy's Mummy too!

oooh I see..but then we would gain like 45 extra points? So, do I leave off the points for english and age on the 'spouse' coloumn, or just not add in my 45 points on the total. Sorry, I am a brunette but having a blond moment.
I would fill it in like this (see attachment)
Attached Thumbnails Please, can someone help!-points.png  
Old Feb 21st 2006, 4:15 am
C&R

I would fill it in like this (see attachment)
That is great. Thank you very very much!! : ) : )
Old Feb 21st 2006, 5:25 am
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute

Claire, I would fill in both columns fully and at the bottom add the 15 points to the higher score and put that in the final box.
Old Feb 21st 2006, 5:52 am
C&R

Originally Posted by CathnPaul
Claire, I would fill in both columns fully and at the bottom add the 15 points to the higher score and put that in the final box.
Thanks alot for pointing this out, I noticed when filling in the form, it asked to add 15 points to the highest score, and I kinda got ANOTHER panic attack. I shall now fill it in using both yours and claires advice thanks alot!

Believe it or not, I have another dilemma...

Question 53 - list the countries you have lived in for 12 months or more in the last 10 years.

Myself and bf's details are as follows:
China: 2002 - 2006
UK: 2000 - 2002
Back packing [but no more then 12 months spent in ONE country]: May 1999 - September 2000
UK: Birth year - 1999

So, do I fill it in listing the above info, or just fill in China & UK from 2000? Won't they want to know where we were before 2000? I am aware more info is needed for the form 80, so do not want to have to put in more info then necessary in the 47sk.

Again, any help is much much appreciated.
Old Feb 21st 2006, 6:10 am
Suzy's Mummy too!

Thanks alot for pointing this out, I noticed when filling in the form, it asked to add 15 points to the highest score, and I kinda got ANOTHER panic attack. I shall now fill it in using both yours and claires advice thanks alot!

Believe it or not, I have another dilemma...

Question 53 - list the countries you have lived in for 12 months or more in the last 10 years.

Myself and bf's details are as follows:
Back packing [but no more then 12 months spent in ONE country]: May 1999 - September 2000
UK: Birth year - 1999

So, do I fill it in listing the above info, or just fill in China & UK from 2000? Won't they want to know where we were before 2000? I am aware more info is needed for the form 80, so do not want to have to put in more info then necessary in the 47sk.

Again, any help is much much appreciated.
As far as I understand you only put details in here of places you have lived for a cumulative total of 12 mths or more. So if you had 7 months somewhere & moved on you should be okay. For Police Checks though, if you have been in particular countries for 10 mths + then your CO may request a PCC from that country - I have seen that before on BE.........
Old Feb 21st 2006, 6:12 am
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute

As far as I understand you only put details in here of places you have lived for a cumulative total of 12 mths or more. So if you had 7 months somewhere & moved on you should be okay. For Police Checks though, if you have been in particular countries for 10 mths + then your CO may request a PCC from that country - I have seen that before on BE.........
I have the same understanding.... cant believe you have your visa JM!!! Superb news, sorry bit distracted really pleased for you.
Old Feb 21st 2006, 6:22 am
C&R

Originally Posted by CathnPaul
I have the same understanding.... cant believe you have your visa JM!!! Superb news, sorry bit distracted really pleased for you.
363 days were spent in Oz, so we are expecting Dimia to request police checks on Oz for sure.

So I would just list China & the last address in the UK before that then? but that only takes it up to 2000. This has to be the most confusing question ever!
Old Feb 21st 2006, 6:26 am
Suzy's Mummy too!

363 days were spent in Oz, so we are expecting Dimia to request police checks on Oz for sure.

So I would just list China & the last address in the UK before that then? but that only takes it up to 2000. This has to be the most confusing question ever!
well I guess its up to you but it only asks for place you have stayed 12 mths or more... if you are unsure put everything!
Old Feb 21st 2006, 6:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Claire, list it as you had higher up the thread. Starting as follows:

birth - 1999 UK
Backpacking (around which countries??) May 1999 - September 2000. If not more than 356 days in one country. I would leave it out and put birth - 2002 UK.

I am sure one of the agents would jump in here if we were off the mark.
Old Feb 21st 2006, 6:33 am
C&R

well I guess its up to you but it only asks for place you have stayed 12 mths or more... if you are unsure put everything!
Ok, I think I will put China: then last address in the UK: then under that write please see attachment - which explains the time spent out of the UK for 16 months. Then put UK: from birth - 1999.

Again, thanks for your help, it really is appreciated. : ) : )

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.